Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Nintendo switch is likely to fail because of this...

Techno Universal

Recently lots of people have encountered the major flaws of the Nintendo switch and the worst part is that the most common issue is literally console-breaking. I think it's around 60% of people who have gotten a defective console that just completely breaks after only useing it for a few hours so the main problem is that the console randomly freezes up and makes a extremely loud ear killing noise that's like an electric 8 bit sound or it's a static like noise and eventually the whole console will turn off and after that you will never be able to turn it back on again and the console would be completely dead. This has led to thousands of people returning the consoles for their money back and this is a real catastrophic failure for Nintendo and it may put the company into bankruptcy. Plus there are already tons of videos on the internet capturing the issue occurring and this is the best YouTube video I could find. :)

https://youtu.be/Cb-srOfRqNc

was it really around 60%? i heard it was only a few hundred of people that received a console-breaking defect.

To be honest it was a friend at school that's very up to date with technical things like this that told me about the amount of people encountering the console breaking glitch so I'm actually not 100% certain on the amount of people that encounterd the glitch but by the look of the YouTube video on the link it seems like thousands of People encounterd it. Considering that most people don't bother to film it and post it on the internet and it's a very small amount of people that actually bother to do that and I counted around 16 people in that one video so it just seems that thousands encounterd the glitch. :)

this is a personal opinion of course, I dont think gimmick consoles are an interest anymore and I believe that Nintendo should go the way of Sega and start doing third party games or just keep their focus on the 3DS since they have always had success in handheld gaming. I thought that's what was going to happen after the WiiU (I love my WIIU btw). 

Like a lot of people, Ive been with Nintendo since the release of the Gameboy and N64, I loved them, but started losing a lot of interest in Nintendo when the original Wii came out. Still hate that console. but with the WiiU I felt theres was less of a gimmick with it and that it was better in quality than the Wii. 

My bf had never encountered a WiiU until we got a house together and he loves it and has no interest in getting a Switch. Tell ya what, being able to play the game on the gamepad whilst I'm watching a DVD is a brilliant idea and we've actually been using it. Never thought we would tbh. Yes so the switch can do the same thing, but it seems to have a lot of design faults. I've seen/heard issues with the dock damaging the gamepad, the usb charager is on the bottom....what.... and then theres the common problem with the strap attachments getting stuck solid. 

Only issue we've ever had with the WiiU is the frame rate lag that started happening after the last update before Zelda came out. seems fine now. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wonder how many people encounter the console breaking glich every day? It's probably almost impossible to calculate the enact numbers but probably like one hundred people around the world encounter the glitch every day but that's just an estimate. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

the best one ive seen is the dead pixels, seems quite a common one here in the UK, Nintendo's services even state theres nothing to be done and that its normal for pixels to die on LCD screens....... NOT WHEN THEYRE BRAND NEW! LOL!

These technical issues are the poisonous icing on what is already a pretty bad cake, in my opinion. The Switch is essentially the Wii U with the gimmick levels ramped up to eleven, rivaling the original Wii in that department. These types of hardware problems seem rather new for Nintendo as well these days as I don't remember the Wii or Wii U suffering from issues up to this level. With each new day, Nintendo is simply disappointing me more and more with the Switch.

(edited)

" 60% of people who have gotten a defective console that just completely breaks after only useing it for a few hour"

:scots:  :scots:  :scots:  :scots: false. if it really were that many it would be reported tons of times in lots of websites, personal tumblrs, reddits, famous websites asking nintendo and nintendo making official statments etc. 

im in a videogame forum and everyone's reporting their switches and so far we have like 90 perfect and 1 lil scratched (not in the screen but in the border. and millimeters). all joy-cons work well after the day 1 update. the wifi says that doesnt get good signal BUT at the same time it downloads fast even with aparently poor signal (its likely they get good signal but the switch only shows one bar)

as for blue screen and other issues, we have zero reported. of course they exist but i think theyre not that many.

i think the internet clickbait culture is going extra harsh on switch. obviously all consoles have lots of problems on launch, switch too. but while PS4 at launch didnt had that mainstream fan drama (still it had), with switch i swear it's a chaos. the ol "nintendoomed". even ive seen some fake news reporting some switch big problems that remained as official and lots of people believe them, making a lot of buzz and posts. but days later they were confirmed as fake, but obiously that new's update didnt have buzz and repercussion.so the damage its done.

despite that, i too recomend to wait at last some months after buying a console. not only switch but for them all. I guess getting it this summer will be ok. 

