Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Top Ten Favorite Videogames

ChocolateCrane

Did you ever play Ultimate Mayhem? It's 4 Mayhem plus the Worms 3D campaign plus some new stuff. Only drawback I know of is that they changed the music but otherwise it's awesome. 

No, i havent played that one yet, i played trough every console part up to the Wii Games. But i dont have a Wii yet and currently i mostly buy older Consoles, so...my Worms playtrough has to wait. But i will definitely buy it on Ps3 at some point.

Ha ha ha ! You can give your favorite games, don't worry, that's the topic of this thread after all.

*GASPS* Woah ! I enjoyed this game ! Even though I had a lot of troubles to complete it when I was younger. But still a very good game.

I think the only reason I even heard of this game is from Game Grumps. :D

Are you referring to me "not backing up my argument" the fact that two more people can play on the console should be enough as it is, and in simplicity I did explain, N64 had the liberty of not being crowded with garbage titles... I enjoyed the original tekken games and a spyro game on ps1, but I couldnt count toes and fingers in equivalence with 64 titles, countless nights after being out all day in the summer.. n64 was a very rewarding console, and if you can call a 64 controller awkward, how are you fairing with the wii pad?? the graphics n64 is 64 bits... ps1 is 32.... everything about n64 is superior, just literally.... not even by my opinion...

PS: "subjective evidence"... isnt evidence, its graphically inferior with titles that didnt sell nearly as well on a console that can only allow two players rather than 4, and less multi player games as a whole...

and double PS, no, it didnt age better at all, that is why DK64, Mario 64 are best sellers on eshop, and now even Rare Replay tries to recapture the elements of when a great company once reigned before they drifted to far from the original formula... Yooka Laylee is coming out for a reason, Nuts and Bolts is what ended the Banjo Kazooie franchise, not that fact that it didnt age well

Also.... sorry wasnt done... yet again, using the term cancer on the internet is like, i have come to find more or less supposed to be a humorous transaction of opinion, or used sarcastically, i didnt call you cancer, i didnt call your favorite games cancer, I called somehow putting the ps1 above n64 cancer, n64 fan boy... yes accurate... n64 being superior to ps1 in every way shape and form also accurate.. it wasnt an arrogant or evil or menacing statement...

I went into this, hoping that you would react and respond with grace and intelligence. You didn't.

First, when you started trying to "back up" your opinion, you immediately went towards the fact that the N64 can have 2 more players at any given time, despite the fact that you then later use SM64 as an example to back up the point of the N64 having a great library. Even though it has absolutely no multiplayer of any sort. Thus completely going against the point you were trying to make with your very first argument. Also, you seem to believe that a good console is defined by multiplayer and how many players can join in to enjoy the fun. Sure, having the ability to be able to have more players than your competition is good although it is nowhere close to a selling point.

How am I enjoying the Wii Pad? Great, thanks for asking. Much more than I have ever enjoyed the N64 controller.

Also, yes any old idiot can tell that the N64 is a 64 bit console and that the PS1 is a 32 bit one. And? Why does that matter? Graphics don't make a game in any sort of capacity and, in fact you are being a gigantic hypocrite here. If we want to go by the logic that graphics automatically make a console superior over another, then doesn't that mean that the N64 sucks by today's standards?

I also find it funny how you then proceed to lecture me about the sales of the 2 consoles. Despite the fact that the PS1 sold over 3 times the unit of the N64. Why do keep making a claim, only for you to correct yourself later on? If you're going to have a debate with me about which is the better console, at the very least make sure that you argument actually makes sense.

And, it only gets better. In your hilariously witty P.S, you claim that subjective evidence isn't evidence. And, I might have been willing to listen to you if not for the fact that you completely correct yourself in your own comment. You state that the N64 is a very rewarding console, despite the fact that I, and many other people completely disagree with that statement. Do you know what that is typically labelled as Einstein? Subjective evidence. In fact, this happens to be a recurring theme with your response. When you say that the N64 has aged better than the PS1. It really hasn't for a start, but more importantly this is once again an occurrence of subjective evidence. I don't want to have to spell it out for you, but ( and I'm going to highlight this ), ANY SORT OF EVIDENCE THAT INVOLVES AN OPINION OF SOME FORM IS SUBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.

