Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sanctuary, Appleloosa

Jack Baker

OOC

July 17, 20XX

7:00 PM

Sanctuary, Appleloosa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Raze drove the cargo van down the dirt road, he looked outside. They were far from the town now, traversing down a somewhat narrow, forest path. He made a right, going off the main road and deeper into the forest, continuing straight. They were almost there.

He thought about the job they were doing, and how... different it felt from the other places he and the rest of the crew explored. They ran a paranormal TV show, and most areas were known to have been abandoned for quite some time, but this place was only abandoned for five years. Not a lot of time for it to be considered haunted, but apparently, the folks back in the town of Sanctuary told them about the sightings, so he guessed it was. He couldn't question it much anyway, he was just a cameraman. If they told him they were gonna film there, then he was gonna have to film there.

He found the road ending ahead, so he slowed the car down to a steady halt in, in front of some brush. From there, they had to walk across a smaller dirt road to get to the main house, where they would begin filming.

He put the car in park, then turned around to the others. 

"This is the place," he said to them. "Let's get unpacked."

@@nx9100@@BloodDrops, @@Bedman,

• Brohoof 1

Inked Quill quietly stepped outside of the car, carrying with her a large notepad and scribbling away with a pen furiously as she nudged the passenger door closed with her hip. "The drive here alone was quite interesting. I'm sure we'll find plenty of interesting things here, even if the house isn't haunted!"

Taking a few more notes before slamming the book shut, Quill lit a cigarette and took a drift from it before opening the back doors of the truck and taking out smaller pieces of equipment with her free hand. "Come on, guys, let's get moving!" she spoke loudly to the other members of the crew through the packs and equipment. "The sooner we can get to exploring this metaphorical treasure trove, the better."

@@Jack Baker,

Blood Drops let out a yawn, she then stepped out, being the presenter she didn't have any heavy stuff to carry. She just presented and got paid for that. She was also the paranormal expert as well, so she did the major risky business with talking with the 'ghosts'. If any did actually exist. "This place is haunted? You sure you got the right place" she remarked to Raze, she wasn't convinced.

@@Bedman,

She smirked and rolled her eyes, "only treasure trove I'm looking for, is something that actually makes a interesting ghost story. Creepy setting, Check. Equipment kind of working, Check. Ghosts being present? Hmmm perhaps" she remarked. She then blinked at Quill, "Anyone die here, badly that is? The worse the death, the better the spirit print" she remarked. She used her own handheld ghost box to see if anything was out of the ordinary.  

@BloodDrops @Bedman

Raze narrowed his eyes at their somewhat cocky presenter. Even though he had been working with her for a while, he still couldn't get used to it.

"Well," he said to her. "I was a bit curious about it myself, so I decided to do the digging along with our producer here." He motioned to Inked Quill, then pulled out a small notepad from his pants pocket, beginning to read the contents. "Place has been abandoned for five years; the family that used to live there were known as the Goldhoofs. Pretty quiet, but a upstanding family, from what I've been able to gather. They ended up disappearing after a violent storm hit Appleloosa five years back, and were presumed dead. However, people who've been to the property since have reported sightings of figures around the perimeter of said property. Oh, by the way, there's more than just this house apparently; there's also an old house they used to live in, an entire barn, a guest house, and a boathouse. We might be here a while..." He flipped through the notepad, stopping to a particular page. "Also... I'm not sure if this is related to anything, but... ever since the Goldhoofs' disappearance, there've been... increasing reports of missing people being made to the police station here and the sheriff's office back in Appleloosa. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or whatever, but... you know, something to be aware of, I guess..."

He went to the back of the van and retrieved two cameras, one big professional video camera, and a small action camera, which he wore around his head. He turned them on, ready to record.

• Brohoof 1

@@Jack Baker, @@BloodDrops, @@nx9100,

"Missing and presumed dead," she parroted after Raze was finished. "If they did escape, they sure didn't tell anyone about it. Besides, with all the disappearances around the area, I'm sure that at least something's there, even if it's not dead. Who knows, there might be some mad scientist in there putting together Frankenstein's Monster! But I'm sure you'll know soon enough if there's any ghosts around that feel up to being around."

