Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Usage question.

Malcontent

I am the writer for a fan project and I've commissioned quite a few comic pages for its prologue. I'm wondering if I can both post the pages since I did order them but didn't draw them..and if I should post them in line or link to them off site? 

I'm new don't hit me x.x 

Actually it depends on the terms of use of the works made by the commissioned artists. If they allow you to do so, then you're free to go to post them here, in  YPvl2nt.pngWritten Fan Works , to be more specific.  :)

However, I believe crediting original artists will be required, but it also depends on the terms of use (if they require crediting or not). Though even if they don't require doing this, it's still nice to appreciate their work by mentioning their names.

So basically you'll have to ask the people you have commissioned if you're allowed to post these works.

Hmmm... Nah, you're fine.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I agree with @@Rikifive on this. Normally comics would be in the Visual Fan Art section, but we do have the rule that in the various Octavia Halls that you only post your own work. So posting something you commissioned isn't really apropos. However, as the *writer* of the pieces, that makes posting it in the Written Fan Works perfectly acceptable as long as you make sure you specify in the post that you are the writer and you're not just posting something you found somewhere you think is cool. :) 

And there's nothing wrong with posting them in full, other than really big images can make the page layout go all wonky. We're not really geared to be an image hosting service. ;) If they're big, I recommend hosting them somewhere like deviantArt or Tumblr something, and linking to them, just so you get a prettier presentation.

Hmm.. there are few ways to approach that.

You could post them in the same thread with these comic pages. For instance, you could include some extra content like concept art at the end of the post, it could be either images (in spoilers or not) or links to deviantArt posts, for example.

Other than that, if these were drawn by you, then you could post them separately in Visual Fan Art section I believe, then optionally put a link to the thread with the completed comic pages and vice-versa to keep them connected. That way, you could hear some opinions on your concept arts.