You then proceed to ramble on about Rare Replay and about how it " tried to recapture" what made Rare great in the first place. Yes, and you want to know why? Because it is literally just a series of ports from one console to another. It literally could not have done anything else to screw itself up. Yes, Yooka-Laylee is coming out for a reason. To revive a type of video game that has long been forgotten. This......is a great point to make actually. Oh, no, I beg my pardon. What I meant to say is that it WOULD have been a great point, if only you hadn't missed multiple vital points. 1) Firstly, yes, they are going to try to revive ( or at least sort of ) the genre of 3D platform games from the 1990s. Only better. In every single way. Brought up to the present day's standards. Because releasing this game in the exact same way as they did back then would not be acceptable, and would lead to complaints. This alone shows that these games have aged in some sort of capacity. 2) Yes, the genre was mostly notable for it's releases on the N64, but it also had releases on the PS1 as well. The Spyro trilogy are all 3D platformers too, of the same nature, and yet I find it funny how you failed to mention those games. How convenient. Rare does not own the genre of open-world, expansive 3D platform games. Just saying.

As for your final argument on the matter, you REALLY lost sight of your argument with this one. " I didn't call you or favourite games cancer, I called you putting the PS1 over the N64 cancer." Despite the fact that I never even brought up the PS1 until after you called my opinions cancer, and YES you still did do the almost the exact same thing that you are claiming that you didn't. How is claiming that you were not calling me or my favourite games cancer somehow okay to use as one of your arguments, but calling one of my other opinions cancer is somehow completely different? They both consist to you arrogantly putting down what I think, just because you THINK that your opinion is the right one. It wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference if you had said that my favourite games were cancer, the same principle and logic still applies. So that argument is invalid.

As for claiming that it was not an arrogant ( even though it quite blatantly is ), evil, or menacing statement, I never suggested that you were either of the latter 2 in any of my posts.

I don't think that you are an evil person. I just think that you are completely oblivious to the concept of opinions, you can't handle people pointing out really obvious faults with what you personally think is the best, and that you can't structure a competent argument to save your life. I get it. You are probably a nice person with a variety of flaws.

I'll just highlight every line that is utterly silly and incorrect and proceed to acknowledge you have no idea what you are even talking about and are just gushing at this point. Which is OK since i see it all the time and am pretty used to it.

But I will say if you think NO ONE is playing PS1 games anymore you really need a massive reality check. Seriously, fact checking is not very hard these days. Now quit derailing the thread to defend and attack systems long dead and buried.

Thank you! Finally! Somebody who can agree with what B.S that this is. Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

I went into this, hoping that you would react and respond with grace and intelligence. You didn't.

First, when you started trying to "back up" your opinion, you immediately went towards the fact that the N64 can have 2 more players at any given time, despite the fact that you then later use SM64 as an example. Even though it has absolutely no multiplayer of any sort. Also, if you believe that a good console is defined by multiplayer and how many players can join in to enjoy the fun. Sure, having the ability to be able to have more players than your competition is good, it is nowhere near a selling point.

How am I enjoying the Wii Pad? Great, thanks for asking. Much more than I have ever enjoyed the N64 controller.

Also, yes any old idiot can tell that the N64 is a 64 bit console and that the PS1 is a 32 bit one. And? Why does that matter? Graphics don't make a game in any sort of capacity and, in fact you are being a gigantic hypocrite here. If we want to go by the logic that graphics automatically make a console superior then doesn't that mean that the N64 sucks by today's standards?

I also find it funny how you then proceed to lecture me about the sales of the 2 consoles. Despite the fact that the PS1 sold over 3 times the unit of the N64. Why do keep making a claim, only for you to correct yourself later on? If you're going to have a debate with me about which is the better console, at the very least make sure that you argument actually makes sense.

