Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S7 Preview.

CastletonSnob

She can't. Don't forget, her core writer for Season 6 (Vogel) isn't even offering a single episode this season.

Furthermore, only two ponies, I think will be least important: Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Rarity has met all of her goals since halfway through Season 6, and so has Rainbow Dash by the end of Season 6. Aside of the Cutie Map episodes, all they can both have now are solo episodes or ones with their little sister figures (Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, respectively).

Yes she can... any writer can do an episode about her. And for all we know she could have the largest roles this season. Not saying it will be good, just that they can do anything they want to. Unless you are the secret writer for every episode this season or know something we don't, it is all just guessing, conjecture and head theories. The fact is they could dish out the episodes any way they like with no thought whatsoever on who has the most episodes in previous seasons, what goals they have or have not met, or what any group of fans are asking for. Obviously for all anyone knows you could be spot on with your guessing, but in the end, guessing is all it is.

Personally all I got from that is they are getting her out from underneath Twilight as a student, which i think is a good thing, since I never saw her as any sort of real student to begin with, and to me makes more sense in the overall scheme of things if they are indeed making her the "Mane 7th".

• Brohoof 1

Even if Starlight managed to save the flanks of the Royal Family and Mane Six at the end of Season 6, having her graduate this early might be ill-advised.

Truth be told, I think the Royal Family and Mane Six could still learn a few things from Starlight to help them in the future, especially with Chrysalis still out there and waiting to get her revenge on all of them.

It's not like Twilight stopped learning new things about friendship even after she became a princess.

Personally, I think it might be more the equivalent of graduating from high school and going on to college for Starlight. Instead of Twilight giving her assignments, this is more about allowing Starlight to be more independent from her.

How do you lose a whole map? :/ 

This sounds like another test....

Well, I don't know about that. I think it is going to be an accident as she shows her magic to everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Do we know the friendship map is actually the table, which has only been called the map or the cutie map and never the friendship map? Maybe Twilight was making a paper map to detail past map missions and/or how other places are doing friendship-wise?

John De Lancie proved he was trolling everyone when he said he didn't know if he was going to be involved with season seven, but then it was obvious that Discord would appear since he is a fan favourite and all. Also, I predicted that the new premiere would follow up from the season six finale. I mean, it was expected since that has been the trend since the season two finale where the premiere follows events immediately from the previous finale.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't know about that. I think it is going to be an accident as she shows her magic to everyone.

I'd betting this is a reason for Twilight to doubt herself for the whole season and Starlight to have a small development arc. Add in some silly episodes a discord and a dash of sunset..bake for half a year and serve with a cliffhanger for a movie. 

Serve fresh. 

• Brohoof 1

This didn't even happen in season 1. The first two episodes were titled Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2.

Actually, a few years ago on Netflix, the two-part Season 1 premiere episodes had the unofficial titles of "Mare in the Moon" and "Elements of Harmony", respectively. To be honest, calling the episodes by those names makes it clearer that we're talking about the first few episodes and not the show as a whole.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Whatever either way, we still need the following for Season 7 that we still don't have yet:

• At least one (but not more than two) Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy episode(s) WITHOUT Applejack or Rarity in it
  • An episode focusing on both Pinkie Pie and the Cutie Mark Crusaders (Spike and Starlight will need to wait until she's had her part)
  • An episode where Twilight and Applejack are the only Mane Six ponies with an appearance
  • Absolutely NO Rarity/Applejack episodes

Remember, these are only just 3-4 episodes out of the 22 we're getting after the first two episodes and before the season finale. So I'm sure there's still gonna be room for plenty of episodes aside of these to go with them.

Edited by FirePuppy

So, since people are fretting over a premature graduation should we expect that Starlight gets pulled to the Dark Side and Twilight has to hide out in Saddle Arabia with Trixie and Starlight's kid waiting for just the right time to strike a match and ignite a fledgling rebellion. Or should we expect a reality based moral.

WARNING: Old man with life experience and perspective incoming.

I graduated high school. I made mistakes in college. I graduated college. I made mistakes in my career. I got married. I made mistakes after the wedding. I became a parent, made mistakes there too. I learned from them all and ... holy crap I'm still making some mistakes.

I'm officially worst pony because I shouldn't have dared to do the IRL thing. I should have become a Sith. Or maybe Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Also, am I the only one noticing the irony in premature criticism of being critically premature? :wau:

Twilight: Everything Ends Starlight, THE GEOGRAPHY THAT I STANDS ON COMPARES YOU SUPERIOR! 

Starlight: YOU UNDERRATED MY ABILITY

Twilight: IS!

Whatever either way, we still need the following for Season 7 that we still don't have yet:

• At least one (but not more than two) Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy episode(s) WITHOUT Applejack or Rarity in it
  • An episode focusing on both Pinkie Pie and the Cutie Mark Crusaders (Spike and Starlight will need to wait until she's had her part)
  • An episode where Twilight and Applejack are the only Mane Six ponies with an appearance
  • Absolutely NO Rarity/Applejack episodes
Remember, these are only just 3-4 episodes out of the 22 we're getting after the first two episodes and before the season finale. So I'm sure there's still gonna be room for plenty of episodes aside of these to go with them.

Well before the Pinkie/CMC episode, BABS! We need Babs this season! And the Manehattan CMCs!