Taking another draft of her cigarette before dropping on the ground and rubbing it out on the rough, rocky road, Inked picked up the laptop and placed it in her backpack, while also flipping out her notebook once again. "... Alright, then, I'm ready, Raze is ready, and so is Drops. That just leaves..." She carefully picked up the end of the boom mike case and nudged the back of Random's head- perhaps a little too overzealously. "Come on, slowpoke! Let's get going!" Straightening up, she then turned back to Raze. "Everything checks out over there? Spare batteries, functioning lenses? It'll be a shame to break the pacing if we have to come back to the car without having finished."

(edited)

@@Bedman,

Raze nodded. "I'll be fine, don't worry about it... actually, wait." He went back to the van and took out a backpack with all of the spare parts for both of his cameras inside. He put it around his back and nodded.

"Alright, now I think I'm good," he said with a slight smile. "Just gotta wait for our boom mike guy to be ready."

Edited by Jack Baker
  • Brohoof 1

@@Jack Baker@@Bedman,@@BloodDrops,

Random Action yawned and stretched out, looking around.  He noticed the others unloading the van.  Crap, fell asleep again, he thought, while climbing out.  Not the best way to start a new job.  I shouldn't have stayed out late last night!  Finally extracting himself from the van, he shrugged at the others.  "Sorry, guys!  Must have dozed off for a while."  He turned to grab the mic boom and a bag of equipment.  "So, this is the place, huh?  Def looks haunted, hehe."

• Brohoof 1

@@nx9100,@@Bedman, @@BloodDrops,

"Alright then..." Raze said, holding his camera in his left hand. "If we're all ready, let's get going." He began to walk in front of them along the narrow dirt path, a couple of flies buzzing in front of him. He waved them off with his free hand, slightly annoyed. "Ugh... frickin' bugs..." he said quietly to himself. After walking a good minute, they had finally arrived at the gates of the residence, the main house looming over the group.

Resident-Evil-7-Mansion.jpg

"Huh... the barbed wire seems a bit... extreme," Raze said, approaching the gates and giving them a tug. They wouldn't even budge an inch. He tried a couple more times, then noticed the gates were held together by iron chains and a lock.

"Great... it's locked," he said to the others. He turned to his left and saw another path leading down to another gate.

"Over here." He motioned for the group to follow him down the path and began walking. He stopped when he saw another smaller iron gate. No doors, only a small wooden sign with red letters forming a phrase.

ACCEPT HER GIFT

Raze's narrowed his eyes, a bit suspicious at the message. "...The hell?" he said. "Some kind of prank...?"

Random, who'd been following Raze, shrugged.  "I dunno, do kids come hang out here or something?  Doesn't seem like that kinda place, though..."  His eyes wandered about the place.  "Maybe it's an old sign, like left here for somepony else?  A party from years ago?"  He shifted the mic boom on his shoulders.  "Who knows.  So, you wanna start out here, or inside?"

(edited)

@@nx9100,

Raze looked ahead. The gate seemed to lead to a more swampy area, but it looked like it circled around to the back. "Looks like we're gonna have to keep going," he said to Random. Disregarding the sign, he kept walking, passing a small swamp in the process. He looked up.

"Sun's going down..." he said. "Well, at least it'll set the mood." Another minute of walking and he stopped again, more shocked than the last time.

He didn't know how to describe it, the best word he could come up with was... an effigy of some sort, made with rotting cow legs, a head, and rope. Buzzsaw blades were hanging from old rope, and the effigy was put up in front of the path they were supposed to go through.

sig-4834559.riccardo-minervino-cow-gate-

He gagged. "Ugh... that smells horrible..." he said, covering his mouth.

Edited by Jack Baker

Random wasn't looking forward at the moment as he walked.  "What smells..... whoa....."   He froze, staring up at the same horrid display in front of Raze.  The normally talkative pony was, for once in his life, completely speechless.  He'd never seen such a display, not even the crazy stuff that his brother sometimes had that zebra-raised mare do for him......

@@BloodDrops, @@Jack Baker, @@nx9100,

One glance at the effigy was all it took for Inked Quill to start scribbling furiously as she took in the sights, the smells, and the sounds. It seemed almost obsessively intense, but soon after, she closed the book again and looked up, her face was slightly less enthusiastic than before. "Well, the property's certainly showing signs of wear and tear, but these obvious signs of vandalism... this whole thing is looking like some teenage prank. I'd hate to meet the teenager that makes effigies out of, not only one cow, but at least four, though..."

