Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Legend of Zelda fanclub/discussion thread

DANUTERCISD

Guess this thread is allowed to exist given that it's been almost a year since it was first started. I am surprised that it doesn't have as many posts as it should considering how hugely popular the franchise has gotten over the decades.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, SoberStarlight said:

Yes indeed I have! Both of them! I can't wait for the future packs!

I loved them both. There will always be haters, and as much as I respect their opinion, I disagree with them on pack 2. I liked the risks it took. 

Before I get into potential spoiler content, how far are you into the actual game?

Oh and do you have a discord?

@ChB

I'm still in the middle of Pack 2, and am enjoying it very much. I like the challenge of figuring out where parts of the map are.

Yes, I have a Discord. I'll PM you my username.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

I am surprised that it doesn't have as many posts as it should considering how hugely popular the franchise has gotten over the decades.

Maybe me and @SoberStarlight can fix that!

Though he has a lot more experience than me. I’ve only extensively played two of the games in the franchise.

On 3/10/2017 at 10:03 AM, DANUTERCISD said:

Theres a women that will yell at you if you step on her flowers in breath of the wild.

LOL! She won’t just yell at you...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Though he has a lot more experience than me. I’ve only extensively played two of the games in the franchise.

I know you played BOTW. What's the other game you played?

Just to throw this out there, I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to LOZ so if anyone has any questions or needs help, I'll be glad to do all that I can!

13 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

On 3/10/2017 at 8:03 AM, DANUTERCISD said:

Challenge accepted!

Though you sell yourself short my friend! You know a lot about Breath of the Wild!

Without further ado, what is the best and worst game in the franchise? (Let the debates begin!)

Edited by SoberStarlight
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

worst game in the franchise

I don’t need to play it to know it’s those CD-i things...

500x_ohno.jpg

Just... LOOK AT IT!! :eww:

Nothing the actual Nintendo LoZ games could ever do would be as bad as THAT.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

Without further ado, what is the best and worst game in the franchise? (Let the debates begin!)

Personally, I don't enjoy the 2-D games very much. They don't give me the vibe that the 3-D games give.

• Brohoof 1

@ultrairongorilla @ShadOBabe

Ah Majora's Mask. Really disturbing, but a great game. Especially when you know the story about its production! 

The CD-i games are honestly so bad that it's funny XD

Just now, ChB said:

Personally, I don't enjoy the 2-D games very much. They don't give me the vibe that the 3-D games give.

To an extent, I would agree, but my friend, you have to play A Link to the Past and even the Original Zelda. Some of my favorites!

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, SoberStarlight said:

To an extent, I would agree, but my friend, you have to play A Link to the Past and even the Original Zelda. Some of my favorites!

I'll be sure to give them a try, someday. Or at least watch a playthrough.

• Brohoof 1

I can’t really pick a Best since I only have two games under my belt (though I know both are definite contenders for the title).

So instead I have an alternate topic: What would be a cool premise for a future Zelda game?

I have two.

One is a truly futuristic take on the setting (that I plan on drawing sometime).

The other is a game where you play a young Ganondorf.

the_legend_of_ganon_by_jayecho-d5kbocm.p

young_ganondorf_test_by_rwanlink-d71x84v

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I've played most of them and have watched Let's Plays of others.

• Brohoof 2

@ShadOBabe Did you do all the DLC's in BOTW? If so, what did you think? 

Spoiler

I thought the Trial of the Sword and the Champion Ballad were really fun! Especially the last level of the former and the last trial of the latter.

1 hour ago, ChB said:

@ShadOBabe Did you do all the DLC's in BOTW? If so, what did you think? 

Hide contents

I thought the Trial of the Sword and the Champion Ballad were really fun! Especially the last level of the former and the last trial of the latter.

I haven’t done Trial of the Sword yet, but I LOOOOVED Champions Ballad. Can’t get enough of the Champions, especially Revali.

Spoiler

Still working on getting all the extra character dialogue from re-beating the Dream Blights.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/22/2018 at 10:23 PM, ultrairongorilla said:

Best in the series: I'd go with Majoras Mask.

Worst in the series: I might be cheating here, but I'll go with the CD-i games. 

Majora's Mask is my personal all-time favorite.

As terrible as the CD-i games, at least series Producer, Eiji Aonuma, wasn't as angry with them as others might say. His public comment about them was a chuckle followed by "I don't know that those really fit in the Zelda Franchise." Nice to know he took the existence of those as a slap on the wrist.

• Brohoof 2

On 2/22/2018 at 10:52 PM, ShadOBabe said:

So instead I have an alternate topic: What would be a cool premise for a future Zelda game?

Personally, I want to see a Skyward Sword Remastered in HD for the Switch. A beautiful game, despite the Wii's graphical limitations. 

As for future game ideas, what about a game centered around dungeon/level making? Sort of like Mario Maker, but Zelda themed?

QOTD: Have any of you guys gotten into Zelda speedrunning?

On a side note, to all who are interested, I have a Zelda fan account that I am running on Instagram. @loz_central if you want to check it out!

Edited by SoberStarlight
  • Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

As for future game ideas, what about a game centered around dungeon/level making? Sort of like Mario Maker, but Zelda themed?

LOL!! I can just imagine all the online troll dungeons now...

A room stuffed with 100 redeads.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/27/2018 at 11:19 PM, SoberStarlight said:

QOTD: Have any of you guys gotten into Zelda speedrunning?

I've been following OOT speed runs for years. I remember when the fastest time (any %) was over 5 hours. Now, it's less than 20 minutes! 

I'm also impressed with the BOTW speed runs.

• 2 months later...

just started Breath of the Wild. Playing in Latin American Spanish because most of the voices are Mexican horses, including Zelda (which makes me wonder, why there's still no Zelda/Vapor Trail VA joke at this point tho :huh: )

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yo, Zelda spoke, IN ENGLISH IN SMASH BROS ULTIMATE

Much better than that fake-ass British in BOTW :dash:

Also, Ganondorf’s original OOT voice actor returned I think, but the voice in the following video doesn’t sound like him :mlp_huh:

since Zelda English voice confirmed, it’s likely Mr Demon Bacon has one as well

also, playing Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition. Got pretty out of my way in getting Epona lv4+: Stormy Eyed Epona. Why? ‘Cause Link is pony :mlp_yeehaa:. HELL, I DON’T EVEN HAVE TWILIGHT EPONA :mlp_yeehaa:

1bhYvaO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

damn, the image sucks in the 3DS :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha

I keep holding out on Breath of the wild until I get a Switch but that's a long way out and I have a Wii-U I could just as easily play it on so considering getting that version.

I guess I'll hold myself off by playing Ocarina of Time on 3DS and satisfy the Zelda vibe for now. At least I know I like that one. I tried playing Majora's Mask and didn't enjoy a second of it. I ended up quitting before getting to the second dungeon. Worst Zelda game of all time imo.