Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc "Life on the Road" OOC (Private)

Raven Rawne

IC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/163789-life-on-the-road-1x1-between-moon-dancer-and-raven-rawne/

Hello and welcome to my vaguest RP idea yet!

I am looking for a willing participant to co-plan and run a 1x1 RP, starring my newest toon, Natural Order. She's very recent, so I'm still adding bits and pieces to her bio, but she's ready to roll on a basic level.

Now, I don't have a specific setting or plot in mind, much depends on Your OC who will interact with her. But she's best suited to adventure or other action-y settings, mostly out of towns. A meeting on the road is one way to start the RP. Or she can be hired in a tavern to help with something. Monster slaying optional, but I wouldn't mind a darker theme for once. Equestria is big enough to stumble on something nasty. All in all, I think it would be best to place the RP in canon Equestria, just to avoid confusion while spinning up an alternate universe. I am okay with either anthro or feral (canon pony), although in the former case it would be a bit weird for her to pull the cart... I'm ambivalent to romance - if you want to go that way, and make your character appealing to her, no problem. I guess that's one way to secure a lasting RP.

So, yeah, I'm open to ideas folks! Forum rules apply OFC and I can't promise I'll roll with anything you come up with, but I'd like to try something new.

Edited by Raven Rawne

I wouldn't mind doing this. You have a very interesting OC. He is a sort of adventurer as well. I don't mind monster slaying but I would prefer that for later on after he learns to trust Natural Order. Unlike our current 1x1 RP he has no desire to meet with anypony important, he is a sort of loner but wouldn't mind the company. I prefer Feral and Romance could be an option for him later on.

I don't have an RP slot or whatever its called for him yet, but I'll try to make one soon. He wears black Crystal armour and has a sort of spear which can retract into its point and take a resting place where a piece of armour is missing. 

(edited)

Hmmm... I'm half tempted to just give it a go but, it would be prudent to get to know your OC - you can just paste the description here - and perhaps more importantly, Aquarius and the Mare I already met in other Rp's aren't exactly chatty. You think that new toon would be more of a talker? Since they would talk a lot, wandering Celestia knows where, just the two of them...

I'll be honest with you - I'm a bit afraid it would turn like Snowed In - me setting up the stage and you making short leaps with your posts. I don't mind keeping the initiative but I need to know you're not just in for a ride, but rather co-create the experince. And since I'm looking for something slightly darker than the usual fair, I need to know you're fine with it. Sometimes the ponies will struggle to overcome their obstacles.

Oh and, if anyone else is interested, shoot! Either I make more than one RP, or perhaps cook up a group one? Who knows!

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 1

@@Moon Dancer.,

I see his bio is still rather basic, but that's what test runs are for. To expand as the questions in IC show up. Hay, Crystal now has a whole life story! One reason why I'm pulling her out of any new RP ideas, I grew too attatched to her...

Since he's from Western Equestrian mining town, and she's from Tall Tale, and comes there every Winter, shey can hook up in Spring somewhere in that area. Natural would probably go in vague direction of Ponyville or Appleloosa, since Las Pegasus is the very thing she hats in big cities. OFC there would me smaller settlements around too. They can meet in a tavern somewhere along the road, for example. Or bump on each other on the road and need to overcome some issue to proceed. Something too great for just one of them separately.

• Brohoof 1

@@Moon Dancer.,

Quick idea: Natural is just back on the Road after the annual Winter stay at her parents house in Tall Tale. She's currently staying for a night in one of the roadside taverns, one of many South of the town, since there are a lot of travellers and caravans with goods from mines and settlements in the forests and Smoky Mountains. It's named "Felled Oak", after an incident when a nearby impressive oak broke it's massive branch and wrecked the roof a few years back. She knoes the innkeeper, been visiting for years now. He asked her to look at some trouble on one of the tracts, ponies said it's impossible to traverse for some reason an, of course, it hurts his business. There's some coin for motivation. The nature of theis problem is still up for debate. Your OC can over hear them and offer his assistance, and let's assume she's having one of her total trust days. Since she loves creature comforts, the RP would start in the morning after she had a good night's rest in the tavern. Should improve her mood greatly.

• Brohoof 1

respected and revered

Haha, that was funny. Sounded like taken out of a RPG video game. The innkeep could make a plaque in his honor or something...

Jokes aside, Natural knows that heroes get fancy graves, and only when they find enough pieces for burial. So she wouldn't mind armoured aid, even if that splits the modest reward. So She comes down from her room, pays up and the innkeep asks her for a favour. Your OC is in the common room and overhears it? I guess that could work, unless you have some other idea.

• Brohoof 1

...I might be interested. XD

I wouldn't wish to impose, but seeing as I saw a post about a potential group RP, I feel as if Prentice would be a great addition. Sadly, she doesn't have a character profile, honestly, I stopped making those a while back, but I'd be happy to give you a short run-down on her character. 

Nothing specific, just looking to throw an OC into a story. For development, to get a better feel for her character, it depends on what direction it'll take. She's a fairly new character, so forgive me if her backstory and personality are a bit inconsistent. 

Prentice is a unicorn, mare, early 20's, who wears garbs and cloaks that almost entirely hide her body, as well as a staff on her back, and a ridiculously large wizard's hat covering her facial features. She has a recurring cough.

Her personality is quiet, introverted, even judgmental. Always preferring to keep to herself, although she likes to observe and note those around her, she can come off as even cold, or malicious. Although that's hardly the case.

Her origin of birth was in Equestria, perhaps even Canterlot, and began to travel. She's on a clear quest for something, be it knowledge, wisdom, or anything in between...Although if you don't like my being vague, I'd be wiling to tell you what her deal is in PM.

I might be able to insulate plot if that's what you might like--I can see Prentice having written rumors of sorcerer's scrolls scattered across the land, or something similar. Perhaps even my dragon character, Perenth, might take an interest, but I'd be happy to follow with whatever plot you might have. XD

Edited by P-Jay

@@P-Jay,

So a ranger, a heavy and a wizard? Heh, is she's a sociopathic maniac like Roger from Looking for Group, sure!

Nah, just kidding, but the concept is there. I'm going back home from work now, so you guys think for a moment how to add Prentice to the band, 'kay? Just keep in mind Natural's wagon is not meant for more than one. I mean they can all sit there, but no room for 3 sleeping ponies, sorry. Think of how they were doing on their own as far as sleeping outdoors and lugging supplies is concerned. Just toss ideas into the mix and we'll work something out.

Also, Moon mentioned some romance later on, not sure if you're okay with that.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I'm not sure Prentice is gonna wanna travel with y'all--the angle I was aiming for was more like she just so happens to bump into the group a few times over, always seeming to appear where their destinations are. And I'm okay with it. And have a good drive 'der. XD

Man I am hyped to start RP'ing on the forums again...

• Brohoof 1

@@P-Jay, @@Moon Dancer.

Okay do she can be a recurring character, no problem.  Just give us a heads up when you'll decide to jump in again so we can arrange her reappearance. She can either try to cross from the other side and lead to the next adventure or be enabled route through the Moonlight path and they meet on the way. Your call. 

• Brohoof 2

Meeting along the way is optimal, seeing as it establishes her character sooner rather than later. It'd be best if there was a river, along the path, she'll be chilling out at the riverside. Maybe the group would stop to refresh themselves, or perhaps even engage out of dull curiosity? 

• Brohoof 1