Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Long Journey (1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare grimaced at the mention of an even bogger event, but nodded - "Okay, we have a deal. So when is that one taking place? I need to consult my calendar if I have free time, hehe." She puled slightly to check if the wagon was moving as intended, and once satisfied with this test, continued. "Yeah I'm good, thanks. So we see each other in Hollow Shades, alrite?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, Raven Rawne said:

@@C. Thunder Dash,

The mare grimaced at the mention of an even bogger event, but nodded - "Okay, we have a deal. So when is that one taking place? I need to consult my calendar if I have free time, hehe." She puled slightly to check if the wagon was moving as intended, and once satisfied with this test, continued. "Yeah I'm good, thanks. So we see each other in Hollow Shades, alrite?"

"Sure thing. See you then!" Nitro said gunning the engine and shifting to reverse. He backed away quickly and pulled a 180-degree spin kicking up a huge cloud of dust before shifting to drive and pulling away from Natural, the V8 engine of the raptor roaring loudly. 

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare politely waved the stallion goodbye. That is, until she needed a free foreleg to fover her snout from the sudden assault of dust that was kicked up by the mechanical monstrosity. She coughed for a bit and shook herself from the sand, then sighed. "Stallions and their toys..." Natural Order looked around and consulted the Sun to tell the direction, then started walking towards her destination - Hollow Shades.

Fife days later, she was sitting in the common room of the "Oaken Barrel" inn in Hollow Shades. The herb pick was good and Natural had her wagon stuffed with them. Now to haul them someplace that will fetch a good price... Ponyville could be the place, or Dodge City. Still, there was this promise to keep...

It was around noon and the mare was getting bored of waiting - she checked in yesterday afternoon and had agood night's rest, but staying i one place has never really been her forte. So, she was there, sitting in a remote corner by a snall table, reading the newspaper, smoking her pipe and enjoying a cold ale. News, tobacco and booze - Equestria's lead causes of problems. There was an ad to hunt some cattle eating beast in the woods, a worthy pursuit for a good reward, if the stallion wouldn't show up.

7 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare politely waved the stallion goodbye. That is, until she needed a free foreleg to fover her snout from the sudden assault of dust that was kicked up by the mechanical monstrosity. She coughed for a bit and shook herself from the sand, then sighed. "Stallions and their toys..." Natural Order looked around and consulted the Sun to tell the direction, then started walking towards her destination - Hollow Shades.

Fife days later, she was sitting in the common room of the "Oaken Barrel" inn in Hollow Shades. The herb pick was good and Natural had her wagon stuffed with them. Now to haul them someplace that will fetch a good price... Ponyville could be the place, or Dodge City. Still, there was this promise to keep...

It was around noon and the mare was getting bored of waiting - she checked in yesterday afternoon and had agood night's rest, but staying i one place has never really been her forte. So, she was there, sitting in a remote corner by a snall table, reading the newspaper, smoking her pipe and enjoying a cold ale. News, tobacco and booze - Equestria's lead causes of problems. There was an ad to hunt some cattle eating beast in the woods, a worthy pursuit for a good reward, if the stallion wouldn't show up.

Nitro enjoyed his time at the Car Show. He decided to bring one of his most prized machines: His 2000hp Koenigsegg Agera R. Because there was paved road, he was able to make it all the way to the Oaken Barrel. He drifted around a curve, causing his tires to let out a loud screech. He then upshifted, which caused the 2000hp V8 to let out a super loud rev. He then brought the Agera to a halt in a parking space and got out. He then entered the inn, and noticed a mare. He made it out to be Natural. "Hey Natural..." He said.  

@C. Thunder Dash

A sudden noise, like a dragon roaring right outside. Natural Order perked up her ears from over the newspaper and winced slightly at how unnatural it sounded. "Seems he got here alrigth. Poor farmers will have to wait a little longer for some big frakking hero..." - she said to herself quietly, and looked up at the entrance as the doors opened.

