Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general College/School subjects you HATE

CosmicHooves

Shop class was a nightmare for me – literally, I've had a few unpleasant dreams about it all these years later. :please: I was absolutely useless at it, the teacher was awful and didn't even want to help me... and worst of all, the air and smells gave me a headache pretty much every time we had it (which was just once a week but even that was too much). And PE was terrible too, though I didn't hate it quite as much. Two of the things I miss the least about school! :P

• Brohoof 3

HATE...

-Algebra; it confuses me at times, so my only go-to would be Personal Finance, which I'm lucky my school offers that subject. Other than that, I try to avoid it as much as I can.

-English; because I already speak that language fluently and I can also do an English (British) accent as well. Plus, I hate the projects and presentations we have to do, but oh well...

-Chemistry; because I don't have the time to spend on studying every single tile on the periodical table and I had very poor performance in that subject back in 8th grade

-P.E.; well, it wasn't too bad. Probably my most favorite out of the rest I listed on here. Back in 9th grade, I got a spirit of the year award from my P.E. teacher for being dedicated towards the subject. After the award, I just stopped trying. Lol. But it's not a bad experience :) 

Edited by Tylad

In all honesty, all the subjects were interesting, but the way the schools force you to learn facts all for the sake of a grade spoils it. Self guided learning is probably the most rewarding and authentic learning you could possibly do.

Although despite that, English was by far my worst subject. writing an essay about a book or movie i could couldn't give less than a fuck about is beyond me

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WhimsicalEngineer said:

In all honesty, all the subjects were interesting, but the way the schools force you to learn facts all for the sake of a grade spoils it. Self guided learning is probably the most rewarding and authentic learning you could possibly do.

Although despite that, English was by far my worst subject. writing an essay about a book or movie i could couldn't give less than a fuck about is beyond me

I don’t like writing about dumb books either, but I’ve always had a passion for it. Plus, most of the English teachers I’ve had explain things well. Sometimes they overdo it, but it’s better than not explaining at all (like my geometry teacher :eww:)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ExplosionMare said:

I don’t like writing about dumb books either, but I’ve always had a passion for it. Plus, most of the English teachers I’ve had explain things well. Sometimes they overdo it, but it’s better than not explaining at all (like my geometry teacher :eww:)

Haha fair enough, English teachers do have a thing of taking a message out of a movie/book that was never there to begin with :scoots:. From my experience it does seem as though STEM teachers explain science topics very poorly. They can explain the simple stuff, but when it becomes complicated. they just default to the "oh well the math says so". I came to this class to learn about the physics/chemistry behind it, not to take another algebra class goddammit! :lostit:

It usually depended on which teacher I had in the subject, but there was a few subjects I never liked.

Religion: it was just boring, uninteresting and insignificant for me.

Sports: I was always bad at sports in the school and it was for me a totally redundant subject.

Arts: The subject is not that bad, but I mostly had bad teachers in it and the grading was usually subjective.

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, IronM17 said:

It usually depended on which teacher I had in the subject, but there was a few subjects I never liked.

Religion: it was just boring, uninteresting and insignificant for me.

Sports: I was always bad at sports in the school and it was for me a totally redundant subject.

Arts: The subject is not that bad, but I mostly had bad teachers in it and the grading was usually subjective.

I was okay with learning about religions outside my own, but learning about my own was boring and a little over the top.

• Brohoof 1

Math. Math. Math. Math.

despised math in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college. I have always sucked at it no matter what I did to try and understand it better. I could just never grasp it. I failed two math classes in high school and had to retake them in summer school. I even failed the summer school classes! I am no good at math. I can barely multiply and don't even get me started on division. That might as well be a foreign language to me.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Venomous said:

Math. Math. Math. Math.

despised math in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college. I have always sucked at it no matter what I did to try and understand it better. I could just never grasp it. I failed two math classes in high school and had to retake them in summer school. I even failed the summer school classes! I am no good at math. I can barely multiply and don't even get me started on division. That might as well be a foreign language to me.

Finally someone understands what it’s like to see math as a foreign language. People keep telling me it’s universal but if it was we would all be good at it.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

I also didnt like math at all, but public speaking is so much worse. I'm fine giving out a speech in public (even the zero times I've done it) but the class activities were so cringe and bullshit. Such a waste of time, hate that most colleges require it.

• Brohoof 2

Math was definitely the worst one for me. I passed all of my classes though, but I did not do too good beyond that. I also really hated Chemistry, the teacher was a buffoon who was extremely condescending towards me and other people's beliefs. 

Gen Ed classes unrelated to the particular field of study in college feel very pointless. What’s the point of taking classes you just know you won’t need? It isn’t so much hate as it is annoyance since those “required” classes still cost money.

English. I used to be a prolific writer, but once I got into AP Lang & Comp I got so bored. I'm a senior now so I don't take it anymore, but English still sucks. I actually got the harshest grading teacher of my year, just my luck.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Anything that got to do with science and math. Most of the professors are dogshit and just about everything how they run the class to teach is just as shitty as their personality. It is what killed my sparks and passion for science, mainly for Chemistry.  I want to learn NOT to crawl on my stomach just to pass these classes. College is shit and useless anyway.  It's only there for people to show off the degree they've accomplished like little monkeys they are when all that 99% you learned and wasted your damn money on for undergrad college isn't going to be utilized for the real world. 

• 7 months later...