Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cutest cartoon characters?

DEEcat98

Most of the main cast of MLP. If I had to pick the cutest of them all, I'd say Fluttershy.

Peridot and Pearl from Steven Universe. Obviously Steven is adorably designed and thought out as well.

Raven and Starfire from Teen Titans.

Stewie from Family Guy.

The main trio of Aang, Katara, and Sokka in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Waffle from Catscratch.

• Brohoof 1

Wander from Wander Over Yonder is the most precious cupcake in all of existence...

Wander_sad_to_smile_face.gif

be6e6e6a1bf6d7c3141a4ee65d4b0e2f.gif

And Star from Star vs. The Forces of Evil is stupid cute as well!! XD

giphy.gif

220666-star-vs-the-forces-of-evil-water-

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

Whether or not they have the cutest toes, the Tiny Toons are tops for me. You just can't beat those squishy toons! 

But then, this link kinda says it all. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

• Twilight, Fluttershy, Sweetie Belle, and Young Troublehooves (MLP: Friendship is Magic)
  • Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
  • Velma (Mystery Incorporated)
  • Princess Unikitty (Lego Movie)
  • Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
  • Jinx (Teen Titans)
  • Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
Edited by Scrub Monkey 3rd Class
  • Brohoof 1

I think a better way to ask this question is "What are some cute cartoon characters in your opinion" instead of "Cutest cartoon characters?" as there is no real fact on who is the cutest and who isn't. It's more of an opinion based thing.

Anyways, for non MLP characters I would say:

Pikachu from Pokemon. And several other pokemon as well. Though Pikachu in the anime is very much of nothing when it comes to character development. I remember in the Sinnoh episodes all he ever did was just end Ash's sentences with "Pika pika" and did thunderbolt, and got kidnapped. That was pretty much it. Oh yeah and one episode where he battled a Raichu and won and stuff. I still like him though. I remember asking my dad if he could get Hey You Pikachu! for the N64. He somehow did in the year of like 2009 along with the microphone thing. The game isn't that good but I like to listen to the soundtrack from time to time. I even made a mashup of the night version of Cobalt Coast and the song "Fuck Tha Police" by N.W.A

Kimba from the "Kimba The White Lion" series (Also known as Jungle Emperor Leo). I wouldn't be surprised if people don't know what this series is, but the series is mostly known for being in a never-ending debate of whether Disney's Lion King plagiarized it or not. It was the first anime in color. It also had a manga and a movie. It was about a white lion named kimba who's father was shot by hunters, and they took the mother while she was still pregnant, and they were being shipped to a zoo in Europe or something I don't remember. I'm not gonna explain the whole first episode so here's the link: http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Kimba-the-White-Lion/Episode-001?id=78465

They also made another anime about Kimba in 1989 that is the same story as the 1965 version but very altered, and a lot, and I mean A LOT darker. It's a lot better than the 65 version, but it's hard to find on the internet. Also they had a dub but it sucked because they skipped episodes 2 & 3 and didn't even finish the series they only made it to episode 15. The sub version is better but it's hard to find on the internet, and the characters have different names.

Kimba is the only non MLP cartoon character that I felt emotionally attached to. Not as a love thing, but he felt like a friend that I worried about or thought about you know? I wish Kimba got more recognizability aside from being in the lion king debate. Because imo, this series is a lot better than The Lion King. I just want to give Kimba a hug because he goes through a lot. Too bad he has a deep hatred for humans in the 89 version. Also his girlfriend in the series (Kitty) is also very cute, but from what I remember she's useless I think. I'm not too sure.

Mr. Game and Watch from several games on the Game & Watch we never managed to unlock all of the characters from Smash Bros Melee. (We only needed Pichu, Mewtwo and G&W) that was when we found out what youtube was in late 2008 and we watched a shit load of pokemon & smash bros videos. I saw G&W and I was very interested in what the hell he was. Of course we unlocked him later that year/2009 and then we got brawl and G&W was my main pick. I kicked ass with him. Too bad he's actually bad in the tier list lol. I think he's a cute little man that I would give a piggyback ride to. Then I'd jump off a cliff and he'll parachute me to the bottom.

There's also that scene in the subspace emissary where he held Peach's Umbrella

The Powerpuff Girls. The original show is one of the greatest cartoons. Like Max G said, it was a perfect blend of action and comedy. I loved the characters a lot in this series as well, yet wasn't so emotionally attached to them as much as I was to Kimba. Still though, I wish I grew up with this cartoon, but I guess I started watching too late (Not to mention, CN only aired like a single episode in 2008 when I started watching TV) . But this show feels like the ultimate subject to bring up regarding cartoons to a bunch of people since we seem to be entering an era where adults/older people are starting to regain their love for the 90s. I like the PPGs simple design. And I also love the father and daughter relationship between them and professor Utonium. They also are much more of characters than just being cute. They have faults and strengths and are people you can really look up to and not view them like a pet or something. I wish I could find some sound files of the sound effects that they used in that show, but I currently haven't found any.

Cartoon not anime right? good. Otherwise, it will be a long list. 

Starfire and the happy version of raven from teen titan.

Gir from Invader zim.