Nitro came in and saw her too, then walked to her table. She folded the paper and put it on the table, then answered with a smirk. "Nitro. I have a feeling that deafening roar outside was your doing, huh? Sit down, want something to drink? I'm pretty much ready to go, after I pay the bill of course." 

@Raven Rawne

"Yep, that was my Agera R, my second most powerful vehicle. Packed with a twin turbo V8 producing the power of 2000 horses..." Nitro stated. "Anyway, what do they have to drink here anyway, the highest I'll go is a light cider..." Nitro stated sitting in front of Natural. 

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare just nodded at his explanation.  She didn't get cars so most of it didn't make much sense anyway. She did, however, know the menu.

Natural glanced into her nearly empty stein and answered: "They serve more than just alcohol, of course. There are some juices and teas too, just ask the bartender.  Pretty good meals also, even the prices are a little bit steep." She took a puff off her pipe,  mindful not to engulf her companion with smoke. "So what's the plan? I talked to the owner, they will look after my wagon for a few days if I give them some shiny encouragement to do so. That should solve the slow going problem,  I suppose..."

@Raven Rawne

"Alright, that works...so...here's the plan. This car meet takes place in Detrot, which is the street racing hub of Equestria. Ponies come from everywhere just to watch the street racers duke it out in their rides. This car show is one of the biggest car shows, because not only does it involve showing off cars, it involves track racing, drag racing and drifting." Nitro explained. 

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare listened in as she finished her ale. This whole car show thing sounded like something entirely out of her alley but, she promised, right? Besides, can't learn whether she likes it in any other way than personal experience, right?

She cocked her head a bit, as if thinking whether to accept the offer, and nodded. "Alright, could be interresting. But could you tell me more about things like, where we'll be staying, or hor long is that event? Gotta plan my expenses, and pay the innkeep for looking over my wagon."

@Raven Rawne

"I'm a VIP, so everything is covered, food, hotels and all. The whole thing lasts for a week. This includes the Grand Tournament, which all the legendary street racers, including myself, will come together to duke it out..." Nitro explained. "By the way...where do you leave your wagon?" Nitro asked. 

@C. Thunder Dash

She whistled slightly through her teeth at the mention of the VIP access. "Not every day I meet up with a famous pony..." Natural changed the topic back to the present matters, glancing at the innkeep. "Oh there's a barn behind the inn, ponies keep their wagons there for a fee and the innkeep vouches nopony snoops around them. So far I haven't heard of any break ins or thefts, so that's good enogh for me. You ordering something, then?"

@Raven Rawne

"Yeah...do they serve hayburgers here?" I can certainly use one with some classic fresh apple juice..." Nitro said fidgeting with the keys to his Agera a little bit. "Does the barn that keeps your wagon pay by each day or is it a one-time fixed rate?" He asked. 

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare raised an eyebrow, just a little, at the question. "I suppoe so, yeah. They're pretty standard these days. I usually go for full meals rather than fast food but, only one way to find out, right? I'm done with the drink anyway, the stein's empty, so I may as well ask as I give it back to the barkeep. Or do you want the full card? Since I'm going anyway?"

@Raven Rawne

"Eh, minus well..." Nitro said waiting for Natural to hand him the card. "Oh, and while we're on the road, some of the guys will pull pick-up races, meaning there will be straight drag racing out on the highway. Problem with that is that it's an open road, and cops may be out there...we can't risk ourselves getting caught and pulled over by the cops, so we'll try to get ahead of the group without going too fast." Nitro explained. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Natural went over to the bartender and left the empty stein there, also talked with him for a bit before coming back to the table with the menu held in her foreleg. She took back the pipe as soon as she sat down. "Tis yer lucky day! They have hayburgers alright." The mare lost dome of her cheer upon mentioning street races and Police, however. "Um, it would be reeeeeally nice to avoid those races, AND getting busted too. I don't wanna go to jail or something, okay?"

