Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some say season 5 and 6 were bad

Lil Pip

Season 5 and 6 opinions are quite extreme. I think the main reason of many disliking S5 was the finale, which plot potentials of alternate futures are always unexplored potentials; and the fact that Starlight's motivations kinda hurt her character :huh:.

Season 6 was kinda strange: Started with a less spectacular premiere, but it kinda redeemed Starlight for me (plus McFlurry :wub:), but the first half suffered by many underwhelming episodes, with many duds for measure. The second half however, had many good episodes, and some stand-outs, with only a dud or two. Plus the finale, while not the BEST overall, had a good change of pace by featuring side characters saving the day, and giving them good chemistry 

Season 2 is very overrated and kinda boring IMO. I'm one of the very few people who think that Season 3 is better than Season 2 *prepares for the pitchforks and knives.* Seasons 4 and 5 (especially 5) are HANDS DOWN my favorite seasons. Not to mention S2 still has what is BY FAR my least favorite episode and the only episode in the entire show that I actually hate.

Honestly, I used to think that every season was better than the last until Season 6 came along. 6 is still good, but I don't know where I would rank it among the others.

I have a few reasons why I am not a fan of S5 and especially S6. And don't forget, that's all my personal opinion. So, if you have other opinions, I am ok with it.

The character development: I am so angry how the mane 6 acted often in S6. The worst in my eyes was Applejack. I mean, she acted sometimes like an idiot (Applejack's Day off, The Cart before the Ponies, PPOV). This is not the AJ which I know and like. Same as for Rainbow. Rainbow is not my favorite pony and S6 make it not better. She acts so egoistic or dumb in many of her episode (like 28 Pranks Later, Newbie Dash or the Cart before the Ponies). Rarity was also sometimes not good written. I also find that Discord was a little bit to egoistic in this season. But there are also a few good character developments like Spike or Fluttershy. The character development in S5 was better. 

The Stories: S5 have a few boring stories and S6 a lot of boring or really stupid stories. S6 have the most episodes I don't like and two of my number one hate episodes (Applejack's Day off and PPOV). The other seasons also have weak episodes, but not so as S5 and S6. And S6 has also the worst finale of all. And both opener for S5 and S6 wasn't so good too. I have only one favorite episode in S6 (No Second Prances) and a few episodes who are good (Gauntled of Fire, Saddle Row Review and the three map episodes). 

The Songs: Here is in my opinion S5 the weakest season. The most songs wasn't not so good in my opinion. They wasn't really bad and there are a few good songs (Magic Inside, The Pony I want to be), but the most songs wasn't mine. The Songs in S6 was better, but only 12 songs is a little bit few in my eyes.

But both seasons have also good sides. I really like the better animations, the lot of new Pony designs (especially some new background ponies) and a few interesting characters like Starlight, Ember, Gabby, Rara, Tree Hugger or Thorax. 

In my opinion, S2 is the best season because S2 has the best episodes, really good songs, the best finale, one of the best opener and great character development. I am not one who says everything after S2 is bad because in my opinion, S3 and S4 are also good season. I also find S5 not totally bad, but it is also not a good season for me. S6 has also his good moments, but not to much for me personal.

Edited by IronM17