Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you wish for the whole MLP franchise?

ManaMinori

What if you had a chance to get 5 wishes fulfilled regarding anything from the start of the My Little Pony franchise to it's present? What would you wish for?

My wishes (in no particular order) would be:

1: for g2 Friendship Gardens and g1 Takara Japanese ponies to have gotten TV shows/anime.

2: For g3 Toola Roola, Star Catcher, Kimono, Puzzlement, Whimsy Weatherbe, Fiesta Flair, and G1 Flutter ponies to be put with lines in g4.

3: for Bonnie Zacherle to have written some episodes when Faust was still around (g2 Creator and g4 Creator collaborating would've been pretty cool, seeing how LF owes her childhood to BZ)

4: for Starlight Gutter and Sunbutt to be terminated or written out of g4

5: for g4 toyline exclusive pony Star Dreams to have screentime in separate CMC branch.

What are everyone else's wishes for the MLP franchise as a whole?

I dont know what i want the show to give me because i think they will eventually figure out many ways to impress me that i cant even think off. That said, my wishes are really simple:

1. I want More Great episodes.

2. I want more status quo breakers.

3. I want the writers are willing to take risks and be smart while doing so.

4. I want darker and edgier.

5. I just want more episodes in general.

If they can fullfill any of this list, it will make my day.

• Brohoof 1

A Celestia episode would be nice. Heck, any kind of development for her character would be nice. I would love for Starlight to have proper episodes with other mane six ponies, and not just the group as a whole. If she is to work as a new member of the group, a Starlight/Fluttershy episode for example, shouldn't be off the table. She can still have episodes with Twilight, Spike and Trixie, but she ought to interact with her other friends more. I still wish we could get an official MLP video game that isn't an app game.

I would love for G.M. Berrow to write a pony novel that's of a decent length. It doesn't have to be super thick, but I think 300+ pages would be nice. I think she's a great writer but sometimes it feels like her stories wrap up too quickly because there just isn't adequate space for a proper denouement. Also, some books like Lyra and Bonbon's would have been that much more awesome had they been longer and allowed for more adventure before having to end the story.

I would mention something about the comics, but they're fulfilling my number one wish after Friends Forever ends. I guess my new wish would be for Friends Forever to return once Legends of Magic, or whatever it's called, has been completed.

What if you had a chance to get 5 wishes fulfilled regarding anything from the start of the My Little Pony franchise to it's present? What would you wish for?

My wishes (in no particular order) would be:

1: for g2 Friendship Gardens and g1 Takara Japanese ponies to have gotten TV shows/anime.

2: For g3 Toola Roola, Star Catcher, Kimono, Puzzlement, Whimsy Weatherbe, Fiesta Flair, and G1 Flutter ponies to be put with lines in g4.

3: for Bonnie Zacherle to have written some episodes when Faust was still around (g2 Creator and g4 Creator collaborating would've been pretty cool, seeing how LF owes her childhood to BZ)

4: for Starlight Gutter and Sunbutt to be terminated or written out of g4

5: for g4 toyline exclusive pony Star Dreams to have screentime in separate CMC branch.

What are everyone else's wishes for the MLP franchise as a whole?

1. For your 4th wish to never come true...(dont need to do much wishing)

2. For return villains from previous generations

3. To create a separate platform for MLP, after season 8... (indefinitely) 

4. For Zecora to have her own episode(not by herself, but a centered episode)

5. Idk if any of you guys watched PPG... but I would like a season finale to be made up of villains joining forces and overcoming the Mane Six, but just like the "Beatles" of PPG, have an internal conflict that makes them fall apart, proving that their friendship is not as important to them as individual power.. Idk, I can see that same plot making for an awesome season ender, and give us a chance to see villain interaction...

No more episodes like Slice of Life. But that's pretty much it. 

I actually loved that episode. It was a ridiculous episode with tons of little shout outs which was hilarious, but also it gave some screentime to the background characters and showed a bit of life in ponyville from points of view other than the mane characters'.

Anyway before I get sidetracked, 5 wishes. That's a lot but I'll give it a go.

1. Lyra. More Lyra. I'd wish for an episode or 2 or 10 featuring Lyra as one of the mane characters. They missed their chance in Amending Fences, and Bonbon kinda overshadowed her in Slice of Life with the whole Special Agent Sweetie Drops thing.

2. More background character development. Those ponies have been there just doing their own things in the background for 6 seasons, I'd love to see them do a bit more in the foreground. I'd especially love a few episodes that focus on 2 or 3 of them and don't include any of the mane 6 at all. Show off how they can shine, not just how they can support.