She took another puff and asked: "So, you ordering or we're leaving? I've got time."

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare nodded, taking another puff and noticing her companion took interest in her pipe. "Something's wrong? I won't smoke in your car, don't worry. Normally I do only in the open, but they allow smoking in here and I needed a puff. It's all fun and games until you suddenly find yourself thinking of a smoke right after waking up. Picked the habit for relaxation and it felt cool, stayed for addiction. But it still feels good to just relax with a pipe, yeah." She looked inside the pipe and funneled some air back in, maing the tobacco burn brighter red. "It's nearly done anyway. Good thing so I won't waste a good smoke when we'll need to go. But you were saying about a scenic route, so what kind of scenery there is? I'm a sucker for views."

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare narrowed her eyes and smirked at the stallion's reply, before taking another puff. She cocked her head slightly at his question, however. "Unless you did so when I was too busy holding on to whatever I could back in that truck, then no, I don't recall you telling me. Honestly, I thought it's not something I should ask about but, if you feel like sharin the story, then, sure, do go on."

@Raven Rawne

"Well...to start with...I wasn't always a street racer..." Nitro said as he took another bite from his hayburger. "You see, my dad owns one of the largest delivery pegasus companies in all of Equestria. He wanted me to "become the greatest delivery pony of all time". Cars had really intrigued me, but because my dad was so focused on controlling my life and my destiny, I had no time for it at all. This had left me down and depressed. One day however, during a storm...I was struck by lightning right on the wings. I nearly drowned, but a fishing boat was able to rescue me. I was rushed to the hospital and the doctor said my wings were so fried, that unless I had the metal plates surgically fitted to my wings...I wouldn't be able to fly ever again. With bits from my dad, I got the operation, and decided to quit my delivery pony job. My dad was angry, and said not to even bother coming back again..." Nitro stated. "But...the best is yet to come...oh...and I didn't even get my cutie mark while in dad's job and that right there should've given him the hint..." Nitro added. 

@C. Thunder Dash

The mare listened with a neutral, but friendly expression as she finished the last of her pipe.  Natural nodded as he paused.  "Not a cheerful story, that one,  but that's how life is, I guess... You were saying about some best part? The one when you got into racing?"

@Raven Rawne

"Yep...well...I was always into cars. I loved sneaking away at night and watching the big time racers duke it out on the streets of Detrot. I never got caught sneaking out, which was the best thing. One night, after a long day of searching for a car to buy, I came across the car that changed my life forever, and that was my beloved Saleen S7. It was just parked at an abandoned lot. When I approached it, the keys were inside the car and the doors were unlocked. I then saw a note from the previous owner that stated: "I did all I could to pay her up. Take good care of her for me...Gear Hoof." I didn't know who this stallion was, but I sure felt bad he had to abandon the car. Later that night, I found myself at a street racing club, and was faced with my first opponent. Somehow the ponies recognized me as "that delivery pony named Nitro Spark", they sort of made fun of me for it. Nonetheless, I shut their mouths by winning my first race, which earned me my cutie mark." Nitro said showing his cutie mark, which was a tachometer redlining. 

@C. Thunder Dash

She listened in to the second part of the story, occasionally glancing at other tables, seemingly out of habit. Natural rested her head on a hoof as the stallion was about to finish. "So... you found a car and won a race with it, then earned your Cutie Mark? Sounds rather... hard to believe, the car finding part, but I assume you said how it was. At least yo're good in winning, I'm a nomad gatherer... Not that I'm complaining, I like my life, well most of the time at least. How's that hayburger? Feel your veins clog already?"

@C. Thunder Dash

Natual shrugged. "Pretty much, yeah. Not a fan of fast food that's all." Once the stallion was finished and asked whether she's rasy, the mare scooped her pile in a foreleg and slid off the stool. "Sure do! I'll just pay up and I'm ready to go."

She walked to the bar, and after some talking to the pony behind it, she fished out a bit purse ad payed up, then walked outside.