Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reaction to a Anniversary love letter to fans of all generations?

ManaMinori

What if Hasbro decided to throw an anniversary love letter to the entire franchise of MLP into FiM, in a single episode? How would fans and viewers of the target audience react?  For example, Discord gets the hiccups by a prank played by Spike and RD, and the fabric of dimensions is altered, changing the style of the ponies of G4 to g1, Takara, g1.5, G2 (Friendship Gardens), G3, G3.5, then switching them into the bodies of the mane 6 Bonnie Zacherle had made for g1, then into the bodies of various next generation ponies, and rinse, repeat, every few minutes, with every hiccup? 

full.jpegfull.pngtakara_main_six_by_c_puff-d4weclo.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

They already did. I can't remember if it was Valentine's or Easter, but someone posted it on the mlparena. They had several ponies side by side and talked about how once upon a time their moms fell in love with MLP and how good it was to see parents and kids sharing that love. It was actually really sweet.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

I dont know how the bronies who are not a fan of those generations would react to that to be honest >.< I know I wouldnt mind as far as its just for an episode but I have a feeling that the others would flip since some of them have showed their clear dislike for those... again, I wouldnt mind at all, it actually sounds like a pretty cute idea  :squee:

(edited)

I think it would be hilarious, but come on: the fandom would rip it to shreds.

Well this part of the fandom does need to be reminded that they aren't the first or only fans. It wouldn't be for generation snobs. It'd be for fans of multiple generations.

Besides, it would be cool to get a generational package of toys like they did with the TMNT. They had one big pack that had a toy incarnation starting from the early comic version all the way to the current version. It was super cool.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

I dont know how the bronies who are not a fan of those generations would react to that to be honest >.< I know I wouldnt mind as far as its just for an episode but I have a feeling that the others would flip since some of them have showed their clear dislike for those... again, I wouldnt mind at all, it actually sounds like a pretty cute idea  :squee:

not strictly talking about bronies. The target audience, and other past genners. 

• Brohoof 1

Well this part of the fandom does need to be reminded that they aren't the first or only fans. It wouldn't be for generation snobs. It'd be for fans of multiple generations.

Besides, it would be cool to get a generational package of toys like they did with the TMNT. They had one big pack that had a toy incarnation starting from the early comic version all the way to the current version. It was super cool.

I agree. A reminder never hurts. The franchise is big enough to give nods to all gens. Bronies don't get special treatment, much as they like to think they do. 

I'm totally down for a generational set. That'd be pretty sweet

• Brohoof 1

The only time they would do something like this is when the brand itself celebrates a specific milestone. The last one would have been last year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original My Little Pony cartoon. The next time they could attempt something like what you're suggesting would actually be next year, the 35th anniversary of the brand overall.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The only time they would do something like this is when the brand itself celebrates a specific milestone. The last one would have been last year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original My Little Pony cartoon. The next time they could attempt something like what you're suggesting would actually be next year, the 35th anniversary of the brand overall.

I hope that they don't squander the opportunity.