Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S7 Preview.

CastletonSnob

Just according to keikaku. Whelp guys, I guess my E-peen enlargement will have to wait. But this is just pure gold. Two connected slice-o-life episodes about not one but two non-issues. Oh my, this will be such a glorious clownfest, and you know what: that's awesome cause these are the two Starlight episodes! If this is gonna go down as boring shit it shall be the best boring shit in MLP history!

P.S: Wait guys, I think my E-peen just grew by one size. I did call two slice-o-life Starlight episodes as an optimal final solution around Halloween.

(Translator's note: keikaku means plan)

• Brohoof 1

Look like Starlight start messing thing up after her graduation and spells are always the solutions for her problems... again. Twilight, you are a really terrible teacher, how could you graduate somepony who didnt have enough Friendship Credits yet!? Sure, she gained 50 credits by saving Equestria but you have to complete 100 Friendship Credits to graduate, damn, i wish can graduate my university by making the principal happy.

And Starlight, you Messed up again, i am hope you wont cast spell on anypony else but yourself. You messed up again, right after your graduation, your Friendship Degree is Terminated. You always mess thing up but that why i love you, you are charming when you fuck thing up. This preview is already ten times interesting than Crystalling...

Some random thoughts, i find it funny when Sunset said she still had a lot to learn but in later movie, she become a " mostly " perfect saint, the whole " i still have to learn " of Sunset is bullshit, Starlight is the One who truly need to learn A LOT.

Very interesting premise. It seems that Starlight's graduation takes place sometime after the events of the Season 6 finale. And i'm glad that we got confirmation that Thorax's voice is still the same from before the reformation. I was curious if they were going to change it, but i'm glad that wasn't the case  :P.

Did Starlight's graduation come too early? Probably (even she thinks so too, after the announcement from Twilight surprised her). But this can be interpreted in many different ways. Just because you graduate from school, doesn't mean that you stop learning. That same mindset can be applied here. Starlight may not be Twilight's pupil anymore, but she will still be learning Friendship lessons on her own. That's just my $0.02

Just 1 more month of waiting folks. It's a truly amazing feeling that a show that i've been watching for 5 years still gets me excited  :love:.

• Brohoof 3

Starlight fans should be a little worried.

"Starlight, you have proved yourself to be a kind, loyal, strong, honest, and truly magical friend. Just looking around this room at all the new friendships you've made, I know there's nothing more I need to teach you."

With Twilight announcing these words, it's possible Starlight might get very minimal major roles this season.

• Brohoof 2

Very interesting premise. It seems that Starlight's graduation takes place sometime after the events of the Season 6 finale. And i'm glad that we got confirmation that Thorax's voice is still the same from before the reformation. I was curious if they were going to change it, but i'm glad that wasn't the case  :P.

Did Starlight's graduation come too early? Probably (even she thinks so too, after the announcement from Twilight surprised her). But this can be interpreted in many different ways. Just because you graduate from school, doesn't mean that you stop learning. That same mindset can be applied here. Starlight may not be Twilight's pupil anymore, but she will still be learning Friendship lessons on her own. That's just my $0.02

Just 1 more month of waiting folks. It's a truly amazing feeling that a show that i've been watching for 5 years still gets me excited  :love:.

I quite agree. Especially with the 2nd paragraph about graduation; I've officially graduated from college last December with the official ceremony taking place in June, and even I still have much to learn!

The only real question for me was "Is Thorax going to keep his original voice or not?" The question is answered and I'm glad about it. Whatever's going to happen, I want to be surprised for better or worse. See Ya back in Equestria in about a month!

• Brohoof 3

Even if Starlight managed to save the flanks of the Royal Family and Mane Six at the end of Season 6, having her graduate this early might be ill-advised.

Truth be told, I think the Royal Family and Mane Six could still learn a few things from Starlight to help them in the future, especially with Chrysalis still out there and waiting to get her revenge on all of them.

• Brohoof 2

While the synopsis for the premiere sounds interesting and explains what to expect out of the upcoming DVD this premiere is a part of, I think this is the first time since Season 1 where the premiere's titles are not simply a single episode with "Part 1" and "Part 2" at the end of them, but two separate, individual ones.

Still, after Starlight saved their sorry flanks from Chrysalis, I think the Mane Six and Royal Family could still learn a thing or two from her to prepare for Chrysalis when she returns for her revenge, and having her graduate this soon might be ill-advised with Chrysalis still out there, consumed by her vengeance, and Starlight probably still having some doubts about being on her own again despite all her successes during Season 6.

