Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to see a lot of meta humor in the film

Eddie123

The show has enough, but this movie is the perfect opportunity to really hit the nail on the head. I think having jokes about Hasbro, MLP, and Equestria Girls especially would really capture audiences, a la Deadpool and Lego Batman.

Do you agree? Should Hasbro do that?

• Brohoof 1

Not really. Batman Lego didn't affect Batman fans.

Thats a different demographic.

Thats like saying killing off a character in a specific movie made it better, so why not kill off the mane six, it worked for that other movie.

Little girls won't get the jokes and it can throw them off, and parents might not get them either, or think its too out of place.

Thats a different demographic.

Thats like saying killing off a character in a specific movie made it better, so why not kill off the mane six, it worked for that other movie.

Little girls won't get the jokes and it can throw them off, and parents might not get them either, or think its too out of place.

That's kind of the point. It's jokes meant for the Bronies that the target audience won't give a hoot about.

I mean I can guarantee at least two of those types of jokes will be in there given what the show has done.

100% disagree. One or two meta jokes can be hysterical.

But I want to see a serious MLP-world adventure story.

I don't want them wasting too much time being snarky and taking jabs at real world crap.

• Brohoof 3

No, I don't like those kinds of jokes in movies. I think it seems cheap, like the story can't stand on it's own. Similar to how a reboot makes references to the old version as a cheap way to appeal to fans.

No, I don't like those kinds of jokes in movies. I think it seems cheap, like the story can't stand on it's own. Similar to how a reboot makes references to the old version as a cheap way to appeal to fans.

MLP has at least one reference per episode. It wouldn't be out of place in this movie.

Make a couple of fourth wall-breaking jokes but keep the humor faithful to what would typically be seen in the show. Maybe reference an episode or two but don't do it too often.

Nothing wrong with including jokes and references that poke fun at both the brand and Hasbro itself, but they would need to be tasteful otherwise it could cause some issues.

this, this, this, this! Omg this!

100% disagree. One or two meta jokes can be hysterical.

But I want to see a serious MLP-world adventure story.

I don't want them wasting too much time being snarky and taking jabs at real world crap.

What? You dont want to see Family Guy cut away gags and pop culture references while the girls go to Seaquestria and meet a talking bipedal cat?

• Brohoof 1