Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation What are things you do not like in a anime? or what's annoys you?

TBD

Just out of curiosity since I assume many of you are anime fans, what are thing you do not like in a anime or what's annoys you?

for me would be

• annoying useless main female characters
  • Overrated main character
  • One sided battle in a first 10 episodes. (okay we get the idea that the main character is op now bring in the main point story arc already)
  • A battle when the main character is beaten badly, but then all sudden have massive power and beat their opponent like nobody's business. ( I like fight scene when its all out war between the two)
  • Exaggerated   psychotic characters: Okay I'm fine with one or two psychotic characters but if there are four or five??. And if they are exaggerated like rubbing their face as if they have a rush or being like pathetic insect can be a huge annoyances to me.

And most of all...an ending where all main characters get together and start a family.

• Brohoof 5

- Annoying long talk during battle

- When the characters laugh with their eyes closed(this extremely pisses me off)

- Oblivious main characters

- When a character is one dimensional.(usually the kinder species, which also extremely ticks me off)

- Annoying Mary Sues. 

• Brohoof 3

- "macho" male protagonists (subverted in Jojo, they're actually likeable and more than that trope)

- overly sexual fanservice

- glasses wearing side male character, usually used as the butt of some kind of joke. im not offended by it i just hate useless nerds

- needy female characters that drool over the protagonist

- forced romance

- those fucking scenes where the guy somehow accidentally ends up seeing his love interest in a "lewd" position and she beats the shit out of him for some reason? why are these scenes in every anime i hate them and they're gross

- When the characters laugh with their eyes closed(this extremely pisses me off)

DO YOU LAUGH WITH YOUR EYES OPEN OR SOMETHING YOU PSYCHOPATH Edited by des
  • Brohoof 3

A few things at least:

Perfect/Overpowered characters: Characters that are basically badasses or perfect with no explanation. This to me is what ruins Death Note outright, as the two main characters are simply perfect for no reason whatsoever. Even my favorite Anime, Attack on Titan suffers from this issue as Mikasa is a super badass fight because....reasons.

Forced Exposition: Pretty simple. Most anime have very forced exposition to fill us in on details. The characters will often say things to each other that they obviously already know, but they have to let us, the viewers, know and it often comes across as forced as hell.

The 'Yeah, we can do it!' character: Basically the character that is so overly optimistic that it makes them seem like a tool rather than someone even remotely relatable. Instead of actually acknowledging opposition, they instead give one motivational speech and all is good. Bleh.

• Brohoof 5

Well, I only expose myself to quality Japanese cartoons, so I don't usually have many complaints. My one annoyance is the amount of fanservice in Space Battleship Yamato 2199. I mean I'll take ass wherever I can get it but let's be real, I'm just here for the World War fucking Two battleship flying around and blowing shit up in space. Why anyone would need more out of a show than that is beyond me.

Edited by w i l d s t a r
  • Brohoof 1

I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. If it's pulled off correctly in such a manner where it gives a bit of a lead, but no definitive direction, and there soon will be a next season starting right off from that point, then alright, that's okay. 

But if there's a cliffhanger at the end of an anime that will not be having a second/next season for a long time (if at all), it really gets me peeved.

I'm looking at you, Rokka no Yuusha! It fucking literally ended on a cliffhanger. I mean, they were actually looking off a cliff, no joke, at the end of the final episode.

• Brohoof 2

I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. If it's pulled off correctly in such a manner where it gives a bit of a lead, but no definitive direction, and there soon will be a next season starting right off from that point, then alright, that's okay. 

But if there's a cliffhanger at the end of an anime that will not be having a second/next season for a long time (if at all), it really gets me peeved.

I'm looking at you, Rokka no Yuusha! It fucking literally ended on a cliffhanger. I mean, they were actually looking off a cliff, no joke, at the end of the final episode.

In general i really like cliffhangers. Always keeps me hyped for the next episode. I remember the show Trueblood used cliffhangers a ton. 

Fanservice, and overall crappy treatment of female characters. I really had it when I watched Seven Deadly Sins. Not only is that series just a bunch of overdone Shonen cliches thrown into one big old bland pile, it also features the main male character frequently randomly groping the main female character. I don't find it in the least bit amusing. Of course, that's not really 'fanservice', I suppose, but it does fit into the second category.

The fanservice that some anime incorporates does get really out of hand for me much of the time because of obvious reasons, but then it also serves as weakening the potential of many characters. Rather than have them be eye candy, why not make them significant and capable of holding their own in a situation.

• Brohoof 1

SHOUTING MOVE NAMES it gives away the element of surpise

overpowered protagnist not fun to watch  looking at you one punch man dbz(sometimes) Jojo

retconed ending why like the ending of arc v why in the name of the brothers grimm do you need to rewrite the story so late in to it?

• Brohoof 2

padding.

It drives me crazy when the stretch the story out to the point that they are just wasting your time. 

and a similar thing: regression.
when they fight to keep the anime in the same place, and won't let them advance is one thing. but when they let it advance, and then go backwards, it just drives me crazy.  

• Brohoof 2

padding.

It drives me crazy when the stretch the story out to the point that they are just wasting your time. 

and a similar thing: regression.

when they fight to keep the anime in the same place, and won't let them advance is one thing. but when they let it advance, and then go backwards, it just drives me crazy.  

I know right man why pad it out longer then what it needs to be yugioh cardfight buddyfight take notes

• Brohoof 1

One of my peeves is when they have an episode (or four, Wolf's Rain... :okiedokieloki: )that is a recap in it's entirety. I've been watching the show, dammit, why do I need to be reminded of what I've already watched? If someone wants to drop in halfway through, it's their own darn fault they don't understand anything. It might have been okay in the days when catching shows as they air was the only way to see them, but these days there's no excuse.

• Brohoof 3

To extreme over reactions with to weird faces, that kinda break character for me, cheap produced animation in which often times just the mouth moves, Animation, that goes way to fast, like, it isnt fluid at all and also the overuse of Boobs and Butts.

• Brohoof 2

I like a lot of anime tropes in general. Overreactions and fan service make me laugh.

What I hate is fights that take forever and are full of talking. And anime that have only thirteen episodes and leave you hanging on a great story.

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

To extreme over reactions with to weird faces, that kinda break character for me, cheap produced animation in which often times just the mouth moves, Animation, that goes way to fast, like, it isnt fluid at all and also the overuse of Boobs and Butts.

Worst of all, they only open and closes their mouths :dash:.

Well, I ain't big on anime since I've stopped watching them years ago, but if there was something that always pissed be off apart of the obvious just move your mouth, are the background fillers. They either stand motionless, or repeat their animations in a loop :dry: 

• Brohoof 3

Completely unlikable side-characters that serve no purpose to the plot other than to simply exist.

Prime example is Masao Murasako from the horror anime Shiki.

He had a screechy voice, a whiny personality, and didn't even need to exist in the first place.

• Brohoof 4

I consider anything outside of 2005 bad anime. I used to like it but i gave up ever since 2010 because its more of a fetish than having a plot or a story so anything usually outside 2005 but there can be exceptions but generally i don't watch anime.