Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S7 Preview.

CastletonSnob

Why are the other changelings there? They're not her friends, are they, just because the change?

Heh, they should throw in an awkward moment where one of the new changelings is one of the ones they actually fought during the Canterlot invasion (unlike Thorax who apparently sat on the sidelines).

Maybe the one where Pinkie cries out, "Do me! Do me!" before blasting it with Twilight's rapid-fire horn, and she still somehow manages to recognize them despite not looking like its original self or any of the Mane 6 it impersonated? XD

• Brohoof 5

Wow, wow, wait a minute, thats a bit extreme, i know Twilight has became background ponies since S4, but you cant not just make a new character and replace her,  she should gets more attention like she used to be in S2. Twilight is the soul of this franchise, you can replace the limbs but the soul cannot, it wont be same anymore. 

I think Starlight is a recurring character like Discord and get 3 good quality episodes are good enough. 

We will got Starlight and mane 6. everyone will happy, why replace each other?

I so agree! The opinion that there will be a lot more Starlight this season like it or not -- NONE of that is EVER going to happen. How many times did she appear in Season 6? 10. That's less than half of a season. Two of them, of course, were just cameos, and one was a supporting role.

I mean, think about it, if ALL of the fans saw the show the way only YOU (GlimGlam04) like it, like with the removal of the old Mane Six and Starlight being the new main protagonist for the rest of the entire show, how would THEY feel about that? So, to make things clear, you need to respect other fans' opinions as well as much as yours. If you don't, you could face a lot of consequences.

P.S. Starlight has not been confirmed in the movie.

Edited by FirePuppy

I assume either a villain took it (since there can be one even if not mentioned in the synopsis) or Starlight or someone else did experimental magic to it. Or Discord stole it to be a troll, first to make Twilight graduate Starlight but pushing a big announcement and then showing that she is not ready to make Twilight look bad.

WEll acccording to the clip 

https://youtu.be/7gngkJqgoXE

They did some magic on the table or something.

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but one of my friends posted me this and it partly confirmed my prediction as Starlight being a protagonist or co-protagonist at least, noticed that they used the old logo there. 

Edit: Never mind, it already got posted.

Edited by GlimGlam04

I so agree! The opinion that there will be a lot more Starlight this season like it or not -- NONE of that is EVER going to happen. How many times did she appear in Season 6? 10. That's less than half of a season. Two of them, of course, were just cameos, and one was a supporting role.

I mean, think about it, if ALL of the fans saw the show the way only YOU (GlimGlam04) like it, like with the removal of the old Mane Six and Starlight being the new main protagonist for the rest of the entire show, how would THEY feel about that? So, to make things clear, you need to respect other fans' opinions as well as much as yours. If you don't, you could face a lot of consequences.

P.S. Starlight has not been confirmed in the movie.

When it comes to Starlight and the movie, I think the most likely thing is basically her having a cameo where she goes "blah blah go on your quest, I'll look after Ponyville till you return" or something, you know an acknowledgement of her existence without having to go into her backstory and stuff for newcomers. 

tall.png

Fandom still works really damn fast. 

Ponykind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange

THE NEW SPIN OFF OF FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC: FULL METAL GLIMMER. 

• Brohoof 8

Ehhh... :okiedokieloki:

Starlight has much further to go, and much more work to do. Celestia allowed Twilight to "graduate" only after making tremendous progress. While the Season 6 finale was a good step, I don't see how Twilight could be done teaching. Magic-wise, Starlight has what it takes. Friendship-wise, not so much. She still gives off this vibe of too little self-confidence. Sure, she saved Equestria with a bunch of friends, woo-hoo... But Twilight had to put in so much more work. Granted, that may have been because Celestia was preparing her to join the royal alicorn ranks, but still. Everything is happening too soon.

sig-4834895.tall.png

Fandom still works really damn fast. 

THE NEW SPIN OFF OF FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC: FULL METAL GLIMMER. 

