Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions How do you feel about the Past Generations forum?

ManaMinori

G4 gets a decent bit of talk, but how do Bronies feel about the Past Generations forum? In spite of it being pony related, it's one of the slowest forums (and the majority of topics generated there are by moi, in attempt to keep it on life support). Are past gens of ponies of any interest to this g4 fandom? If not, should they be, considering that at the very least, g4 wouldn't exist without past generations? Could more life be brought to the past Generations forum? In what way would you guys suggest that happen? I suggested past gen events to draw more focus on the forum, but I'm always interested in what the creative minds of the fandom can come up with.

Problem is: few of us didn't cared about past gen ponies in their time, and I know it's uncomfortable to attempt to participate in topics you don't know about  :unsure: . At least I think that's the main issue, as most of us weren't into ponies until this gen  :sunny:

• Brohoof 3

Problem is: few of us didn't cared about past gen ponies in their time, and I know it's uncomfortable to attempt to participate in topics you don't know about  :unsure: . At least I think that's the main issue, as most of us weren't into ponies until this gen  :sunny:

Gotta agree with this one. I watched the older generations here and there, but I could tell you far more about the Care Bears from the same era...

I tried to watch the past generations of Mlp but I just couldn't stand them far too much girly stuff even a pony from Gen4 would be uncomfortable if they were there I could only guess what rainbow dash would say if she saw her previous gen self

I tried to watch the past generations of Mlp but I just couldn't stand them far too much girly stuff even a pony from Gen4 would be uncomfortable if they were there I could only guess what rainbow dash would say if she saw her previous gen self

have you never watched g1 and 1.5? Not really girly

If you go to any PonyCon that has respectable attendance, you will find panels and vendors specific to the older generations. Interest exists and that con example is one of the reasons why some agreed to initiate the PG forum, but the trick is finding a way to get those who have interest in discussing prior gen shows here.

You need a small but dedicated group. Word of mouth works pretty well, and is also something within the control of the members here who want to increase content in the PG forum.

• Brohoof 1

I've moved this topic to Site Questions and changed the title for the sake of clarity. PM me if you have any questions or concerns about this.

Carry on!

• Brohoof 2