And, it only gets better. In your hilariously witty P.S, you claim that subjective evidence isn't evidence. And, I might have been willing to listen to you if not for the fact that you completely correct yourself in your own comment. You state that the N64 is a very rewarding console, despite the fact that I, and many other people completely disagree with that. Do you know what that is typically labelled as Einstein? Subjective evidence. In fact, this happens to be a recurring theme with your response. When you say that the N64 has aged better than the PS1. It really hasn't for a start, but more importantly this is once again an occurrence of subjective evidence. I don't want to have to spell it out for you, but ( and I'm going to highlight this ), ANY SORT OF EVIDENCE THAT INVOLVES AN OPINION OF SOME FORM IS SUBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.  

You then proceed to ramble on about Rare Replay and about how it " tried to recapture" what made Rare great in the first place. Yes, and you want to know why? Because it is literally just a series of ports from one console to another. It literally could not have done anything else. Yooka-Laylee is coming out for a reason. To revive a type of video game that has long been forgotten. This......is a great point to make actually. Oh, no, I beg my pardon. What I meant to say is that it WOULD have been a great point, if only you hadn't missed multiple vital points. 1) Firstly, yes, they are going to try to revive ( or at least sort of ) the genre of 3D platform games from the 1990s. Only better. In every single way. Brought up to the present day's standards. Because releasing this game in the exact same way as they back then would not be acceptable, and would lead to complaints. This alone shows that these games have aged. 2) Yes, the genre was mostly notable for it's releases on the N64, but it also had releases on the PS1 as well. The Spyro trilogy are all 3D platformers too, of the same nature, and yet I find it funny how you failed to mention those games. How convenient. Rare does not own the genre of open-world, expansive 3D platform games. Just saying.

As for your final argument on the matter, you REALLY lost sight of your argument with this one. " I didn't call you or favourite games cancer, I called you putting the PS1 over the N64 cancer." Despite the fact that I never even brought up the PS1 until after you called my opinions cancer, and YES you still did do the almost the exact same thing that you are claiming that you didn't. How is claiming that you were not calling me or my favourite games cancer somehow okay to use as one of your arguments, but calling one of my other opinions cancer is somehow completely different? They both consist to you arrogantly putting down what I think, just because you THINK that your opinion is the right one. It wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference if you had said that my favourite games were cancer, the same principle and logic still applies. So that argument is invalid. 

As for claiming that it was not an arrogant ( even though it quite blatantly is ), evil, or menacing statement, I never suggested that you were either of the latter 2 in any of my posts.

I don't think that you are an evil person. I just think that you are completely oblivious to the concept of opinions, you can't handle people pointing out really obvious faults with what you personally think is the best, and that you can't structure a competent argument to save your life. I get it. You are probably a nice person with a variety of flaws. 

We have a difference of opinion, it is that simple, sorry I am focusing on what objectively makes the console better, there may be things among gamers that objectively make it worse, but those things dont have anything to do with console interface however. I am not going to rip nails trying to get you to admit n64 is better... we just have a difference of opinion, but I mean successful video game and console sales aside, there are just certain interface capabilities that one has... and the other, does not...

We have a difference of opinion, it is that simple, sorry I am focusing on what objectively makes the console better, there may be things among gamers that objectively make it worse, but those things dont have anything to do with console interface however. I am not going to rip nails trying to get you to admit n64 is better... we just have a difference of opinion, but I mean successful video game and console sales aside, there are just certain interface capabilities that one has... and the other, does not...

Thank you for saying that. I appreciate it. Except for that last part, but I'll ignore that. We are both just passionate about our opinions, and passion is what leads to us being individuals. Let's just pretend that this silly argument never happened.

• Brohoof 1

My personal top 10 in random order:

1. Heroes of Might and Magic III

2. Disciples 2

3. Eador New Horizons

4. The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2

5. Skyrim

6. FIFA 2005-2008

7. Gothic

8. King’s Bounty Warrior of the North

9. Tekken 3

10. Age of Mythology

This is a reminder for everyone that differing opinions do not entitle you to attack or insult members. The most recent argument came dangerously close to breaking our "Love & Tolerate" policy. You can be civil and still passionately disagree with each other.

