Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Legend of Zelda fanclub/discussion thread

DANUTERCISD

6 hours ago, A.V. said:

I thought this was unanimously considered the worst one of all time:

220px-Zeldasadventure_packaging.jpg

Haven't played it so I actually couldn't say. I guess I should have been specific that out of the ones I've played, which is a good majority of them. :P

Did the Philips games even count as official Zelda games?

4 hours ago, Discordian said:

Haven't played it so I actually couldn't say. I guess I should have been specific that out of the ones I've played, which is a good majority of them. :P

Did the Philips games even count as official Zelda games?

Nintendo did make a deal with Phillips, but was broken into the latter making some licensed games. I guess they are :mlp_huh:

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I'm still not certain if Sheik is a boy or a girl.

That has been the center of many a fanfic...

• 1 month later...

just a random reminder that Link exists in Equestria :fluttershy:

On 3/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, A.V. said:

One of the major reasons I love the color green, BTW.

eq011_1.jpg

Me loves green. Green beautiful. Green is best color. Green be my favorite color. Green be my main OC’s mane :fluttershy:

• 9 months later...

Well, according to Behind the Voice actors: Caithlyn Bairstow, voiced Link in Cadance of Hyrule :huh:. If true, not only Link has been a horse, but he has the honor of being voiced by one :yay:

edit: thank god Cadance of Hyrule credited it’s voice cast. Link was indeed voiced by a pastel horse :kirin:

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 1 month later...

Had a rough start at Cadance of Hyrule. Didn’t understand where to go at first, and I got my ass handled to me constantly. But managed to reach my first dungeon and kick Gohmaracas’ ass :kirin:. Been a while since I’ve last played, busy with other stuff, like Three Houses. That game is legit, but CoH is pretty fun too.

I wanna rescue Link, so I can hear him making pastel horse voices :mlp_icwudt:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 4:03 AM, Steve Piranha said:

I’m almost done with Link’s Awakening. Just got to the last dungeon: Turtle Rock. I’m loving that game :yay:

Are you playing the Switch remake?

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

Are you playing the Switch remake?

I’ve played the DX on emulator many years ago, but barely got to the second dungeon before I left it. Dunno why I didn’t continue it. Guess it was a combination of getting stuck, the screen by screen made it easy to get lost, low morale for dying to Moldorn, thus permanently missing the extra seagull Marin scene, and of course the always bothersome pause menu to change items every 5 seconds to change items :yuck:. Guess I wasn’t so patient as I was with the oracle games :dash:
Anyway, I’m done with that game. Began playing on Master Mode without dying, just to say I could do it :orly:

The bottle / pot grotto? it shouldn't be that bad. I got stuck in that dungeon in the 1st place in the original version and it was about getting the key by killing what enemy dies first and last.

Turtle rock shouldn't be that bad as well. The only thing i took advantage of was the bomb arrows which is the bow & arrow + bombs together.

On 9/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, KirbyFluttershy said:

The bottle / pot grotto? it shouldn't be that bad. I got stuck in that dungeon in the 1st place in the original version and it was about getting the key by killing what enemy dies first and last.

Turtle rock shouldn't be that bad as well. The only thing i took advantage of was the bomb arrows which is the bow & arrow + bombs together.

I barely advanced in that dungeon before leaving the game. I think the constant change of items and the now frustrating screen by screen exploration are what got me. I’m not as patient then as I was back when I’ve first played the Oracles, and I got them by the end of the GBA’s cycle the earliest :mlp_yeehaa:. Those life quality improvements of the Switch version of LA really did a severe improvement :mlp_icwudt:

On 9/26/2020 at 9:42 AM, KirbyFluttershy said:

It wasn’t. That dungeon was relatively simple. Anyway, done with LA Switch, and on deathless Master Mode on my first try on top of that :mlp_yeehaa:

21 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Anyway, done with LA Switch, and on deathless Master Mode on my first try on top of that :mlp_yeehaa:

Wait! There's a Master mode in Link's Awakening for the Switch?

I suppose you have to elaborate that master mode challenge for link's awakening remake. For me, I just go for the perfect game which is no deaths at all, but I always bring the secret medicine as a emergency measures.

If it's something that hard of a challenge, well i suppose it's like clear the game with like 3 hearts or so or whatever amount of hearts you can get or limit on and keep the green tunic.

3 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I suppose you have to elaborate that master mode challenge for link's awakening remake. For me, I just go for the perfect game which is no deaths at all, but I always bring the secret medicine as a emergency measures.

A one in a lifetime challenge.... literally..... it was merely completing the game for the first time straight to master mode without dying :eager:. I mean, I barely advanced in Bottle Grotto in LADX and left the game, so I basically started LA from scratch, and completed it in MM, and no deaths. Can’t say it was overwhelming, but it kept me on my toes

Well that's easy to complete the game without dying as long as you know the boss attack pattern and keep the secret medicine on at all times. The other part is that you can't steal a item from the shop as well otherwise that'll cost you your perfect (or rather no death) run. Usually the perfect run has no effect on the original's ending, but in DX and remake, those kind of runs have an effect on the ending.

You should be good on completing that kind of run if you know your boss attack patterns, but also dodging attacks by using roc's feather.

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

@Steve Piranha

Wait a minute! You call it Master Mode, but that's actually called Hero Mode.

show.png.0389d61a2a660f4b1361f28cfb4d3dbd.png

Either way when I play the normal mode I at least got through with no deaths in order to see Marin become as free as a bird

My bad. Still got BOTW in my head :muffins:

Edited by Steve Piranha