Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Legend of Zelda fanclub/discussion thread

DANUTERCISD

This is your discussion thread for The Legend of Zelda. Post memes, Talk about the latest games, debate the timeline, and post tips and discoveries. If there is a game point you wanna talk about. make sure you do this:

SPOILER

Theres a women that will yell at you if you step on her flowers in breath of the wild.

Have fun and may the triforce be with you.(inb4 thread gets closed)

Edited by DANUTERCISD
  • Brohoof 1

wish they would decide on Impa's role and deisgn.... half of the games shes an old hag like woman/sage, but then you get the awesome badassery OOT version (and Hyrule Warriors). I love her OOT version.

anyone else reeeeeeeally hating Zelda's voice in the latest game? I'm from the UK and its terrible terrible British accent, at least the others sound passable, but my god I still can't stand Zelda talking. Why didnt they get a UK VA to do the role? lazy ass Nintendo.

Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games of all time. <3 While it took me forever to beat because I was dumb and missed an obvious key in the Water Temple, this game is one of the few that truly gives me a sense of adventure, a sense of wonder. None of the other Zelda games have matched that feeling for some reason though. Going through OOT 3D again and loving it all over again. :)

A Fan club for LoZ fans and players? I'm in. My Favorite LoZ games were Hyrule Warriors (Legends), Link's Awakening (DX), Oracles, MM, Original (or Zelda Classic / ZC), and Link's Adventure (just for lolz).

OoT, I still remember that game, but I haven't played the game in a long time and still have the physical copy for the N64 although I don't remember where it is or what happened to it. water temple, I still remember that place and missed a key and then my brother helped me out where it is. I was unprepared for the final battle for the 1st time and loaded my bottles with fairies for that fight when i ran low or out of MP for arrows of light.

Hyrule Warriors (Legends) is my most played LoZ game. Link, and Young link are my most used warriors in Hyrule Warriors Legends in terms of getting Rank A for the reward in adventure mode since 1200 KOs is needed for Rank A

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Woah this thread is dead...

I just wanted to briefly talk about my feelings regarding Breath of the Wild.

I love Zelda games and all (I have played nearly all of them) and I loved the traditional formula that it stuck to, but I felt the games slowly starting to get stale. Don't get me wrong, games like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are great games, and they are two of my favorite, but I just wanted something fresh that would get me back into a Zelda game. 

Then, Skyward Sword came out. I loved this game. People hated on it for its motion controls, but I loved the changes Nintendo was trying to make. Later, games like A Link Between Worlds (which is a remake of A Link to the Past) released, and I started to love Zelda games the way I used to. 

Then Nintendo blessed us with the masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild. It took lots of risks, many of which working magnificently, and renewed my passion for Zelda games. From the very beginning, the game throws everything at you. Everything from the climbing mechanics, the voice acting, to the weather mechanics makes you feel immersed in the game, something which very few games have done for me recently. Talking with @ShadOBabe has also made me even more into the game! To me, Breath of the Wild is like a combination of Minecraft, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, and a Zelda game, and I love it!

I have already beat the game twice, and with the new DLC that dropped, I think that I will be busy for a long time :) 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nintendo dont need to do DLC ever again for big games like this.... we we rather disappointed with the Champion's Ballad

Spoiler

First off, I utterly HATED the initial trial with the one-hit obliterator. They shouldve saved it for a bit later on to really test you not start off with it. Especially since it had been such a long time since original release, Denz and I had finished the game back then and moved on to Assassins Creed, so getting to grips with BotW's controlls again was a massive frustration.

Next up the Champion back stories.... I LOVE the lore of these games, but I was hoping to play as the Champs in the fights and puzzles that you see them do in the cut scenes. Not more cut scenes with the worst Zelda ever. .............I just wnat more of Urbosa really. ^^;

Finally. The last "divine beast"............the bloody motorbike.

When they said Link gets a Divine Beast, I was hoping for a mechanical horse, be it large like the others or a rideable mount for the game. Not the final dungeon being a motor engine and the Beast being a motorbike. -_- Yes theres a horse on it. The most disappointing factor of the bike is that its the same speed as a horse. We were expecting something quite OP to mess around on, but we actually ditched using it after a few mins and have been enjoying our teleporting horse more instead.

If it wernt for Mario Odyssey, I think id actually be done with Nintenbdo games now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 10:04 PM, SoberStarlight said:

Then Nintendo blessed us with the masterpiece that is Breath of the Wild. It took lots of risks, many of which working magnificently, and renewed my passion for Zelda games. From the very beginning, the game throws everything at you. Everything from the climbing mechanics, the voice acting, to the weather mechanics makes you feel immersed in the game, something which very few games have done for me recently.

I totally agree. Breath of the Wild is superb. Magnificent gameplay, and interesting locations that make me want to keep exploring, just like in the Fallout games.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Ocarina of Time, how many years did Link travel forward when he got the Master Sword? Seven years.

What year did the game, "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" come out? 2006.

What year did the MLP episode, "Magical Mystery Cure," come out (the episode where Twilight becomes an Alicorn Princess)? 2013.

What's 2013 minus 2006? Seven!

Coincidence? I think not. :o :P 

Spoiler

Zelda predicted that Twilight would become a princess, seven years before it happened!

Wow! What a prophecy! :P 

the_legend_of_zelda___twilight__sparkle_

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight 'Sparkle' Princess by Pixelbridge

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

That's dope haha! I'll check that out! But man, that first blood moon... scared the hell out of me! No joke!

Unfortunately, that time has passed a few hours ago. :( 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

Damn it! I was gonna vlog it!

15 hours ago, ChB said:

I saw the slightly big, yellow glow of the moon last night, but didn't realize it was going to be a special moon coming until a few hours AFTER the fact!

Would have played Majora's Mask (my most favorite in the series) to coincide with the moon! Dang it! I'm going to be sad for the rest of the day!

• Brohoof 2

On 1/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

I saw the slightly big, yellow glow of the moon last night, but didn't realize it was going to be a special moon coming until a few hours AFTER the fact!

Would have played Majora's Mask (my most favorite in the series) to coincide with the moon! Dang it! I'm going to be sad for the rest of the day!

Yeah I just flat out slept through the whole darn thing! 

As for me, my favorite is Breath of the Wild, and the blood moon coincides with that even more so!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone that has an Instagram account and loves the Legend of Zelda, I have a fan account where I post facts, art, discussion topics, and much more! Be sure to check it out @loz_central !

Edited by SoberStarlight
  • Brohoof 1

@SoberStarlight

Have you played the DLC's in Breath of the Wild? 

Because I just recently got them, and they are SO FUN! 

Especially the Trials of the Sword. I love the challenge of trying to beat everything from scratch.

What did you think of them?

Yes indeed I have! Both of them! I can't wait for the future packs!

I loved them both. There will always be haters, and as much as I respect their opinion, I disagree with them on pack 2. I liked the risks it took. 

Before I get into potential spoiler content, how far are you into the actual game?

Oh and do you have a discord?

@ChB

• Brohoof 1