I hope everythings ends well and success for the swtich. nintendo has to fix some things but i think they can make it so much better than wii u at least. I hope we have lots of games there.

Edited by Tropico
  • Brohoof 2

This is why you don't buy a console at launch. I may just end up getting a Wii U next...like seriously...I've never seen Nintendo have this many problems...

That's the best thing about pessimism: Either you're right, or you're pleasantly surprised. :lol:

Recently lots of people have encountered the major flaws of the Nintendo switch and the worst part is that the most common issue is literally console-breaking. I think it's around 60% of people who have gotten a defective console that just completely breaks after only useing it for a few hours so the main problem is that the console randomly freezes up and makes a extremely loud ear killing noise that's like an electric 8 bit sound or it's a static like noise and eventually the whole console will turn off and after that you will never be able to turn it back on again and the console would be completely dead. This has led to thousands of people returning the consoles for their money back and this is a real catastrophic failure for Nintendo and it may put the company into bankruptcy. Plus there are already tons of videos on the internet capturing the issue occurring and this is the best YouTube video I could find. :)

https://youtu.be/Cb-srOfRqNc

First of all, I need better proof than a YouTube video. Give me a REAL source that shows me multiple reports, NOT just one guy's bad luck!

(Annoyed) Seriously, People are still shouting that Switch Glitch bull****?! I brought my Switch at launch, been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild almost hour I'm awake, and never encountered any problems!

The Xbox 360 had the Red Ring of Death affecting several of its consoles in the early days of its life and it still managed to be a successful asset to Microsoft and selling to gamers for 5+ years! If the Xbox 360 could still be selling after 5+ years despite having such an infamous glitch, then I think Nintendo Switch will be fine!

*facepalms* I wish the "Nintendoomsayers" would stop acting like it's end of the world.

• Brohoof 2

I personally know quite a few guys that got a switch and they never experienced any of those errors. I feel like the internet may be spreading rumors again. Even "tech guys" can fall for them if they don't look into it enough.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

While I am aware of frequent technical issues concerning syncing issues, the issues with the Switch that you brought up are almost entirely false or exaggerated. The console has released as of now to mostly positive reception, with many people thoroughly enjoying their experience with their respective console. 

And, it most certainly is NOT 60% of all consoles or any figure even close to that amount. If this was the case, then there would be a scandal, Nintendo would almost certainly have to give out refunds and the sales of the new console would quickly hit rock bottom and Nintendo would die. The switch has had the most successful launch of ANY console in the companies history, even more so than the Wii.

Also in terms of "gimmick consoles" I actually really like them. They add diversity to a world of video games which seems to be quickly drying up of creativity. Sure, it's easy to go back and laugh at the Wii for it's motion controls NOW, but at the time it was revolutionary and became Nintendo's most successful console by far. Plus, the motion controls, despite having some glaring issues are actually very over hated and work very well for the majority of big, first party titles. The Super Mario Galaxy games for example utilise the Wii's motion controls near perfectly. The Wii U may have largely been more of the same, but it was actually a lot of fun to play and a solid console overall.

The only Nintendo console that I legitimately dislike is the N64. The controller is utter garbage and the vast majority of it's games have aged like crap. Not to mention how overrated it is.

Although I digress. In short I have very little worries about the success of the Switch and I can sat with near certainty that it will do better than the Wii U.

In fact, why am I even being civil about this? This whole topic is total bullcrap and straight up lies! You can check the news in seconds and see that this has absolutely no truth to it! Yes, because one video claims that their Switch was not working, I should obviously and blindly believe everything that they say despite having no sufficient evidence about it!