So, since people are fretting over a premature graduation should we expect that Starlight gets pulled to the Dark Side and Twilight has to hide out in Saddle Arabia with Trixie and Starlight's kid waiting for just the right time to strike a match and ignite a fledgling rebellion. Or should we expect a reality based moral.

WARNING: Old man with life experience and perspective incoming.

I graduated high school. I made mistakes in college. I graduated college. I made mistakes in my career. I got married. I made mistakes after the wedding. I became a parent, made mistakes there too. I learned from them all and ... holy crap I'm still making some mistakes.

I'm officially worst pony because I shouldn't have dared to do the IRL thing. I should have become a Sith. Or maybe Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Also, am I the only one noticing the irony in premature criticism of being critically premature? :wau:

• Brohoof 5

I feel as if Twilight just needed to get Starlight off her shoulders somehow??? Starlight is still as incompetent as she pretty recently casted a spell upon the mane 6 to make her situation less complicated... Sure, she apologized and understood her mistake, but it's probably too soon to let her off on her own. She's a nervous wreck, still is, look at her face when Twilight reveals that she's graduating.

Anyway.. Seems like the writers are milking how popular the former villains are in the fandom, they're probably going to get a lot of screentime as the mane 6 are sort of fading off into the background. Rainbow Dash is best background character.

• Brohoof 2

Also, synopses!

https://press.discovery.com/us/dfc/press-releases/2017/new-family-bonds-and-magical-friendship-adven-4021/

In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.

Wait..what..how do you lose a table...unless thye are shifting to yet ANOTHER mission giving device..ugh

I really don't want to be a negative Kyo here but, not fond of this. Sure, something is bound to go wrong, we all know that, but it seems Starlight will be getting the spotlight once again, even after not being much of anything in season 6. The only time she really mattered then was in the finale and NOW she is 'graduating' already? That is a bit of a jump.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT more Starlight in a positive light if they are gonna keep her as an important character. Hell, I wanted season 6 to show us more of that, but this seems like they are skipping a lot of positive development and going for the kill. It just seems waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too soon.

Also, synopses!

https://press.discovery.com/us/dfc/press-releases/2017/new-family-bonds-and-magical-friendship-adven-4021/

In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.

And I made my post before reading this.

Again...I REALLY don't want to be negative, but...this synopsis sounds incredibly stupid.

Starlight graduating was surprising, but it's still one step closer to her becoming an alicorn princess.

Maybe the season finale will finally see it happen. She deserves it after the part she played in the S6 Finale.

I think this is the first time since Season 1 where the premiere's titles are not simply a single episode with "Part 1" and "Part 2" at the end of them, but two separate, individual ones.

This didn't even happen in season 1. The first two episodes were titled Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2.

Speaking of which, I feel like this might be less like Starlight's equivalent to MMC, and more like the ending of the series premiere where Twilight decides to stay in Ponyville away from Celestia in order to continue her study of friendship. Starlight is essentially good enough at friendship that Twilight feels like she doesn't need to be there to teach her personally, and she should continue her studies separately.

Edited by Marimo

Starlight fans should be a little worried.

"Starlight, you have proved yourself to be a kind, loyal, strong, honest, and truly magical friend. Just looking around this room at all the new friendships you've made, I know there's nothing more I need to teach you."

With Twilight announcing these words, it's possible Starlight might get very minimal major roles this season.

Or she is going to be the main character. It is an option that the mane 6 are less important in season 7. Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

Why do the two premiere episodes have different titles? Is this going be a two part episode or what... I am real confused now. 

I think/hope it is a two parter. otherwise they haven't got enough time to do what is necessary.

Or she is going to be the main character. It is an option that the mane 6 is less inportant in season 7.

She can't. Don't forget, her core writer for Season 6 (Vogel) isn't even offering a single episode this season.

Furthermore, only two ponies, I think will be least important: Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Rarity has met all of her goals since halfway through Season 6, and so has Rainbow Dash by the end of Season 6. Aside of the Cutie Map episodes, all they can both have now are solo episodes or ones with their little sister figures (Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, respectively).

She can't. Don't forget, her core writer for Season 6 (Vogel) isn't even offering a single episode this season.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.  ^_^

Furthermore, only two ponies, I think will be least important: Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Rarity has met all of her goals since halfway through Season 6, and so has Rainbow Dash by the end of Season 6. Aside of the Cutie Map episodes, all they can both have now are solo episodes or ones with their little sister figures (Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, respectively).

Well, Rainbow still can climb in order by the wonderbolts. Or she can go on a mision with them, but I really think Rarity is not going to be doing much this season. And also the CMC don't have that much goals anymore.

I really think it is time for secundary characters like Starlight, Discord, Big Mag or Cadence to shine.

Can't they just give Rainbow Dash and Rarity new goals?