Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gallery of Goodwill

skysweep

Hello everypony!

I am proud to present to you today a pet project turned reality, supported by a initial band of brilliant and kind artists and Poniverse!

This project, which I call the Gallery of Goodwill, is meant to spread a little joy and inject some cheer to people who need it, as well as supporting and showcasing some of the talented artists this fandom has to offer.

In a nutshell, the project works like this: If you want to spread a little cheer to someone, you can put forward a request to get an artist to draw for you. The artist gets paid out of a donation pool, everypony's happy! I hope that people will see the good in this, and help spread a little bit of cheer!

UPDATE:
We have a new place now! Check out our swanky new subforum!

https://mlpforums.com/forum/269-gallery-of-goodwill/

• Brohoof 24

Do you have to donate to get a request? If so how much? (Sorry Im a little confused since I've never done this before)

• Brohoof 1

skysweep, if a person is facing a hardship a requester is aware of, but the requester doesn't want it publicly stated or acknowledged, can a request be made via PM instead of in this thread?

• Brohoof 5

Do you have to donate to get a request? If so how much? (Sorry Im a little confused since I've never done this before)

You dont need to donate to request anything. However, we still appreciate if you are able to give so that others can have the same joy as your friend. But if you really are tight on cash, then its totally alright. Just request away.

skysweep, if a person is facing a hardship a requester is aware of, but the requester doesn't want it publicly stated or acknowledged, can a request be made via PM instead of in this thread?

Of course! You can PM if you dont want it publicly heard whatsoever. Its just that the request itself (the details of what you want drawn) need to be here for tabulation. Otherwise, the details of the hardship can be shared privately. 

• Brohoof 6

I quite love this idea, and I'm kind of disappointed that it hasn't been taking off as much as I'd hoped it would!

If I may, I'd like to put in my own request, for my girlfriend, Alex (AKA Mercury). (I believe she goes by LadyMercury on MLPF.) As of late she's been struggling with depression mainly caused by problems with her roommates, and not much that I'm able to do has really helped with that. It's really bringing her down from what I can see, and I hate being helpless to do much since we don't live together :( I'd love to get her a cute piece of art to make her smile for a little while, but I can't really afford it myself due to my own problems that I won't go into. I think she'd love a normal pony style drawing from either Naiya the Brony or Ariida-Chi. I'm not sure too much what I'd like the content of the piece to be - generally I give artists a fair bit of freedom when I commission them! If I get accepted, though, I may be able to come up with a bit more concrete of an idea.

Thanks for considering my request!

• Brohoof 5

Does this mean total, or at once? 

Oh! Well I dropped the donation amount a little (I know by $5 isnt a lot but still) and may do so more, and to answer your question, yes, its a total running tally for each person. So if you give $30 today, and $30 tomorrow, it still counts as $60 to me. 

I quite love this idea, and I'm kind of disappointed that it hasn't been taking off as much as I'd hoped it would!

If I may, I'd like to put in my own request, for my girlfriend, Alex (AKA Mercury). (I believe she goes by LadyMercury on MLPF.) As of late she's been struggling with depression mainly caused by problems with her roommates, and not much that I'm able to do has really helped with that. It's really bringing her down from what I can see, and I hate being helpless to do much since we don't live together :( I'd love to get her a cute piece of art to make her smile for a little while, but I can't really afford it myself due to my own problems that I won't go into. I think she'd love a normal pony style drawing from either Naiya the Brony or Ariida-Chi. I'm not sure too much what I'd like the content of the piece to be - generally I give artists a fair bit of freedom when I commission them! If I get accepted, though, I may be able to come up with a bit more concrete of an idea.

Sure! Ill be sure to add your name to the list and see if Naiya or Ariida will take this up. 

OK! Naiya has agreed to take on your request! So might want to think about that solid request, also maybe some ref pics and such. 

• Brohoof 5

Yay, I'm so glad to hear that!

Here are a couple of references of her:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/81618929973198848/292735921563107328/1469667628.valkyrie_ec_017_nopony435.png

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/10/22/1279110.png (Bonus picture of AppleDash!)

Now, the art idea... It all depends on how many characters I'm allowed to request! Because my ideal idea would involve her laying on her back with AppleDash (https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/7/17/938451.png) laying on his belly on top of Mercury and pressing his nose against hers, with about the same size proportions of the second reference picture up there.

