Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Children in the theater?

digit112

I fully expect children in the theater, this IS a children's movie after all. I'll just have to deal with it, like when I end up taking my mother to go see the new Beauty and the Beast movie. What? My mom and I loved that movie when I was a kid. :P 

Watching Children in the theatre, for me, could perhaps be compared to getting bittten by a poisonous insect. It's unessacary, annoying, and even downright painful at times.

Except that there is an antidote for getting bitten by a poisonous insect. Short of screaming and ramming my head into my chair, I'm not really sure of what else I can do. And if the movie that I've been waiting for, every day of every week of every month for the last 2 years, get's ruined because some uncouth children can't shut their mouths, I swear!

I am NOT a fan of kids.

• Brohoof 2

Watching Children in the theatre, for me, could perhaps be compared to getting bittten by a poisonous insect. It's unessacary, annoying, and even downright painful at times.

Except that there is an antidote for getting bitten by a poisonous insect. Short of screaming and ramming my head into my chair, I'm not really sure of what else I can do. And if the movie that I've been waiting for, every day of every week of every month for the last 2 years, get's ruined because some uncouth children can't shut their mouths, I swear!

I am NOT a fan of kids.

so true I wish parents can control their kids instead of the let everybody else control my bratty ass kids mentality

the kids never learn right from wrong this is apparent in todays world these lazy parents who want the rest of us not to curse and whatever then they go curse up a storm the argument I always hear is I don't want my kid cursing. then why are you cursing up a stotrm ya bloody hypocrite.

hypocrite parents breed hypocrite kids case closed.

Edited by Nightshroud
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I almost never have problems with kids in the theatre. A lot of parents prefer to take them when they're better behaved.

While there are of course going to be "those kids and parents" who are spoiled brats, this so called problem seems to be blown way outta proportion.

It's a kids movie. Expect kids to be there. Remember that you were kids once yourself and have acted bratty at least once in public and remember that just as many kids are well behaved and that you too have been well behaved at least once in public.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

Of course there are gonna be kids, but if you are worried then just go see it at night or just see it during the middle of a weekday when those kids should be at school. Problem solved. Also, you could just wait for it to come out online I normally do that

just go on a school day when they are all in school and it will be fine, it will be dark anyway. only real problem is if there are kids they will probably be running up and down the isles, kicking the backs of chairs and screaming "I WANT GUMMY BEARS !!!" for 2 SOLID hours . 

I'm a little worried about it in all honesty. I also don't have any brony friends to go with. :okiedokieloki:

I am hoping it'll be okay. My experience with The Secret Life of Pets was horrible because of a couple of kids moving down the aisles and screaming. I suppose the best thing I could do is go during school hours. That worked when I went to go see the Shaun the Sheep movie. I also hope I can be brave enough to ask for a ticket. :love:

Edited by Tiny Hoofs

I dread that I get obnoxious kids in the movie, as children have to be expected. So far though, I think I only had two instances of obnoxious kids in the theaters. Both happened when I was a teen also

2 hours ago, Olsen1987 said:

let's hope theatres are well aware of the adult fans and will set up views later in the evenings when kids are in bed.
the original undubbed version with original VA's.

^WAIT WHAT!? xD What are you talking about Northerner? This isn't an animu, silly pants :P

8 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

^WAIT WHAT!? xD What are you talking about Northerner? This isn't an animu, silly pants :P

i'm talking about the youngest watchers in countries where english isn't the native language.
can't remember one cartoon where the voices wasn't rerecorded in let's say, norwegian or finnish.
ya know, silly filly, language :D

probably not the best fandom for me to be in being that i hate children lol, im gonna HATE being near children when i go to watch this. hopefully they'll have a late night showing for the older bronies who want to go and see it

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 4/20/2017 at 4:26 PM, IronCaptain19 said:

I want to see the late night premier, its on a Thursday night so maybe there won't be many kids there and mostly adults.

You'd be surprised how many kids I see at midnight premiers :dry:

If its anytime during the first 2 weeks of release there's almost always going to be kids there

Edited by SONICchaos
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna hope there are going to be some screenings in the evening hours in English rather than the Dutch dub so I won't be surrounded by kids who are too noisy. That kids will be there is a given since they are the primary demographic, but I hope going to the original version will deter the youngest ones. And who knows, maybe I'll be in a cinema full of bronies.

(edited)

I see lots of children's movies in theater. Kids are generally well behaved because they're expected to be. Parents, at least in my area, can usually tell if their child will be alright and mature enough to see a movie. As someone who looks after children as a job, it's honestly not even really WORTH it to bring an unruly child to see a movie because neither parent nor child will enjoy it. The parent will be (if they're decent in any sense) constantly occupied with the unruly child.. I've never honestly been to a kid's movie that was any louder than the ones with adult audiences. Of course you may get some little giggles or noises in reaction to the movie but It's usually the same as if you'd go and see a full movie with adults. If you're worried about it still, I'd say book the latest show time so there's more of a chance for the little ones to be at home sleeping instead.  And to be fair, it's very.. obnoxious for anyone to be complaining about children at a KID'S movie. You were all children once and they are still human beings, in fact since they have underdeveloped brains we need to treat them with patience but also guidance as well. I remember being young and feeling very sad when the adults treated me like a little brat just because I was young. 

Edited by Psychic Shimmer

3 hours ago, Psychic Shimmer said:

You were all children once and they are still human beings, in fact since they have underdeveloped brains we need to treat them with patience but also guidance as well. I remember being young and feeling very sad when the adults treated me like a little brat just because I was young. 

Some of em still deserve a good smack tho :please:

12 hours ago, Psychic Shimmer said:

I see lots of children's movies in theater. Kids are generally well behaved because they're expected to be. Parents, at least in my area, can usually tell if their child will be alright and mature enough to see a movie. As someone who looks after children as a job, it's honestly not even really WORTH it to bring an unruly child to see a movie because neither parent nor child will enjoy it. The parent will be (if they're decent in any sense) constantly occupied with the unruly child.. I've never honestly been to a kid's movie that was any louder than the ones with adult audiences. Of course you may get some little giggles or noises in reaction to the movie but It's usually the same as if you'd go and see a full movie with adults. If you're worried about it still, I'd say book the latest show time so there's more of a chance for the little ones to be at home sleeping instead.  And to be fair, it's very.. obnoxious for anyone to be complaining about children at a KID'S movie. You were all children once and they are still human beings, in fact since they have underdeveloped brains we need to treat them with patience but also guidance as well. I remember being young and feeling very sad when the adults treated me like a little brat just because I was young. 

True. It's actually rare to find misbehaving kids in cinema from my experience. I can only remember one instance where a kid was being obnoxious behind me playing with MY seat :dry:. Another minor inconvenience was in Toy Story 3, where a girl said that Lotso was the bad guy :dash: . Either way, I'm not expecting much trouble when I watch 'em horses 

(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 11:48 PM, TheGOAT said:

No they don't for wanting to see a movie made for them. Grow up.

Them being at the movies isn't the reason for my, or any sensible person's problem. It's unruly children who are annoying. Discipline of a disobedient kid is a given part of good parenting and it doesn't matter whether they're at a movie theater or not. Both positive and negative reinforcement are required. So yes, if your kid spends two hours screaming at a movie screen, then they ought to be punished (Though, you definitely shouldn't hit them...) On a similar note, I personally understood when I made this post that it could be very selfish of me if I went to far to try and solve the problem. It is perfectly fine, however, to do what I want as long as I don't hinder anyone else's experience, and that is exactly what I planned to do.

Edited by digit112
  • Brohoof 1