Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Collectors of Quills and Trinkets (1x1 with Glacies Frost)

Alex Van Gamer

[Link to OOC]

alex_van_gamer_banner_by_alex_van_gamer-

@@Glacies Frost,

It was bright and sunny morning and walking down one of the main streets of Ponyville was a grey and blue styled Diamond Dog named Alex. Currently, the canine's best friend was off visiting his hometown and distant family up in Manehatten, so she decided to simply enjoy a leisurely stroll around town, a bone-shaped sugar cookie in her paw that she'd purchased fresh from Sugar Cube Corner.

She wasn't quite sure what her plans were going to be for the day. Aside from possibly playing a few games at the arcade, but that was never quiet as fun to do on her own...

Alex took a bite from her sugary treat as she glanced around at the other morning ponies going about their daily routines. Fairly similar to that of her home town... minus the constant digging, arguing and gem collecting of course. A change she much well preferred to be honest.

@@Alex Van Gamer,

The quill tapped upon the table rapidly as the young unicorn looked out over Ponyville with a quizzical expression. It had been ages since he'd managed to sit down and actually write out his notes. He tapped with increasing speed as he considered how best to word this next paragraph. 

Ponyville is unique, he wrote. Of all the towns I've come across in my travels of Equestria, the balance between the pony races it seen at its best here. The ponies of this town, while having their disagreements for the most part get along and merely attempt to live day to day as best they can, often with one another's help. Everyone here knows each other and is willing to help each other. It's quite interesting, to say the least. Even in Manehattan, as diverse as it is, tends to have problems with ponies keeping mostly to their own cliques. Here, that appears to be much less of a problem, perhaps due to the smaller size of this town compared to that sprawling metropolis.

Glacies brought his quill to his chin and tapped the feather against it lightly. The sapphire along the shaft shone brightly as the sun's rays caught it just right. The unicorn smiled and twirled the writing implement in the air before him, admiring the craftsmanship. He had spent a pretty bit on this particular quill, but the owner of the shop had assured him that it wouldn't split easily, as it had been gilded in silver. 

He smiled as he put his pen back to the paper and continued to write. He had to complete the research paper to earn his pay, after all. It wouldn't do to keep the Head Professor of Equestrian Culture waiting on his field report.

@@Glacies Frost

As luck would have it, the young canine just so happened to catch sight of the glint of the quill's sapphire jewel. And, being the Diamond Dog she was, her first natural instinct would be to gravitate to such a shiny object. With ears perked up and eager, wide eyes, Alex found herself dropping her sugar cookie and sitting beside the stallion's table in mere moments paws gripping the edge of the table and her tail wagging excitably behind her.

"Ohmygosh-ohmygosh-ohmygosh! Is that a Sapphire encrusted Quill!?" Alex said out loud, trying hard not to squeal with delight. Her sudden attraction towards the quill in question made her completely forget about making any sort of proper introduction.

As such, the canine wasn't really expecting an answer to her question, disregarding the unicorn she had so rudely interrupted from his work, her eyes fixated with the small item before her. "I didn't know ponies did that sort of thing with their gems too! That's so weird, but it's so pretty at the same time!"

@@Alex Van Gamer,

Glacies watched with a somewhat bemused expression as his personal space was heavily violated by a canine, a diamond dog if he wasn’t mistaken. He laid the quill on the table next to his journal and looked the young lady in the eyes, though hers may have still been fixated on the quill.

His brow furrowed in a frown as he thought about how best to approach this situation. It was evident that the other being at the table had somehow gravitated toward his quill.

Of course! he realized after a moment. It’s the sapphire. Diamond dogs are notorious for their love of gems. The more carats and precise the cut, the better. At least, that’s what I’ve heard.

“Excuse me, miss...” he eventually said, hoping to get her attention. “I can’t help but notice that you’re staring at my quill. But yes, many ponies do use gems to create works such as this, usually for the sake of standing out or identifying their personality through their choice of tools, clothing, or other style.”

He chuckled for a moment before putting his hoof forward, hoping to shake the young girl’s paw. “Name’s Glacies, by the way.”