But... If that's not possible, then my second idea would be just her curled up sleeping with a thought bubble that indicates she's dreaming of lemon merengue pie (it's a bit of an inside joke between us :P)

• Brohoof 3

Yay, I'm so glad to hear that!

Here are a couple of references of her:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/81618929973198848/292735921563107328/1469667628.valkyrie_ec_017_nopony435.png

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2016/10/22/1279110.png (Bonus picture of AppleDash!)

Now, the art idea... It all depends on how many characters I'm allowed to request! Because my ideal idea would involve her laying on her back with AppleDash (https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/7/17/938451.png) laying on his belly on top of Mercury and pressing his nose against hers, with about the same size proportions of the second reference picture up there.

But... If that's not possible, then my second idea would be just her curled up sleeping with a thought bubble that indicates she's dreaming of lemon merengue pie (it's a bit of an inside joke between us :P)

Sounds interesting....

Also, Ariida has expressed interest too, so which artist would you want to do this?

• Brohoof 2

Sounds interesting....

Also, Ariida has expressed interest too, so which artist would you want to do this?

My preference is Naiya still! (although I expressed interest in both because I love both styles of art, so no offense to Ariida :P)

• Brohoof 4

On 4/5/2017 at 8:27 AM, Artimis Whooves said:

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it here or in the other thread, but I donated $100 at 7:58 EST.

Anything related to the GoG should be posted here.

Of course, thank you for the donation. Here's hoping it can go to good use soon! :)

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

I can't believe this thread isn't active. This seems like a great idea!

So, I have a friend over on the EQD Forums who goes by LeonBrony17. He's been having a rough go of things in life with bullying, especially with his parents. So, about a week ago, he told us his parents came home unexpectedly and were planning on staying for three weeks (so, until June 21st). Because of this, he won't be able to do anything pony related until then, and is probably going to come back even more depressed then he already was.

I thought it would be nice if I could surprise him with a picture of his OC when he got back, as a sort of Welcome Back present to get his spirits up. Here's a picture of it: 21gVkXG.png

I do have a slight preference towards Midnight Scribbler for drawing him, if he's available. But all of those artists are awesome. I'd be fine with any one of them.

Thank you all so much for doing this. It's nice to see ponies looking out for one another. I really think Leon's gonna love this present.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, ShadowDash13 said:

I can't believe this thread isn't active. This seems like a great idea!

So, I have a friend over on the EQD Forums who goes by LeonBrony17. He's been having a rough go of things in life with bullying, especially with his parents. So, about a week ago, he told us his parents came home unexpectedly and were planning on staying for three weeks (so, until June 21st). Because of this, he won't be able to do anything pony related until then, and is probably going to come back even more depressed then he already was.

I thought it would be nice if I could surprise him with a picture of his OC when he got back, as a sort of Welcome Back present to get his spirits up. Here's a picture of it: 21gVkXG.png

I do have a slight preference towards Midnight Scribbler for drawing him, if he's available. But all of those artists are awesome. I'd be fine with any one of them.

Thank you all so much for doing this. It's nice to see ponies looking out for one another. I really think Leon's gonna love this present.

Hiya!
Well it is what it is. We try to support others as much as we can still.

I see, well I will be certain to add your request to the list, and thanks for your support!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 6/20/2017 at 1:05 AM, Artimis Whooves said:

sure, I don't know what he'd want though.

Well, youre welcome to take your time to figure out. A surprise request for him can be just as exciting!

@Artimis Whooves However we do need to have you actually request so we can log things. 

Edited by skysweep
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I would like a request done for my friend Techno Universal. He's been a really wonderful help for me over the last few months, and it would mean a great deal if I could get this done as a surprise for him.

I would really like it if it could be a picture of our OCs standing next to each other on a grassy hill, wearing large and fluffy capes that are flowing in the wind.

My OC Celestial Flight (she is an alicorn in the RP)
59a213746b918_CelestialFlight.thumb.png.e8e6ccbfcb3fce354c50e58f3555b047.png

and Techno's Oc Techno Univeraal

image.jpeg.813c7ffb2cff10013f748228caa67

If this could be done, that would really wonderful :)

20 minutes ago, Celestial Flight said:

Hello, I would like a request done for my friend Techno Universal. He's been a really wonderful help for me over the last few months, and it would mean a great deal if I could get this done as a surprise for him.

I would really like it if it could be a picture of our OCs standing next to each other on a grassy hill, wearing large and fluffy capes that are flowing in the wind.