Feel free to send me PM if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Deus Ex (2000) (PC)

2. Half Life (1998) (PC)

3. Unreal Tournament (1999) (PC)

4. GTA: San Andreas (2004) (PS2)

5. Timesplitters 2 (2002) (PS2)

6. Spyro The Dragon (1998) (PS1)

7. Colony Wars (1997) (PS1)

8. Populous: The Beginning (1998) (PC)

9. C&C: Red Alert (1996) (PC)

10: Wipeout 2097 (1996) (PS1)

Honorable Mentions: Civilization IV (2005), Final Fantasy VII (1997), Command & Conquer (1995), C&C: Red Alert 2 (2000), Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002), Quake III Arena (1999), Gran Turismo (1997), Beyond Good & Evil (2003)

Drawn to Life the Next Chapter

Pokemon Moon

Epic Mickey

Sonic Colors

Kid Icarus Uprising

Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds

Super Smash Brothers Melee/ Smash 4

Animal Crossing New Leaf

1. Super Smash Bros Brawl/Melee (I really can't decide between the two.)

2. Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (GameCube)

3. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

4. Bloodborne (PS4)

5. Bully (PS2)

6. Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom (GameCube)

7. Metroid Prime (GameCube)

8. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Wii)

9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)

10. Super Mario Bros (NES)

Honorable Mentions

Spoiler

-Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie/Donkey Kong 64 (N64)

-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)

-Wrestlemania XIX (GameCube)

-Fallout 4 (PS4)

-ATV Offroad Fury 4 (PS2)

-War of the Monsters (PS2)

-Rampage: Total Destruction (GameCube/Wii)

-Team Fortress 2 (PC)

-Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies (PS2)

Edited by (-_-) Panzysoldat
  • Brohoof 1

1. GoldenEye 007

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

3. Rock Band 3

4. Tony Hawk's UnderGround

5. Mario Party 7

6. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

7. Halo 2

8. Spyro The Dragon

9. Conker's Bad Fur Day

10. Crash N' Burn

On 3/15/2017 at 8:24 PM, ThunderCrush said:

1)Megaman Zero

2)Megaman Battle Network 5

^This guy has good taste.

My favorite games are:

1. OneShot
  2. Mega Man Battle Network 4
  3. Nuclear Throne
  4. Metroid Fusion
  5. Kirby Super Star Ultra
  6. Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
  7. Cave Story
  8. Freedom Planet
  9. Undertale
  10. In The Groove 2

1.Red Dead Redemption

2.Metro Redux (both remastered)

3.Half Life 2 + the other episodes

4.Fallout 4 and New Vegas

5.Deus Ex Human Revolution

6.Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

7.Assassins Creed 2

8. Unturned

9.Warframe

10.Deus Ex Mankind Divided

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...
  1. Stardew Valley
  2. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  3. New Super Mario Bros.
  4. Mario Kart DS
  5. Pokemon Platinum
  6. Terraria
  7. Streets of Rage 2
  8. Team Fortress 2
  9. Garry's Mod
  10. 100% Orange Juice

1. Super Metroid

2. Metroid Prime

3. Ultimate Doom

4. Dark Souls

5. Sonic 3

6. Zelda Majora's Mask

7. Baldur's Gate 2

8. Super Mario World

9. GTA: SA

10. Quake 1

On 3/15/2017 at 8:41 PM, Nerdy Luigi said:

My top ten (So mainstream... Though, I'll do it) of all time:

01. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (My new number 1! The soundtrack encouraged me to raise it.)

02. Team Fortress 2 (If only the End of the Line update NEVER HAPPENED...)

03. Borderlands (I demoted it, because I was thinking about the design choices that were made... Lazy ones, specifically. *cough cough* 2nd play through *cough cough*)

04. Super Mario 64 (I prefer the DS remake)

05. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Almost makes me want to watch Anime...)

06. Kirby Super Star (In my opinion, Ultra is better than the original. May be because the DS was my main console of nostalgia (Though I broke like 3 of them...).)

07. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 (Have yet to play Sky though)

08. Banjo-Kazooie (Rusty Bucket Bay (Weegee has fury!))

09. Super Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U is better, though I think the 3DS version's good too)

10. Halo 3 (Believe it or not, it did help me through a fairly difficult time...)

List will be similar to this one, but I'll make a few edits.

01. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

02. Team Fortress 2

03. Borderlands

04. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (Didn't think about adding it at the time, but I have to say it shaped my childhood.)

05. Kirby Super Star Ultra (Slight change of opinion)

06. Super Mario 64 DS

07. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

08. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Lowered a little ways)

09. Banjo-Kazooie

10. Final Fantasy IV (Probably the most underrated of the Final Fantasy games to be honest)

Honorable Mentions:

• Super Smash Bros. 4 (Really only played it for a short time)
  • Halo 3 (Was a bit too sentimental about it.)
  • Gex 2 
  • Contact DS

It's a hard list for me to make...

1. The Sims 3 (PC)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Animal Crossing New Leaf
4. Animal Crossing (GCN)
5. Pokemon Crystal
6. Paper Mario (N64)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. Pokemon Black/White
9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
10. Kingdom Hearts II

I hate to put an EA game as my #1. Especially one where EA went all-out with incredibly greedy money-making methods and I honestly complained about the game a lot during its lifespan for that and a lack of features from TS2. However, the end product (with some mods and custom content) is, I don't want to say perfect, but very close to what I really want in a video game. And there will be nothing that can even come close to surpassing it as long as EA is stuck on the stagnant backsliding that is The Sims 4.

• Brohoof 1

Top 10 hmmm.... ok

10) - Mega Man X

9) - Resident Evil 4

8) - Batman Arkham City

7) - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

6) - Bioshock (2007)

5) - Psychonauts

4) - Mass Effect 3 (Extended Cut)

3) - Banjo Tooie

2) - Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time

1) - Bloodborne

• Brohoof 2

1) Fallout 3
2) Overwatch
3) Rocket League
4) Subnautica
5) Dark Souls III
6) Minecraft
7) Undertale
8) Cuphead
9) Tom Clancy's The Division
10) Destiny 2

(All PC version of course :D)

Edited by Mys7ic
Added more information
  • Brohoof 1

1. Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

2. Undertale

3. Super Paper Mario

4. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

5. Star Wars Battlefront II (the one from 2005)

6. Gran Turismo 4

7. Halo 4

8. Animal Crossing Wild World

9. Super Mario World

10. Final Fantasy IV

What is it with me often loving the fourth game in a series? :blink: #1 is the fourth in its franchise, as are #6, #7, and #10. And #9 was released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 4.

Honorable mentions for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, and NASCAR Thunder 2004.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

1. Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

2. Undertale

3. Super Paper Mario

4. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

5. Star Wars Battlefront II (the one from 2005)

6. Gran Turismo 4

7. Halo 4

8. Animal Crossing Wild World

9. Super Mario World

10. Final Fantasy IV

What is it with me often loving the fourth game in a series? :blink: #1 is the fourth in its franchise, as are #6, #7, and #10. And #9 was released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 4.

Honorable mentions for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, and NASCAR Thunder 2004.

I always wondered why they changed the name to 'Super Mario World'.

• Brohoof 1

This tends to change for me with time but at the moment:

1. Master of Magic

2. Civilization V

3. Deus Ex

4. Overwatch

5. Ultima 7

6. Prey (2017)

7. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

8. Final Fantasy 6

9. Divinity: Original Sin  Divinity: Original Sin 2

10. Super Mario 3

Honorable mentions go to the rest of the Ultima series, Super Mario 2, Heroes of the Storm, Alpha Centauri, Half-Life, the Baldur's Gate series, Divinity: Original Sin, Total War: Warhammer, Link to the Past, Dawn of War, System Shock 2, FTL, Portal, Mario Cart 64, Starcraft, Total Annihilation, Master of Orion 2, the various X-Coms and anything I may have forgot about.

Edited by Twilight Dirac
  • Brohoof 1