She shuddered, covering her nose and mouth in disgust. "I don't know much in the field of effigies... Drops, you think this would be a place to start? Assuming people can take the scent, that is... ugh. I wasn't expecting to need the noseplugs."

@@Bedman,

"If this really is a prank... that's some dedication right there..." Raze said to Inked Quill. "This must have taken a lot of time to build, not to mention hanging it up here..."

He looked down and noticed a space small enough for them to crouch under. "I think we can get in through here. Let's keep moving," he said as he crouched down and slid through the opening, continuing to walk slowly.

After giving one last look at the hanging display, Random shrugged and slipped his mic boon through the opening.  Crouching down, he followed it, picked it back up, and brushed some dirt off the pole.  Taking another look around, he turned to Raze"So, where to now, boss?" he asked.

@@nx9100,

Raze looked at Random with a confused. "Boss? Don't get me wrong, I'm still the camera guy. I just wanna hurry this up so I go home... as for where we're going, looks like straight's the only way to go." He kept walking forward, stepping over a tree root in the process. A couple of crows in hiding flew right past him and up into the sky, startling him.

"Gah! Geez..." he said to himself.

@@Jack Baker,

Blood smiled, "Good, very good. A nice spooky story to start the day. I do love these isolated places with mysterious disappearances" she remarked.  She waved her hand dismissively "yeah yeah, the locals always have that sort of story and tale to tell. It makes for good tourism" she remarked. She had been to several of these tourist ghost towns. Though the increases in missing people was something of notice, though those sort of figures could always be mis-read. She wouldn't belive there was a ghost here until she actually found one.

@@nx9100,

She rolled her eyes "Sure, you would say a graveyard is haunted though" she snorted. She watched him pick the stuff up and she smirked, he was a good donkey after all.

ACCEPT HER GIFT

Blood Drops blinked at the sign and snorted she got out her ghost box and turned it on, nothing. She expected as much. She kicked the sign knocking it over, her reading on the box suddenly peaked before disappearing, though she didn't notice it. "Some dumb kids, or again tourist hunters" she snorted scornfully. She looked back at the producer "Come on, lets move on" she remarked.

@@Jack Baker,

Drops, you think this would be a place to start?

Blood Drops glanced at the cow legs and stopped

"DON'T TOUCH THAT" she screeched.

She blinked at it "No this isn't a prank anymore guys. It looks more like some sort of curse stick" she remarked, she had read about curse sticks, though there were mainly zebra sorts of things, and this wasn't zebra.

"Either that stick is here to warn others not to trespass, so Hopefully we got permission to be here" she remarked looking at the producer. "Or its here to make sure that nothing trespassed beyond the stick" she remarked. She wasn't going to kick it at any rate, kicking a sign is one thing, kicking a dead cow is another. You mess with a curse stick, you got whatever the curse stick was use in the first place, or that was the theory anyway.

She stepped under it with one of her special poles, which had been cleansed with holy water. Well what was claimed has holy water anyway. She also had her own medallion around her neck that protected her from harmful spirits, but again that was another 'spook' item. 

"Gah! Geez..." he said to himself.

"Careful your still needed. Don't be dropping that camera now, otherwise the new one will be coming out of your pay. That or I make you bring that curse stick along with us for authenticity" she remarked. She smirked at the rest of them 

"lets all go, i'm detecting good evp readings up ahead. 

Edited by BloodDrops

@@BloodDrops@@nx9100,@@Bedman,

Raze sighed in slight annoyance, but kept his cool. Eventually, they arrived at what appeared to be a small house, slightly covered in foliage.

RESIDENT-EVIL-7-biohazard_20170124103355

"Looks like this is the end of the road," he said to the others. "Looks like a completely different house of some sort... there might be a way in to the main house though."

• Brohoof 1

@@Jack Baker,

Blood smirked at the house "Now that's defiantly haunted" she remarked. She waited for the others to catch up, they then could investigate the house in much more detail, though she was sure this was going to be a interesting one at that. "no one try and disappear alright" she told everyone.  

