Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Long Journey (1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/163819-a-long-journey-ooc-1x1-between-c-thunder-dash-and-raven-rawne/#entry4834332

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Appleloosa. A nice town, if you hate everything modern that is. Natural Order didn't, but she still liked coming for a few days every now and then. Despite it's size and rather large population, it was quiet enough, and she had some good business partners who bought her wares. There were also workshops offering more traditional services, which was also very beneficial - some of her stuff wasn't really availible in stores...

She was just leaving said settlement, after a few days of stay in a local hotel and reveling in all the creature comforts it could provide. The mint mare was walking North, towing her wagon, seemingly in defiance of logic - she looked like the type that can barely lift a teacup, and an empty one too. Yet, despite the frail appearance, Natural Order walked effortlessly, her chocolate mane and tail bobbing rhytmically as she moved. With the trademark green hat and a pipe in her teeth, she was ready to go whevever she wanted.

And right now, she wanted to go North, up to Hollow Shades, to gather some medicinal herbs that would bring her a nice bag of coin.

Edited by Raven Rawne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Raven Rawne,

Nitro Spark was riding the dirt in his souped-up F-150 SVT Raptor, decked out with it's lifted suspension, tiger vinyl wrap and other modifications. His windows were down and he was dressed in his old west gear. He was driving past Apploosa to head north to check on a secret garage some of his high performance cars were stashed at. He noticed a mare who seemed to be just leaving. He gave a short blow of his train horns to get her attention. 

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare was busy with the fine art of daydreaming as she walked, until a loud noise assaulted her ears. With a jump and without any thought, she unhooked herself from the harness and jumped back on the wagon's front step, grabbing her crossbow. Only when she was locked and loaded and panning the landscape with narrowed ears did she realise what she was doing. With a sigh and a facehoof, she pointed the crossbow down as the source of the noise was readily seen - some of those atrocious machines, cars they were called.

As Natural removed the bolt and released the trigger for a dry shot, only to put her stuff back where it was a moment later, she shouted at the driver. "What is it?! Am I blocking your way or something?!" A pity her pipe was laying in the dirt, it's contents all but wasted.

@@Raven Rawne,

Nitro pulled up beside the mare, seeing the crossbow she had. He wasn't phased. "Miss, you look like you could use a ride with that wagon on your back. My truck's got enough room for storage in the back. So how about it, want a ride?" Nitro asked as he turned off his truck and awaited  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare glanced at her mobile home, then back at the stallion, and shrugged. She replied, tugging at her ponytail awkwardly. "I uhh, nah, I'm fine. Thankd. Aaaand, sorry for yelling. You startled me with that horn...

He seemed nice, but mom gave her that crossbow for a reason. Besides, it's not like he could take the whole wagon on this thing's back.

@@Raven Rawne,

"It's alright, and are you sure? How many miles are you travelling?" Nitro asked as he looked at all the contents on the mare's wagon. It looked pretty heavy and if this mare was going north, she could have quite the challenge hauling that wagon. Nitro's truck with it's 800hp supercharged 7.5 litre V8 engine could get them pretty far. Nitro's gas tank was full as well. 

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Natural Order hopped off the wagon's step and picked up her pipe. The fire died out but some of the tobacco was still there...

"Hollow Shades. There are some good spots to pick wild herbs there, Besides, I tend to pick things and jobs on the road as I go. I'm a travelling type, you see. Always on the road." She decided to smile to the stallion, to show she appreciated his offer. "And where are you going, if I may ask? We're rather far from the areas I see those..." She pointed at the car.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Natural Order hopped off the wagon's step and picked up her pipe. The fire died out but some of the tobacco was still there...

"Hollow Shades. There are some good spots to pick wild herbs there, Besides, I tend to pick things and jobs on the road as I go. I'm a travelling type, you see. Always on the road." She decided to smile to the stallion, to show she appreciated his offer. "And where are you going, if I may ask? We're rather far from the areas I see those..." She pointed at the car.

"I'm headed close to Hallow Shades. I have a secret garage there with some cars I gotta do maintainence on. I'm also quite the traveling pony. I'm a street racer so I race all around the roads and hills of Equestria. It's a lot of fun." Nitro explained as he made sure his coolant was full.

