Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a 'ritual' before watching the show?

Cheval

I have had a new ritual recently of making sure I have my chocolate, my cereal, a blanket, slippers and also a cup of tea before an episode. 

Sometimes if it is a cold day in Britain, I have a shower before hand so I am warm and relaxed. 

On 3/12/2017 at 8:52 AM, Pepper Mint said:

When watching new episodes:

Use whatever device I have nearby to immediately flock to Dailymotion like the cable-less pleb I am, regardless if I'm at home or in public.

When rewatching episodes while waiting for the new season:

Water/Sprite/Tea along with any snackage by my side,

Wrapped up in a nice, warm blanket,

Netflix pulled up on the big ol' screen :3

I have to watch on dailymotion because I am a UK plebian and no UK channels air MLP episodes live till the next day :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Not really. But there is something I always do when i watch it: Not skipping the opening! :fluttershy: I never skipped the opening and I never will. :wub:

The only thing I sometimes do, when I watch some episodes late in the evening, is to eat a bag of chips. :eager:

Of course I do, I always do a ritual to open a portal to Equestria so I can see the show live-action! :mlp_wink: :P

Being serious though, I don't do anything before I watch the show, I just pop it up and watch it.

• Brohoof 2

I burn pancake incense that is pleasing to Celestia, toss a scroll in the fireplace for the smoke to deliver it to Luna, and then kneel in prayer on a silken pillow depicting the Celtic horse god, Epona, as the LCD screen on my blood-anointed altar sparks to life.

I pour a glass of Absinthe.

Oh yes, I have a pre-show ritual.  Oh, indeed I do... :sneer:

It begins when the Brotherhood arrives with the sacrifice.  We offer a yak to Celestia and paint the doors of our lair with its blood as we sing the sacred chant of our order in olde Ponish.  We ask the ancient alicorns to bless us, then we draw a pentagram of salt around the tv.  Then we...

Spoiler

Lol.  No, not really.  No specific mlp ritual.  Just the same as all tv and movies--I always watch at the same time while eating dinner.  It's kind of my special me-time.  It's probably the best part of my day.  My dinner and tv time is really the only time when the weight of the world melts away (a little), and I feel kind of okay for about an hour and a half.

However, I do have an eccentricity of sorts when it comes to FIM now that the show has ended.  I strictly refrain from watching any FIM or EG, and then when it's been awhile, maybe a couple of years, then I do a complete chronological rewatch of the entire MLP G4 multiverse in order.  Every episode, every EG movie and special, every short, every everything.  Then I'm good for awhile and I go dark again until I get another hankering.  I can't just watch some random episode.  Nope.  It's gotta be all or nothing.  I compare it to Lord of the Rings.  No sane person would say, "I'm in the mood for a little LOTR", and then just watch The Two Towers without watching Fellowship or Return of the King.  One would have to have brain damage to do such a thing.  That's how I am with Pony.  The whole thing, all the way through.  During the off-time, I still permit myself to look at pictures, fan content, and listen to music.  That's how I am with media that's really important to me.  It has to be an event:D