3. Cease and desist with Hasbro's cease and desists. Let the fans make their art/videos/games/whatever in peace. We just want to enjoy ponies, not steal all of their income and watch them burn. Let us create and enjoy together.

4. I suppose I'd wish for shorter hiatuses between seasons. These breaks between pony are killer. I want more pony!  :yay:

5. I'd love to see more Luna and Celestia episodes, especially if we got more backstory from the past. I don't know how this could be pulled off, but even just more character development for those 2 without showing past events would be awesome.

1) Celestia Episode

2) Lightning Dust return

3) Transformers crossover

4) A decent video game

5) Sunset Shimmer to show up at least once

I actually struggled to think of a few of these

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

1. No more instant-win blasts of friendship. They're getting old real fast. Instead, let's have ponies combine and transform into Megazords for actual big fights.

2. No more rehashing episodes. If you're out of ideas, go watch more TV shows.

3. Over-the-top video games with Bayonetta's kind of action and scale, minus the gore, sex, and swearing to maintain an E rating.

4. Stop making characters so blipping useless!

5. Make several background pony episodes, and concentrate on one or two BG ponies at a time.

• Brohoof 1

to see spikes origin how he ended up in equestria as an egg and what his family's like, for sombra to return as a real villain who has an actual climactic battle with the mane six, to see what Mlp would look like as an anime, an Mlp history episode to describe the events in equestrias timeline from the fall of the crystal empire to nightmare moons creation and banishment, more human and pony crossovers

1: See the Parents of Celestia and Luna

2: Nightmare Star introduced

3: Mane 6 weened off from the show entirely and Trixie, Starlight, Discord, Sunburst, Big mac and Thorax get more focus along with others

4: Chrysalis having a good and senseful reformation

5: New villains

I would just wish for more adventure and discovery of the world around them. I love slice of life episodes as well, but for me nothing beats really food fantasy world building and the exploration of the locations and history of those worlds.

maybe like something now don't kill me over this but maybe some really scary horror themed episodes to air Halloween night.

for older viewers ya know us older viewers may want a scary Halloween episode that'll make us crap our pants and scream like pansies.

a couple video games

the movie's success

I think more adventure stories the shows been lacking in that area lately.

a few more musicial episodes that are good

1. I really do want to see Celestia have her own episode that goes into details about her past and maybe showcase some aspects of Equestria's past as well.

​2. More generation one villains being updated and appearing in generation four.

​3. Sunset making an appearance in Equestria so that she can finally reconcile with Celestia. I and many fans have been wanting this to happen for the last few years now.

​4. Sunset and Starlight meeting each other and becoming friends.

​5. Maybe more lore about Star Swirl the Bearded.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Confirmed LGBT characters

2. Sunset visiting Princess Twilight

3. Leaving Equestria more often

4. A darker tone (just a little)

5. More continuity

A darker tone. Teach viewers that sometimes the bad guys win..but that's not the end of the world. 

Death. Old age. Poverty. 

Things that will be less jarring if you knew about them ahead of time. A serious look at the ups and downs of equestria and it's government. 

Equestria girls canonization. 

• Brohoof 1

A darker tone. Teach viewers that sometimes the bad guys win..but that's not the end of the world. 

Death. Old age. Poverty. 

Things that will be less jarring if you knew about them ahead of time. A serious look at the ups and downs of equestria and it's government. 

Equestria girls canonization. 

All of this... just all of this. Couldn't agree more.

If I were to put some wishes of my own on the table, they'd look like thIs:

1. More prominent male characters. Even with the research pointing out that there are a LOT of male characters within Equestria, seeing more of them on screen and playing a more active role will make me very happy.

2. If Gen 5 is made, I wouldn't like to see a whole revamp of the show, but more a futuristic continuation of the universe Get 4 set up. A group of younger characters in Gen 4 (say the CMC and some others, maybe some new ones), now older, embarking on their own grand adventures while prominent characters from Gen 4 still make occasional appearances per a stories' need. It would be a shame for the universe of Gen 4, that's become some massive to be cast aside like that and seeing Gen 5 build new ties to it would be grand.

3. More adventure episodes, especially in new locations. I say this primarily because I'm sick of seeing Canterlot, The Crystal Empire et. al being showcased, and would like to see more of Equestria on display. While it was nice to see Las Pegasus in Season 6, we didn't get a major showcase of it, which was disappointing.

I think that's it for now.

• Brohoof 1