Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Children in the theater?

digit112

This has been something I've been worried about for a while and I don't know how big of a deal it'll be. I don't know if I should risk the possible discomfort of going the first day I can, or wait a while longer and get less kids. I've never gone to the movies for something mlp, so I guess if anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears.

Simple, you just buy your ticket and walk in. It's only as embarrassing as you make it to be and is no more embarrassing then going to see a Disney movie without any kids in tow.

Or if your absolutely sure that the audience is going to chase you out with jeers and popcorn, which truly won't happen I promise, then take siblings/cousins/nieces/nephews or go out with friends who have them or are babysitting.

• Brohoof 5

Simple, you just buy your ticket and walk in. It's only as embarrassing as you make it to be and is no more embarrassing then going to see a Disney movie without any kids in tow.

Or if your absolutely sure that the audience is going to chase you out with jeers and popcorn, which truly won't happen I promise, then take siblings/cousins/nieces/nephews or go out with friends who have them or are babysitting.

I think the OP's talking more along the lines of 'noisy kids ruining the movie'.

@OP: If you go early to the movie, you reduce the likelihood of the kids singing along to the songs because they've heard them somewhere (this also depends on how earwormy the songs in question are). However, this also increases the probability of more kids being present there, as they're more likely to go to earlier viewings, while the movie is still new (unless the effect of word-of-mouth advertising is a significant factor). Me, I'm going for the earliest viewing possible and hoping that kids' parents are slow on the uptake when it comes to just-released movies.

Either that, or you could recruit a gang of bronies and rent an entire viewing screen for exclusive usage. :-P

• Brohoof 3

Well, i don't think most of the kids will be preordering a ticket to the movie to watch it on release. Otherwise just don't care. Like, waiting won't help because there always be kids to watch it.

As annoying as some kids can be, it has never been bad enough to ruin the viewing experience outright anytime I have seen a movie. If there happens to be a kid that is being a bit annoying, I can put up with it, especially for a movie such as this. ^-^ As long as they aren't screaming, that is what gets to me.

• Brohoof 1

As annoying as some kids can be, it has never been bad enough to ruin the viewing experience outright anytime I have seen a movie. If there happens to be a kid that is being a bit annoying, I can put up with it, especially for a movie such as this. ^-^ As long as they aren't screaming, that is what gets to me.

The only problem I have is people who bring infants. The first loud noise and all they do is cry and cry and cry. That has happened a couple of times in films I have went and seen. You also occasionally get kids that are bored and want to keep getting up and moving around the theater to entertain themselves. It really depends on the type of theater you go to and what they will and won't allow.

• Brohoof 5

Either that, or you could recruit a gang of bronies and rent an entire viewing screen for exclusive usage. :-P

Ha! that would be amazing! Wish I knew that many bronies in my town, or any bronies, for that matter. I'll take your advice into account.

(edited)

The only time I had children annoy me was during the time I saw Inside Out in theaters, but after a while they stopped being disruptive.

I guess if it isn't too bad, than you should be able to just put up with and try to ignore the children, that's what got me through that experience.

Edited by cmarston1

When I saw Rainbow Rocks in theatre, which was the only time I went to see a MLP related film in theatre, I went with a friend. Funny enough, we saw a group of five people, three guys and a couple of ladies who were clearly in their 20s sitting in the front row. There was also what appeared to be a birthday party of 8 year old boys as there were a lot of them sitting in a row with a couple women who must have been parents. My friend and I sat near the back, and it wasn't too bad. We discreetly left afterwards, which only got awkward when we happened to run into a classmate from high school on the way out. We managed to avoid any awkwardness though by slyly pretending we went to see the latest Spider-Man film, which was the biggest blockbuster at the time. Good times.

I was initially thinking we should go incognito, but I figured that would actually draw more attention to ourselves. Besides, I couldn't think of a clever enough disguise anyways that wouldn't make us look suspicious. Well, that and I don't actually own a trench coat. Long story short, we saw Rainbow Rocks and it was fine. Just make up a cover story for if you happen to run into someone you know, unless you happen to run into them in that particular theatre, in which case strike up a conversation as that would be an amazing coincidence.

• Brohoof 2

I'm aiming to watch the movie on it's premiere day :proud: ....... at night  :blink: .......because movies at night is cool  :icwudt: . Anyway, I don't feel embarrassed for watching Disney movies in theaters alone, so why would ponies  :orly: ? I'm still concerned about the children making noises and being obnoxious in general though :huh:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

only if they aint screaming thier bloody heads off runnin up down the alse

creating chaos then everybody except them be like :unamused:

ooooooooh that grinds my gears more then anything else if bratty kids are there hell naw

if they are good kids then hell yea 

Edited by Nightshroud
  • Brohoof 2

I once had a bad problem with a bratty child; I just reported them and their stupid mother to the usher. She told him to *beep* off, he responded by throwing her and her brat out of the cinema. And there was much rejoicing. XD Another time, while watching "Fellowship Of The Ring", a child screamed in fear and sobbed so bad his dad had to take him out; this was when the Nazgul appeared. Who the heck takes a child to go see a movie like that, anyway?

Conversely, I went to see Toy Story 3 with my boyfriend, and there wasn't a single child in the entire cinema. :P

• Brohoof 1

I once had a bad problem with a bratty child; I just reported them and their stupid mother to the usher. She told him to *beep* off, he responded by throwing her and her brat out of the cinema. And there was much rejoicing. XD 

This happened to me as well except the part with throwing people out. I went to see a play on Beauty and the Beast, some dumb kid seated right behind me (how unfortunate) started blurting not so loudly the lines during the play. And no one, not even the mom, did a damn thing about it. I really wanted to do something about it, but I just had to cope from it until he shuts the hell up.

Maybe it's just me but I have always thought going to kids movies is accepted in society regardless of age simply because going to the movies is fun. Like I see kids movies in the movie theater all the time :/ I thought it was more accepted than watching them at home.

Maybe it's just me but I have always thought going to kids movies is accepted in society regardless of age simply because going to the movies is fun. Like I see kids movies in the movie theater all the time :/ I thought it was more accepted than watching them at home.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with going to see a kid's movie that you're interested in seeing. Though people may think of you differently because of those types of movie, but it shouldn't matter to them when it's your prerogative only.

If at all possible go later at night or on a weekday. That way kind are asleep or at school, or you know don't worry about it.

Wouldn't parents be willing to skip a day of school to let their kid see a movie if it were a weekday?

Wouldn't parents be willing to skip a day of school to let their kid see a movie if it were a weekday?

Idk man, If I were an average parent I probably wouldn't want to see the movie in the first place let alone skip a day of school for it.

Unless I have a group of friends going I dont intend to see it in the theater. I do remember when we went to see Rainbow Rocks and I had a...meh time but it was good enough since I felt like I was part of a group. Id only be willing to do it again for that. That being the case I have no doubt you'ed get parents taking their little girls to see the movie and not shut up during the screening.

I dont think you should expect a quiet experience if any kids will be there (which most of them would probably be under 10).