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Baloney. Find a legitimate source for this bull, then we'll talk.

And no. Nintendo will never go third party. What an idiotic conspiracy theory this is.

Edited by Knucklehead Flyer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Every single console has had a problem at launch. Red ring of death for Xbox 360, Yellow light of death for PS3. Just because it's Nintendo, they're doomed, no. I hear a ton of people who say the Wii is the best selling console from Nintendo, even after 100's of TV's were broken.

The gimmick works for people like me, who is always out of the house, and doesn't have time to sit down at home and actually enjoy games. It hasn't even been a week, at least give it a few months for everything to be ironed out, I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing, and on the game side? E3. It can't be like last year where their main focus was Breath of the Wild. 

Also saying that mine has been running flawlessly ever since it was turned on, so that shouldn't equate to the few unlucky people.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 1

It's kind of sad that most new Systems are released in this state. Remember the PS3/4? They both shipped with flaws and issues that sony knew about. It's sad but how the Industry works now. Vigilance is the only way to say safe I guess.

" 60% of people who have gotten a defective console that just completely breaks after only useing it for a few hour"

if it really were that many it would be reported tons of times in lots of websites, personal tumblrs, reddits, famous websites asking nintendo and nintendo making official statments etc. 

I CALLED IT

i think the internet clickbait culture is going extra harsh on switch. obviously all consoles have lots of problems on launch, switch too. but while PS4 at launch didnt had that mainstream fan drama (still it had), with switch i swear it's a chaos. the ol "nintendoomed".

as the biggest release this year (so far), it's unsurprising the switch is getting extra shit, especially since this kinda "i bought this and it SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTED" stuff happens literally all the time when some new piece of technology is released at the time; yet despite this, they usually end up pretty successful.

• Brohoof 1

Only a few consoles actually are defected in a batch of hundreds of thousands of consoles on launch day, and they only get more and more less later on in the year. the switch WILL succeed in this era of mobile gaming. We got Botw which got perfect reviews from lots of review sites, good third party support, and good gameplay on the best mobile console money can buy(even though it is a hybrid). The switch can only go up from here. Switch Consoles getting scratched? Be more careful. Dead pixels on your console? You can get a refund from the store ya know. The switch will succeed. Also, Nintendo becoming a third party company? UNLIKELY, AND NOT A GOOD CHOICE. Nintendo doesn't need to become a 3rd party developer because they don't need to, they can afford to make game systems and have done a great job with the switch AND Wii U(The wii u has some VERY good games, it just didn't sell well and didn't appeal to the mass market.) I'm planning to get a switch and see if this Nintendoom stuff is actually true. 

• Brohoof 2

Only a few consoles actually are defected in a batch of hundreds of thousands of consoles on launch day, and they only get more and more less later on in the year. the switch WILL succeed in this era of mobile gaming. We got Botw which got perfect reviews from lots of review sites, good third party support, and good gameplay on the best mobile console money can buy(even though it is a hybrid). The switch can only go up from here. Switch Consoles getting scratched? Be more careful.

While I do agree that the Switch will likely stay afloat a rocky start sets is a bad precedent for the company. Even small hardware and software issues like the ones reported will carry word of mouth and influence the on the fence consumers to not risk taking the plunge. While Nintendo will likely get enough consumers to keep the system afloat the numbers wont be as high as they could have been, and Nintendo NEEDS this. One flop of a system isnt enough to put the company in the red but two miscalculations in a row would most likely turn the tide in their product strategy. In this age of social media, information of "this happened to me" gets around fast and when there are multiple reports happening of it it spreads a lot faster than before. Thats why we're even talking about it now.

While I do agree the Switch wont likely flop and could be much more successful over its lifespan, these troubling issues will influence people not to make that investment which right now Nintendo needs to guarantee the future production of their products. Its simple stuff that could have been hammered out before launch to ensure a much stronger launch.

• Brohoof 1