@@nx9100, @@BloodDrops, @@Jack Baker,

"So this place has potential, you say? Great!"

Notebook out and at the ready, she started scribbling again. The odd cow corpse effigy is a zebra curse stick- made as a ward against people who disturb it or the area it protects. Hopefully that doesn't include us. DO NOT DISTURB.

Continuing to write quickly, she glanced up at the overgrown house. "Well... I'd assume that that's the guest house. Kinda strange that we ran into it before the main buildings, but eh. Could just be the path is overgrown. We can look, but we might need to trailblaze to get there. No one's been around here for a while, after all. We can't expect a path to just... exist."

Random Action had followed the others to the small overgrown house.  "So... do ya want to start setting up out here?  Or..." he waved the mic boom at the house  ..."are we gonna start in there?  'Cause that's a lot of weeds growing all over it, and I didn't bring a machete."  He chuckles to himself, hefting his load. 

@Bedman, @BloodDrops, @nx9100,

Raze aimed his camera at the house and recorded it for a few seconds, aiming to use the footage for the intro for the episode.

"I think we should head in," he told the others. "I got a good shot of the house, so now I need some footage of the interior."

He stopped the camera recording, then walked over toward the front door. "Alright, let's go." He proceeded to turn the knob, but the door wouldn't budge. He gave it a few more strong tugs, then shoved the door.

"It's locked..." he said, shoving the door once more then stepped back and gave it a strong kick. The door flew open, revealing a dark hallway inside.

Raze paused for a few seconds before sighing. "Alright then..."

• Brohoof 1

@@Bedman,

Blood watched her amused, "Your gonna run out of notepad at that rate" she remarked with a smirk. She glanced at the house and then at the larger house. The larger house was overgrown. She wasn't impressed, she wasn't going to cut herself trying o get in there.

@@nx9100,

"Well you're going to have to go in there at some point, im not wrecking my dress to get though that" she remarked. After all she had to look half presentable.

@@Jack Baker

She smirked as he kicked the door down "You know, that's technically breaking and entering. You might get into trouble if you go around vandalising the place" she remarked. She then proceeded to enter the building with her ghost box out.  

"Hello? Any ghosts home?" she asked the empty room

(edited)

@@BloodDrops

Raze looked at Blood Drops in bewilderment, arms raised in confusion. "What do you want me to do about it? Would you rather not have any footage of the place, or not be in the actual house to investigate?"

His face scrunched up into that of annoyance. "For once could you take your head out of the frickin clouds and act like a modest person? It ain't that hard..." he said quietly to himself. He walked further ahead once the others were inside. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small flashlight, turning it on to illuminate his surroundings. Looking ahead he saw what he thought looked like a long corridor, and at the end of it, a dresser cabinet of some sort, the corridor leading right.

RE9.jpg

Walking ahead of that, he turned and saw what looked like a kitchen.

20161220164923_1.jpg

Nice place... he thought sarcastically to himself.He pressed the record button on his camera and took some more footage of the surrounding area.

@@Bedman

@@nx9100

Edited by Jack Baker

Raze looked at Blood Drops in bewilderment, arms raised in confusion. "What do you want me to do about it? Would you rather not have any footage of the place, or not be in the actual house to investigate?"

She held up a key and jingled it with a smirk "Could have used the key you know" she remarked. "Though it was worth it seeing you use your manly powers to break the door down, that's coming out of your wage anyway" she added with a smirk. She moved in and looked around the place "Nice place anyway" she added with a smirk. "Shame its out of our price range" she snorted amused. She was having way to much fun.

Blood Drops trotted into the kitchen and looked around, her ghost box was detecting traces of 'potential' paranormal activity. She began poking though the kitchen seeing if anything would make her box go beep.

*BEEP*

"Yo guys, you want to come see what i found?" I remarked, I found a nice old box. "Anyone want to take a guess at what this is?" she remarked. She didn't offer it to anyone but opened it herself 

"Finder's keepers" she remarked.

Random followed the others into the house, stepping over various pieces of junk on the floor.  "Nice place," he muttered under his breath.  

"Hello? Any ghosts home?"

"I'm sure they'll come out and introduce themselves," he laughed, following Blood Drops into the kitchen.  "Maybe a ghost maid will appear and offer us coffee!" 

• Brohoof 1