Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming On Destiny 2 Not Allowing Transfer Of Character Progression

OmegaBeamOfficial

I'm quite a new player to the world of Destiny, in fact I've not even been part of the game for a month yet, and I already have an addiction you could call it. I max levelled my character, I'll keep grinding the POE for strange coins any day and I'm steadily beating every story mission in the game, so needless to say, I like to imagine I have a real connection to the character I created in the game, despite not being on the scene for a long time. Now, with that said, in case you haven't heard already, Bungie gave their first piece of news on what's going on with Destiny 2 coming out later this year and announced that you can carry your character's design over but not the progression you've made with it (Light, gear, consumables etc.). Now personally, I'm completely fine with this. Why? Well, I think the fact we can carry our designs over in the first place is pretty cool, though It's minor and even if we didn't we could always just recreate it with little effort. Moving onto the loss of progression, apparently a lot of people are angry about it not carrying over, and I really don't understand why. Listen, if you came into Destiny 2 with everything you own from the first game it would be ridiculously unbalanced, way too easy to do anything, there's zero challenge in that and it doesn't give first timers even chance in the crucible compared to other characters, it wouldn't work. Plus, part of the fun of Destiny is to start at the bottom and slowly build up your character to make it stronger and more efficient, and it feels really satisfying, wouldn't anyone love to do that again in a brand new sequel set in an entirely new story? I understand people spent a lot of time getting that progression and gear and they may be mad, but guess what? If you buy Destiny 2, that doesn't mean you can't keep playing Destiny one and keep using all the cool stuff you got for your character there, at least for a few years, in fact you might not even have to make the jump at all if you don't feel It's necessary, though there is the problem of wanting new experiences and how Destiny one will undeniably lose support in It's next few years and there will be no new content in development for it, while everything is in Destiny 2. So It's not like everything you worked and earned for is just gonna disappear like magic, I really don't see where the hatred is coming from here. What are your opinions on the matter? Leave your answer below.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

It is just one of the ways Activision is fine-tuning the system to make people keeping playing it for thousands of hours. The original game was designed with a type of gameplay system that focuses on making people addicted. Not to mention Destiny 2 will probably launch in a shallow, incomplete state like the first one. Personally, I think not being able to transfer characters will be the least of the game's inevitable issues.

• Brohoof 1

It is just one of the ways Activision is fine-tuning the system to make people keeping playing it for thousands of hours. The original game was designed with a type of gameplay system that focuses on making people addicted. Not to mention Destiny 2 will probably launch in a shallow, incomplete state like the first one. Personally, I think not being able to transfer characters will be the least of the game's inevitable issues.

Tell me about it. Somebody needs to get their shit together at Activision and stop releasing it like that. The idea of actually having DLC expansions is neat, but don't just cut stuff out of the main game to make it as shallow as possible and then sell everything else to us in pieces, that's not how you DLC good Activision. Activision, get your shit together. Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together. Get your shit together.

• Brohoof 1