Ponykind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange

LOL! Before I saw what you guys posted here, I commented "Full Metal Pony" over at Youtube for this clip!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Seeing the preview, I've got to say this looks pretty interesting. I like how Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord are wearing those heart necklaces. I wonder if they are necklaces are for saving Twilight and the others, as well as stopping Chrysalis. I was really surprised when Twilight said she was done teaching Starlight. It honestly felt weird because I felt there could be more lessons. It felt more fitting if they did this preview scene at the end of the season, or something like that. Discord was also pretty funny and I wonder what it would be like for him and Starlight to be roommates. All in all, the preview was pretty awesome and I can't wait for the new season.

They warned Starlight not to perform pony transmutation...

Ya gotta say this about us: we don't mess around!

The funny thing about the meme about it representing FMA is that I honestly could see alot of stuff from FMA existing in the MLP world easily-- We have prosthetic metal limbs as canon already with Apocalypse dash, so automail would work, and we already have magical universities like Celestia's like how there's government alchemists in FMA.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but one of my friends posted me this and it partly confirmed my prediction as Starlight being a protagonist or co-protagonist at least, noticed that they used the old logo there. 

Edit: Never mind, it already got posted.

How does it confirm your prediction?

How does it confirm your prediction?

The fact that she was featured heavily in the two trailers not to mention that the S7 stuff got released long after everything else got released and it doesn't look like Twilight is going to be in a protagonist role no more for half of the season.

The fact that she was featured heavily in the two trailers not to mention that the S7 stuff got released long after everything else got released and it doesn't look like Twilight is going to be in a protagonist role no more for half of the season.

That doesn't mean Starlight should just take over the WHOLE show for the rest of the entire series. I can't even imagine seeing nopony but "reformed villains" completely being the new main characters during that whole time.

In fact, I strongly doubt that the president of Hasbro Studios would just order every single writer to make a Starlight Glimmer episode. And yet, all you seem to care about is Starlight and her own pals (even though I warned you many times) and you still don't agree with any of the other fans' thoughts about her. Well, I'm just gonna say that the majority of us still think that the Mane Six will stay alive this season, and that Episode 3 and the next few episodes of this season will NOT even be Starlight episodes.

That doesn't mean Starlight should just take over the WHOLE show for the rest of the entire series. I can't even imagine seeing nopony but "reformed villains" completely being the new main characters during that whole time.

In fact, I strongly doubt that the president of Hasbro Studios would just order every single writer to make a Starlight Glimmer episode. And yet, all you seem to care about is Starlight and her own pals (even though I warned you many times) and you still don't agree with any of the other fans' thoughts about her. Well, I'm just gonna say that the majority of us still think that the Mane Six will stay alive this season, and that Episode 3 and the next few episodes of this season will NOT even be Starlight episodes.

You're just stating your opinion and your hate on Starlight and you don't think Starlight fans opinions matter, from what I am seeing, a lot of people are looking forward to more Starlight as seen on this site, EG Daily, Twitter, Youtube, etc.

Yeah, majority, more like minority but very vocal, they just can't accept the fact that the show can't keep recycling ideas from previous episodes or it will go stale and otherwise end on a bad note, besides what is wrong with change these days. Why don't you wait until the premiere airs before you start stating your opinion, why did you think we didn't get a typical finale this season.

How does everyone figure that Shadowlock's arc from the comics will tie into the season? (since they said the comic would tie in directly to the S7 plot)

its possible he's the villain, and its also possible he's COMPLETELY unrelated to the plot and S7's plot is instead about equestria's history (and Shadowlock's "related" to the S7 plot in that his plan involves the history of equestria as well and information)

I have seen a few theories about shadowlock, but who is he really?

And here's something that just hit me...what if that dark dimension they're opening up leads to the return of...this guy...

sig-4838542.grogar_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpe

Well G1 Tirek making a return to MLP in season 4 did go over well, so seeing Grogar show up in FIM could be interesting to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Waiting for someone to make a fic about Starlight and Sunburst based off the S7 premiere, altthough that circle is a little bit more runic rather than alchemical, that is still one of the coolest fandom photos I have ever seen.