Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 7, First Without a Two-Parter

Jon the VGNerd

Seems Season 7 will be the first season to not have a two-parter from two episodes on the same date, compared to the previous six seasons with two-parter openings. Your thoughts on Season 7's two episodes that have no two-parter?

Seems Season 7 will be the first season to not have a two-parter from two episodes on the same date, compared to the previous six seasons with two-parter openings. Your thoughts on Season 7's two episodes that have no two-parter?

so its still two episodes without a two part opener? or just one condensed episode on the opening date...

so its still two episodes without a two part opener? or just one condensed episode on the opening date...

Two episodes, but different instead of Part 1 and Part 2 of one episode, so they're both different.

I see it as something different that breaks away from a tradition that's been used since the show's inception.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on whether or not the only difference is that instead of being called parts 1 and 2, the episodes are tilted differently, or if the two episodes really are separate stories.

I would be interested in seeing what the latter would be like, as it would be the first time the show had done so before.

But we don't really know yet if that will be the case or not.

I didnt read the descriptions, I have only watched the trailers... but if it was the same story, i wouldn't imagine they would neglect to call it in two parts as they always have. I am used to the two parters, so it seems like whatever is going to happen in the first 22 minutes is going to be really condensed, I wouldn't pivot from the shows origins and normality. As long as the season is longer than 13 episodes, I will be cool haha. 

*SPOILER WARNING*

"In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” 
Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice 
from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, 
Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, 
Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map. "

Sounds like they are loosely connected.

Could be that one episode is Twilight talking to celestia and such. Then the other episode is whats happening with starlight back at the castle while twilight is gone.

I get this from the fact that it says "the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat". That gives me the idea that they want starlight alone.

*SPOILER WARNING*

"In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” 
Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice 
from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, 
Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, 
Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map. "

Sounds like they are loosely connected.

Could be that one episode is Twilight talking to celestia and such. Then the other episode is whats happening with starlight back at the castle while twilight is gone.

I get this from the fact that it says "the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat". That gives me the idea that they want starlight alone.

Starlight won't be alone! ;)

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Spike,_Trixie_and_Starlight_in_the_throne_room_S7E2.png

• Brohoof 1

WAIT!! Thank you for linking me to that I just figured it out! They are separate episodes!

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/All_Bottled_Up/Gallery?file=Mane_six_on_friendship_retreat_S7E2.jpg

This photo shows the entire mane six going to the friendship retreat. Which means the episodes actually aren't connected.

One is about twilight getting advice from celestia.

The other is Starlight and her friends.

PS: I hope the third episode shows what the mane 6 did at the friendship retreat because that sounds like it would make a fun episode XP

Edited by Firedog

Perhaps these aren't the episodes you are looking for. Now if I wanted to sneak in a surprise two-parter, where would I put it? Or is that too much innovation for one season?

I'm curious to see what will unfold 1 month from now. It's kind of like how the Season 6 finale broke tradition by focusing exclusively on the supporting cast and not having a song appear at all! Season 7 looks to be doing the same by breaking the tradition of having a dedicated 2-part premiere. I don't mind the change at all. It's good to shake things up after following the same routine for the past 6 years  :P.

I suppose that every season have the first two episodes that is a 2-part season premiere, and now the exception for the 7th season? So that made a difference of those first two episodes of that season have a different title that will air on the same day, and I'm pretty confident about this.

Edited by Allen

Oh wow, please let that be true. Pretty please? The two-parter format has seen some interesting twists in recent seasons, but I'm so tired of it. Let us start on something with lower stakes! Something which doesn't eventually revolve around a sinister villain or a threat to Equestria! The S6 premiere came close, which is why it was so refreshing, but an entire premiere without a big epic story is genuinely exciting to me.

I'm making assumptions, but even the shorter length alone will require it to be different. Could just be a "Gauntlet of Fire" and turn out to be a less interesting adventure, but I'm getting hopeful.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Season 1 didn't have a two-part finale, so I don't mind this change.

Season 1 had a two part opener however. So it's been the norm for 6 seasons now.

Really, the first two episodes are only going to be loosely connected? In what direction are we going with S7 now? I'm wondering if this is some sort of transitional season of some sort.