Pinkie Pie

and I think that's it.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Omg there are gonna be so many characters I'm gonna name here.

cadpig(101 dalmatians)

ducky (land before time)

lana/Lola (the Loud House)

dot(animaniacs)

angel(lady and the tramp 2)

babs bunny (tiny toon adventures)

buttercream (littlest pet shop)

pepperclark (littlest pet shop)

tuck (my life as a teenage robot)

nermal(Garfield and friends)

Bubbles(power puff girls)

skippy(animaniacs)

Edited by Scootaloo Is Best Filly

(edited)
Spoiler

tumblr_mu4itcgxbW1sk7p1qo1_400.gif

grimlock_is_rubbing_his_head_by_bigeurae

a4e9a1385ad9a6aaef08dd2ae5ad502a.jpg

tumblr_misznpYG4a1rjk7mdo1_400.gif

tumblr_obw3rhTR1c1qcrr5qo1_540.gif

tumblr_n0xq0hqP011qcrr5qo1_r1_400.gif

Besides ponies? I pick Grimlock in most of his incarnations, but especially G1

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

(edited)

I'm gonna place my own selections into two different categories, one for MLP characters and the other for characters from other shows/movies.

From within MLP FIM:

1. Derpy Hooves
  2. Coco Pommel
  3. Lyra
  4. fledgling Gilda
  5. Rarity
  6. Pinkie Pie
  7. Scootaloo
  8. Apple Bloom
  9. Trixie
  10. Soarin'

Runner-Ups: Sugar Belle, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy

From elsewhere:

1. Remy (Ratatouille)
  2. Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
  3. Frankie Foster (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
  4. Amethyst (Steven Universe)
  5. Jiji (Kiki's Delivery Service)
  6. Bunnie Rabbot (Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM)
  7. Princess Anna (Frozen)
  8. Flippy (Happy Tree Friends)
  9. Finnick (Zootopia)
  10. Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph)

Runner-Ups: Dug (Up), Thumper (Bambi), Meeko (Pocahontas), Disgust (Inside Out)

Edited by CinemaBrony

I'm going to go relatively obscure (but not a lot, really) to start this: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but not the one you're thinking of. Specifically, a 2D-animated version of him done by Rankin-Bass that showed up in Rudolph's Shiny New Year (starts at 1:21 in this video).

Also Arrow and Rudolph from the 1998 Rudolph film.

Imageduo.jpg

There's also Rebound from Pound Puppies, she's got a lot of energy and just doesn't stop.

Pound-puppies-rebound-570x420.jpg

Roxanne from A Goofy Movie.

2fb1cfe6fe87c43719d75f926798dd1f.png

Sawyer from Cats Don't Dance.

Sawyer.jpg

Kitty Katswell from TUFF Puppy. (lol @ both having that same smug cat face)

5657972f5c7dacb66dea2677455fc237.jpg

Shady Daze is my favorite from this show. I know, so obscure.

shady_daze_by_softcoremirth-d4g01c4.png

There are a number of others I'd also list, but many of them are from other media, and there are others that I like better in fanart than in canon, so I'd save them for another list.

• Brohoof 1

There are so many adorable characters from so many cartoons though... I'll just list some off, and put an ellipsis at the end because there's too much for me to pick from... :3

Gir (Invader Zim), Fluttershy (MLP:FiM), Star(SvFE), Pikachu(Pokémon), Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls), BMO (Adventure Time)... I just can't list it all here.

For me, cuteness is more about personality and action that appearance (though appearance and voice have something to do with it). I don't want to needlessly repeat any of the selections others had up there (Judy Hopps and Roxanne and adorable as hell) so I will try and offer a few here that represent my view on cuteness. Some may surprise a few of you. 

Spoiler

sadness-inside-out.jpg

Spoiler

gallery_walle_thumbnail_29cb9ba3.jpeg?re

Spoiler

Rapunzel-Tangled-Disney-d.jpg

Spoiler

buttload-of-screencaps-gadget-hackwrench

Spoiler

e632c55b0dda7c95f3c75324a97a38ac.jpg

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

Spoiler

e5c79cf9a72a168c1dc6f9f0420babcb.gif

Spoiler

curious-george-free.gif

Spoiler

a-cute-cartoons-6.jpg?quality=100&strip=

• Brohoof 3

These are a mix of characters I really liked, found adorable or found attractive when I did not know any better. In no particular order, just listed as I remembered them.

TV/Cartoons

Twilight & Fluttershy

Pinky from Pinky and the Brain

Buster & Babs Bunny from Tiny Toons

Eevee & Mew from Pokemon

Tails and Sally Acorn from Sonic the Hedgehog

Chip, Dale, Gadget Hackwrench & Foxglove from Rescue Rangers

Bonkers T. Bobcat from Bonkers

Brooklyn (and some guest stars) from Gargoyles

Wildwing & Mallory from the Mighty Ducks

The Powerpuff Girls

Animated Film

Bambi from Duh

Dumbo from Double Duh

Tinkerbell from Peter Pan

Baby Simba - Lion King

Dug from Up

Crysta from Fern Gully

Balto from Balto

Wall-E from Wall-E

Baby Pegasus and Meg from Hercules

The Mice from Cinderella

Judy from Zootopia

Probably forgetting several. Also my opinions on cute have changed a lot over time.

• Brohoof 1