Cutie map episodes I think will probably be Pinkie/Fluttershy, AJ/Rainbow, and Rarity/Twilight.

Spike, hopefully a decent enough role like season 6 - maybe 3 or 4 episodes with most of them with him sharing episodes with other characters, and one solo.

And if we're lucky, at the end of the season, Scorpan for his part in season 8 possibily! :D

This didn't even happen in season 1. The first two episodes were titled Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2.

Speaking of which, I feel like this might be less like Starlight's equivalent to MMC, and more like the ending of the series premiere where Twilight decides to stay in Ponyville away from Celestia in order to continue her study of friendship. Starlight is essentially good enough at friendship that Twilight feels like she doesn't need to be there to teach her personally, and she should continue her studies separately.

Not to contradict you, but I believe the other titles to the Season 1 premiere were Mare in the Moon for Part 1 and Elements of Harmony for Part 2, at least according to what I remember.

Well this might as well be DOA for me. Just great, yet another premier (and not even a two-parter) focused on Starlight. Well at least we know Delanice lied to us about Discord. Hey Hasbro you remember that message you gave out that said the Mane 6 were still the focus? Did you give that to the writers or were you just lying as well? For Fuck Sake, you have the season 6 finale have them get booted offscreen with no explanation and now we're getting the next season where the Remane 5 are going to do jack all YET AGAIN FOR THE WHO KNOWS HOW MANY TIMES (it's  9 now) and instead focus on the super magically special unicorn with socialization problems AGAIN. FUCK! 

It's not like Twilight stopped learning new things about friendship even after she became a princess.

Personally, I think it might be more the equivalent of graduating from high school and going on to college for Starlight. Instead of Twilight giving her assignments, this is more about allowing Starlight to be more independent from her.

Sounds good to me, but Starlight still has to remember that Chrysalis is gunning for her, along with the Mane Six and Royal Family as Chrysalis will still want revenge for the Royal Wedding defeat, so not only does Starlight need to stay on her toes, but so do all her friends she's made, both new and old, as well.

Actually, a few years ago on Netflix, the two-part Season 1 premiere episodes had the unofficial titles of "Mare in the Moon" and "Elements of Harmony", respectively. To be honest, calling the episodes by those names makes it clearer that we're talking about the first few episodes and not the show as a whole.

Still, those are just unofficial titles others gave it. In the episodes themselves it's just Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2. And I think when you include Part 1 or 2 when saying FiM, you can probably get from context the person is referring to the series premiere.

Not to contradict you, but I believe the other titles to the Season 1 premiere were Mare in the Moon for Part 1 and Elements of Harmony for Part 2, at least according to what I remember.

PezZejR.png

GuNvlQ9.png

• Brohoof 1

Cannot wait for the Premiere of Season 7!

and Also, I really Loving the New form of Thorax!

and I really surprised that Starlight Glimmer is now Graduating.

and Discord Coming Back? Hell Yeah!

Edited by Zachary

>Hey, a trailer!
>Go to watch it

>its more starlight

>.<

1174520__safe_solo_screencap_meme_edit_i

Thank Faust that Starlight doesn't "graduate" into an outright Princess.

Don't get too ahead of yourself, there's still time for that to happen >.<

I am pretty amused that we go right from "Starlight graduates" to "Starlight has anger issues and tries to fix them with magic"

I might have misread it, but I figured twilight returned and TWILIGHT'S anger got out of control so starlight mind zaps twilight to calm  HER down.

Do we know the friendship map is actually the table, which has only been called the map or the cutie map and never the friendship map? Maybe Twilight was making a paper map to detail past map missions and/or how other places are doing friendship-wise?

Maybe Starlight cast some sort of divining spell on it, hoping to use it as a power source for a spell to tell her what her destiny is (like how she supposedly used it as a power source for her time travel spell) and it dissapears?

• Brohoof 1

Still, those are just unofficial titles others gave it. In the episodes themselves it's just Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2. And I think when you include Part 1 or 2 when saying FiM, you can probably get from context the person is referring to the series premiere.

sig-4833815.PezZejR.png

sig-4833815.GuNvlQ9.png

Okay, okay, you've made your point. Perhaps this is the first time we get two episodes for the premiere where it is not a two-part premiere like in the past six seasons. Still, will be interesting to see how Season 7 goes following these first two episodes regarding Twilight and Starlight with Starlight being entrusted with her own future.

Oh this seems interesting! Honestly, I'm more excited about the fact that the changelings are going to be making an appearance! Despite a lot of people hating the designs, I really love them. It does seem that the focus of Season 7 is going to turn from Twilight over to Starlight a lot more. It'd be interesting if we don't see the Mane 6 as much as we used to and instead see the adventures of Starlight, Thorax, and Trixie. Personally, I'd love that but it'd probably won't happen.

Oh this seems interesting! Honestly, I'm more excited about the fact that the changelings are going to be making an appearance! Despite a lot of people hating the designs, I really love them. It does seem that the focus of Season 7 is going to turn from Twilight over to Starlight a lot more. It'd be interesting if we don't see the Mane 6 as much as we used to and instead see the adventures of Starlight, Thorax, and Trixie. Personally, I'd love that but it'd probably won't happen.

"interesting" being a very choice way to describe that turn of events... :/