@@C. Thunder Dash

The mare cocked her head in curiosity. "Secret garage? And I thought I know those parts well enough... Heh, now I'm curious what I missed there. Now I sometimes travel with other ponies, but usually at my pace."

Natural looked over her pipe again,  and pouted slightly, then said: "Okay, if you think you can hook my wagon safely to  your car, I wouldn't mind some company,  I guess. Just, please, drive slowly, okay? It's not meant for speeds. Of course, I'll secure the stuff inside."

@@Raven Rawne,

"My truck's bed has plenty of room. I'll strap it down. I've got the best tiedowns to ensure it will stay tight during our trip." Nitro said as he opened a slit in his truck bed and pulled out a ramp. He then fluttered up and into the truckbed and gently pulled the wagon up and into it. It was a perfect fit. Nitro then got his straps and strapped the wagon down tightly, using a ratchet to tighten the bolts. He then tested it. "There! See? Tight as a spellbound rope." He said.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Natural Order still had some doubts, and they were clearly painted on her face, but she nodded and went to the back of her wagon, holding the big crossbow and a quiver of bolts, opened the doors and said to the pegasus - "Please give me a moment to check if anything won't make a mess in there." She went inside the enclosed space.

There were some sounds of rattling things, the window shutters were checked to make sure they won't open, and after five minutes or son, the came out, this time without the pipe, or her weaponry. The hat also stayed inside, revealing her chocolate mane, combed back and tied into a ponytail. The mare closed the doors and jumped off the step.

"Alright, seems it's secure as it can be. I'll align it for loading." Natural wen to the harness and walked a circle aroug the truck in order to bring the wagon straight towards the ramp, then passed it to the pegasus who loaded it up. Once it was tightly secured, the mare recalled something and held a hoof into the air. "Wait! I don't even know your name! Uhh, sorry, I'm Natural Order. You? Kinda weird to just let a strange stallion load up my mobile home without even asking his name..."

@@Raven Rawne,

"The name's Nitro Spark." Nitro said with a smile as he opened the passenger door for Natural. "Nice to meet you Natural." He added as he helped her into his truck. "The Hallows are about 20 miles from here. Should take us maybe about a half hour to get there if caravan traffic isn't at max. I'd take the rock path, but for the sake of your wagon, we'll be riding the dunes." NItro explained.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare smiled back, a bit awkwardly because of her sudden outburst a moment earlier, but genuinely too. She jumped aboard the tuck and took the passenger seat, then looked around the interior as Nitro got behind the wheel. "Dunes should be fine, yes. Good thing those blinds are rather tight, shouldn't let too much sand inside my wagon..." She looked out the window. Cars weren't exactly her cup of tea, but this one seemed okay. "So, is it expensive to keep one of these running? Some ponies suggested I enter the modern age but, wagons are basically costs free unless you count a bucket of paint every year, and maybe some minor carpentry every now and then."

@@Raven Rawne,

"This thing can be a gas guzzler. You gotta make sure you fuel up when you can. The engine is a 7.5 litre V8 that has the power of 800 horses. Gotta make sure that everything is working right and also make sure the engine has enough oil, so maintaining one of these takes quite a bit of work." Nitro said as he put his hind right hoof on the brake and pushed the ignition button. The supercharged 800hp 7.5 litre V8 roared to life loudly.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Natural nodded at the lecture, even if most of it made little sense to her. She covered her ears instinctively at the engine's roar, and squinted her eyes too. Once the engine revved down into it's park torque, and the loud became more tolerable, she sat back straight and talked louder to compensate for the noise. "I'm pretty sure I didn't get like, half of what you said. All I goit is that it needs regular maintenance and eats up a lot of fuel. Also the noise is just... Makes my ears ring. Sounds like not a good alternative for me, honestly."

She looked around for something to hold on to, sensing the machine will lurch forward soon. "Don't you have any hoof holds around here? Don't wanna fall off the seat and all..."

