Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Video Game System Packaging

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

This might seem like an odd question, but it is coming from an odd pony so, there we go. XD I feel it has some merit though. When a new game system comes out, it is exciting. We go to the store, we get the new system and what is the first we see? The box. The glorious packaging that says 'I am the hot new game system, buy me!' and I always considered seeing the box was part of the excitement. Usually these boxes show off games and features on the back too, so there is that.

So the question is, as you saw from the title, what is your favorite video game system packaging? Can be more than one of course. :3

A personal favorite of mine has always been the packaging for the launch of the PSP:

post-8308-0-54193000-1488814188.jpg

This box was basically perfection for the system. This was before the age of smartphones and touch devices became the forefront of portable media players, so seeing this thing on the box was like 'WHOA! Look at all the stuff!" and that exact feeling reminds me how ahead of its time this thing was. The box perfectly shows you that this machine plays games, but also has so many more functions, not to mention the glorious display. It is a shame Sony soured this by making the memory sticks so expensive.

• Brohoof 1

For me, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, beats the box that housed the Atari Jaguar.

jagBox.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I know people like to rag on the Wii U but that thing had some pretty cool unique packaging in regards to certain bundles

Super Mario 3D World

super mario 3d land deluxe Cheaper Than Retail Price> Buy Clothing,  Accessories and lifestyle products for women & men -

Splatoon

Splatoon: Wii U bundle (w. amiibo) announced for Japan, 1st Anniversary  illustration - Perfectly Nintendo

Splatoon+Mario Kart 8

CV | Nintendo Wii U Mario Kart 8 + Splatoon Bundle [EU]

Splatoon+Smash U

image.jpeg.33902321d8ca46964ba9f315a364d095.jpeg

• Brohoof 1