My OC Celestial Flight (she is an alicorn in the RP)
59a213746b918_CelestialFlight.thumb.png.e8e6ccbfcb3fce354c50e58f3555b047.png

and Techno's Oc Techno Univeraal

image.jpeg.813c7ffb2cff10013f748228caa67

If this could be done, that would really wonderful :)

Okay just to let you know that if you want the image to be a surprise then I recommend you PM @skysweep about it! It's like I'm doing the request for you over PM! :)

Hello I would like to make a request for my cousin chaosprincess. She has been going through some rough times as of late so maybe having a picture of both of her ponysonas would help cheer her up. I really do want to keep this as a suprise to her. What I really think she would like is a picture of both her ponysonas Laurel and Chaos standing back to back on their hind legs with their hooves crossed References will be below

Laurel

Spoiler

General Info

Height:She is a short adult pegasus

Coat:light brown

Mane and Tail color:dark brunette

Mane and Tail type: Naturally curly

Eye: She has twinkle eyes. Which it means she has gems for eyes. They are a dark brown.

Cm:59a251a447a12_Laurelcmcomplete2.thumb.jpg.de4a65ece974d35e2d3f9a701fb0cc73.jpg

Here is some references just the blush lines I put on the headshot were intended to make her look cute but other people have mistaken it as makeup which she dosent wear.

59a2518cad0e2_Laurelscolors.thumb.jpg.57b0efc4e5e687203873a56544a67d99.jpg

591dfa253f75c_LaurelComplete.thumb.jpg.d54f33972d7df6b16e28379580457c37.jpg

Chaos:

Spoiler

General Info

Height:She is a short alicorn

Coat:gold

Mane and Tail color:black and red

Mane and Tail type: Naturally curly

Eye: She has two different colored twinkle eyes. Which it means she has gems for eyes. The right eye is gold and her left eye is red.

CM:59a25198dcc48_ChaosCMcomplete.thumb.jpg.2df25e459fd252e8d558e388577d154b.jpg

Here is some more references she just dosent wear King Sombras armor.

59a2517d39da3_ChaoticColors.jpg.9c87461ad1b338db695a81e3747a40a9.jpg

chaos_in_sombra_s_armor_by_demonwolfspirit-dbdd8q0.thumb.jpg.790fe46d7e0b50c0aad5c1cec387107e.jpg

Spoiler

Here is the pose  thumb.png.0ecd6ff90573ef206fdb2967c19e10d6.png

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion

Hello everyone, 
Unfortunately due to the lack of donations, we will be temporarily closing requests.
We appreciate that everyone supports this idea a lot, and I am glad this is the case, but we run primarily off the generosity of the people who support this project. Without the funding of donations, we would be unable to support artists the way we do with a fair payment for the work they do. 

We really appreciate that if you really like this idea, and if you can, that you give what you can so that we can continue sharing cheer and helping artists. 

There is also a reward program we run, if you werent already aware:
https://mlpgalleryofgoodwill.deviantart.com/journal/GoG-Reward-Scheme-696307344

You get some nice goodies, and we get the funds we need to support the artists in what they do, we all win! 

I hope everyone can find that extra bit of generosity to chip in and help us. Thank you all. 

@Celestial Flight @PrincessOfCompassion

I have logged both of your requests, but it would be on hold until we can procure more funds.

5 hours ago, skysweep said:

Hello everyone, 
Unfortunately due to the lack of donations, we will be temporarily closing requests.
We appreciate that everyone supports this idea a lot, and I am glad this is the case, but we run primarily off the generosity of the people who support this project. Without the funding of donations, we would be unable to support artists the way we do with a fair payment for the work they do. 

We really appreciate that if you really like this idea, and if you can, that you give what you can so that we can continue sharing cheer and helping artists. 

There is also a reward program we run, if you werent already aware:
https://mlpgalleryofgoodwill.deviantart.com/journal/GoG-Reward-Scheme-696307344

You get some nice goodies, and we get the funds we need to support the artists in what they do, we all win! 

I hope everyone can find that extra bit of generosity to chip in and help us. Thank you all. 

@Celestial Flight @PrincessOfCompassion

I have logged both of your requests, but it would be on hold until we can procure more funds.

Well really I would be donating a lot here if I was living in my own home and I could supply funding but annoyingly it's pretty much impossible for me to donate here because of my current real life situation. Like I have no PayPal account right now and I probably won't be able to create one until I'm 18 plus I really am extremely annoyed of how I can't donate here! :)