@@Raven Rawne,

"See that handle right on top of the window?" NItro asked making sure that his seatbelt was secure and that Natural's seatbelt was secured. He then checked all his gauges. "Oil temp, perfect. Pressure, check....coolant, check...looks like it's all systems go, are you ready?" Nitro asked.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

She looked up as indicated. "There? Oh, I see it. Should be good if the ride proves rough. Just do keep in mind the cargo, okay?"

The mare let Nitro fasten her seatbelt. She felt so out of her element inside the vehicle, completely oblivious to anything and all thatconcerned cars and riding in one. When thestallion asked her whether she was ready, she took a hold of the handle, just in case, and nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. Roll out at your pace, please."

@@Raven Rawne,

"Alright, hang on!" Nitro said as he hit the gas. The tires spun wildly and kicked up a huge cloud of sand. The Raptor accelerated up to 50mph as the engine revved up. Nitro shifted to second gear as he drove north, Apploosa going by and beginning to fade behind them.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare braced, and for good reason. The truck shot up like one of her crossbow bolts, causing her to suddenly regret eating a large breakfast. Thankfully, she held it in, and even managed to peek at the side mirror, angling her neck to see the agon on the back. It was still there, and seemed to be in one piece too, so she calmed down some. Still, it wasn't exactly her idea of a good time. Natural wasn't sure whether she did right to accept the lift or not, but it's not like there was much to do about it right now. She just hold on tight and glanced at the stallion, or out the window.

@@Raven Rawne,

Nitro shifted to third taking the truck up to 70mph, but had to shift back to second to go up a tune. "Brace yourself!" He warned as he got some air off of a dune and landed. The suspension cushioned the landing as Nitro continued to drive. Apploosa was now out of sight.  

@@C. Thunder Dash

Natural Order was now pretty convinced she made a mistake. The truck was travelling at speeds she never expected to reach, and it rocked like a leaf in the river as the reckless pegasus seemed hellbent on driving as fast as possible,  despite her plea to mind the wagon. She just held on for dear life as he issued a warning. She looked at him in surprise and yelled back: "I am already!" The mare let out something distinctively unladylike as she felt that the truck lost contact with the ground, and then landed heavily on the sandy ground. She needed to shake her head to look straight again,  and was pretty sure she'll have a fkankache when thus us over...

@@C. Thunder Dash

Natural Order was now pretty convinced she made a mistake. The truck was travelling at speeds she never expected to reach, and it rocked like a leaf in the river as the reckless pegasus seemed hellbent on driving as fast as possible, despite her plea to mind the wagon. She just held on for dear life as he issued a warning. She looked at him in surprise and yelled back: "I am already!" The mare let out something distinctively unladylike as she felt that the truck lost contact with the ground, and then landed heavily on the sandy ground. She needed to shake her head to look straight again, and was pretty sure she'll have a fkankache when thus us over...

Nitro Spark definitely wasn't the reckless Pegasus Natural thought he was. He just loved to device fast. He knew the straps on the wagon would hold. He kept the truck at the current speed, not going any faster. He went up a larger dune and had to upshift again. This time, they got no air but there was a moment of weightlessness as their fears left the seats and gently came back down as Nitro gently let go of the gas for the truck to roll down the dune.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Natural Order saw another dune straight ahead, and gulped at the thought of taking into the air again. The inside of her wagon will be such a mess, she'll need a week just to clean it up! This time they didn't fly, but there was that weird feeling of weightlessness, like when you reach the top of the swings and stop before swinging back down. If only these things didn't made her adult self nauseus, the mare would hit every playground she saw, but somehow the same feeling in a roaring metal truck wasn't as nice as she remembered from being a filly, not remotely. She just hoped they won't crash or something...

@@Raven Rawne,

Nitro certainly wouldn't crash. He was one of the most well known street racers of all time. Nitro noticed some small homes up ahead and began to slow down. There was also a square metal pad. "Well, there's the secret garage I was telling you about..." He stated. "The hallows should be another 5 miles away." He added.  

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mint earth pony nodded at his words, and sure was glad the hectic rude was about to end.  She glanced at the driver and replied: "I think I'll make the last leg on my own, gotta find those herbs and all. A-anyway, thanks for the ride. Sure was... something..."

Just because she was scared for her life the entire time doesn't mean she couldn't thank for the favour, right?