Sign in to follow this  
Windskyed

Song : My Cadence in French with a reedited instrumental :)

Hello.

This time I have a special thing. With a  girl-friend, we have decided to make a french version of My Cadence by M.Mosier. I have made a new instrumental and I have tried to put some quality in it. It was not easy but I hope that the result will sound correct;

So, here is the link : 

I hope you'll enjoy the sound even if it's not the same langage than the original :).

Have a good evening :).

Dam

Ok. 

It's a beautiful rendition. 

However, those strings in the begining seem a little too closed in the filter. Open them up a little by increasing some of the high end to get that bright string sound. 

Also, that guitar has a "slapback pan" effect, meaning there is a slapback delay on a snap, but it is panning from left to right and back again. I suggest you center the guitar and dial in a slow-modulating chorus effect to give it that warm and watery sound. Also, with the guitar alone, it's sounding more like a ballad, rather than a love song. Add some background strings to the mix along with some solo instruments, preferably an oboe, flute and/or violin. 

In terms of your vocals, they sound rather dry. Add some reverb on them to give them more space. In addition, run them through a compressor with minimal attack time and slightly increased gain. This will give your vocals a little more of a punch. 

All in all, it's a great rendition, but it could use quite a bit of work on the instrumentation and post-recording processes. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime. 

Ok. 

It's a beautiful rendition. 

However, those strings in the begining seem a little too closed in the filter. Open them up a little by increasing some of the high end to get that bright string sound. 

Also, that guitar has a "slapback pan" effect, meaning there is a slapback delay on a snap, but it is panning from left to right and back again. I suggest you center the guitar and dial in a slow-modulating chorus effect to give it that warm and watery sound. Also, with the guitar alone, it's sounding more like a ballad, rather than a love song. Add some background strings to the mix along with some solo instruments, preferably an oboe, flute and/or violin. 

In terms of your vocals, they sound rather dry. Add some reverb on them to give them more space. In addition, run them through a compressor with minimal attack time and slightly increased gain. This will give your vocals a little more of a punch. 

All in all, it's a great rendition, but it could use quite a bit of work on the instrumentation and post-recording processes. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at anytime. 

Hey :).

Thank you for your advices. Again, they are very usefull. I have not forgot that you are here. In these times, I'm in a very intense job research. I have just time to do music sometimes / videos. But I can't follow any lessons with efficacity at this moment.

But, really, I will do it. And again, thank you for this proposition :).

I will do my best.

Hey :).

Thank you for your advices. Again, they are very usefull. I have not forgot that you are here. In these times, I'm in a very intense job research. I have just time to do music sometimes / videos. But I can't follow any lessons with efficacity at this moment.

But, really, I will do it. And again, thank you for this proposition :).

I will do my best.

No prob. Remember, when you get some free time, I can coach you. 

This was beautiful! I love french so much and this sounded so perfect with it. Good job! :)

Wow, a lovely cover! Sounded amazing <3