Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Sunset Shimmer appear in the movie?

Lonely Fanboy48

Image this: Sunset helping the mane 6 (In the Pony World) to save Equestria. I know she's always in Equestria Girls but her in this movie will be great. Maybe will get to see her meeting Starlight Glimmer for the 1st time or other characters she hasn't meet in Equestria Girls. What do you think? I know shes in EG but she's a Pony Counterpart and I herd rumors that she will return to Equestria. Its almost been 4 years since she's in EG and never been in FIM.

Edited by Lonely Fanboy48

She most likely is not going to appear in the show or the movie. However I would like to see a brief cameo, like Twilight having a picture of her in the castle as a nice little Easter Egg.

• Brohoof 1

If you guys are just disagreeing this just because she's in EG or hate EG then no. I don't think Hasbro is trying to have both Series away I just think they trying to give Sunset more development and trying to find new ideas. Also she's a pony even she's in the Human world a lot. Besides I want her to be in the movie, not as a main character but helping the mane 6 for a little since people call her one of the mane 7 in EG (even if it's a difference).

if she does can we all agree to jump outta the nearest window after beating our skulls in with a flaming baseball bat? 

no one likes you shimmer NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Nightshroud
  • Brohoof 1

As much as I would it if Sunset could appear in the movie, the chances of it actually happening are slim to none. I don't really need to explain the reasons why seeing as it's been debated constantly for the last few years.

• Brohoof 2

If you guys are just disagreeing this just because she's in EG or hate EG then no. I don't think Hasbro is trying to have both Series away I just think they trying to give Sunset more development and trying to find new ideas. Also she's a pony even she's in the Human world a lot. Besides I want her to be in the movie, not as a main character but helping the mane 6 for a little since people call her one of the mane 7 in EG (even if it's a difference).

We'll forget for a second that I don't enjoy EQG.

Sunset being there still makes no sense. The creators would either:

1) Toss her in and then spend time explaining who she is and why/how she's there.

Or...

2) Just toss her in with no explanation, trying to pass her off as a new character.

The first one takes as time from the actual plot and the second one is just insulting and stupid.

I wouldn't hold my breath. As much as I love Sunset Shimmer and still hope for a cameo in the show; the movie needs to have a stronger focus and not be too distracted with cameos from characters that aren't the focus or need some sort of explanation for general non-brony audiences.

I dunno...a battle to save Equestria seems like an opportune time to yank a magic-ready human back to pony form, through a mirror - especially if Ponyville is in immediate trouble with the Mane 6 elsewhere. She can return when it's over.

I actually like Equestria Girls. Or, more specifically, I like Rainbow Rocks and The Friendship Games. The other two are atrocious imo. Sunset Shimmer isn't exactly my cup of tea, however xD

We'll forget for a second that I don't enjoy EQG.

Sunset being there still makes no sense. The creators would either:

1) Toss her in and then spend time explaining who she is and why/how she's there.

Or...

2) Just toss her in with no explanation, trying to pass her off as a new character.

The first one takes as time from the actual plot and the second one is just insulting and stupid.

why can't she just be in the background with no explanation?

if she does can we all agree to jump outta the nearest window after beating our skulls in with a flaming baseball bat? 

no one likes you shimmer NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

708404__safe_solo_equestria+girls_screen

Baseball bat? Yeah...I get that a lot

• Brohoof 2

As much as I would it if Sunset could appear in the movie, the chances of it actually happening are slim to none. I don't really need to explain the reasons why seeing as it's been debated constantly for the last few years.

A reasonable conclusion. They seem to want to actively make the two almost separate ips save a few ideas. Which is totally fine. 

I believe the two worlds should cross only if something big happens

Like we do with the doctors from dr. Who. :) it's a treat and people go nits but we don't want to go to the well too often. 

She wouldn't because she is in the EQG series. It makes less sense than her appearing in the show. Besides, she has no reason to go back.

Maybre her family? Or aren't her parents important