Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could this movie end the show?

Lenny

Hear me out, some companies don't allow a certain thing to end with notification. Therefore, they won't give any hints about when they will stop, on screen at least. This movie will be about them leaving Equestria, this could mean a whole lot of things, possibly the workers leaving.. or something? I don't know. This is way out of proportion. Post your theory Below if you think the movie is Illuminati

Edited by Lolburg

Well they already paid for season 7 & 8.

And some EQ Episodes and another EQ Movie.

And Comics.

It may very well harm the over all brand.

But to be honest. If the Shows are still raking in money they are not going to end them.

If you have a business that makes a million a year for four years.

And you open a 2nd business that losses six million and then close it down.

Why would you shut down the Original business at the same time.

Makes no sense, you keep the 1st one going to keep raking in the money.

The show will die at some point.

And let's be fair eight seasons is a pretty good run if nothing else.

But I honestly give it 10 Seasons at least right now.

_
Also as a side note we kind of know what the Movie is about....

And we know that the Workers are not leaving. We know this because while they don't normally tell us stuff there are some things we know...

The Studio that does the show is not leaving... They are under contract for another two years. (Season 7 & 8) You don't pay a Studio to do nothing.

Edited by blackstarraven
  • Brohoof 3

I hope it does. What better way for FIM to go out than with a bang than with a big budget movie? I am afraid that if there is a season 8 (which I don't really consider the whole thing on the toy Fair saying new experiences in 2018 as official confirmation, because it could mean lots of things), than I fear the show will be wearing out it's welcome.

• Brohoof 2

but knowing hasbro they want that money so it may end up like spongebob

It's not going to be like Spongebob if you're trying out different things in the show.

*sigh* How many more of these posts are we going to see? I think that this is a new era in the show and franchise now we have a new main character in the show. 

• Brohoof 2

It's not going to be like Spongebob if you're trying out different things in the show.

*sigh* How many more of these posts are we going to see? I think that this is a new era in the show and franchise now we have a new main character in the show. 

I agree there as long as they don't start rehashing old plots like spongebob.

if they do that's when they become like spongebob. 

Edited by Nightshroud

I agree there as long as they don't start rehashing old plots like spongebob.

if they do that's when they become like spongebob. 

That second point I posted wasn't directly at your comment, it was threads like these in the forums.

Hasbro did say that there would be an eighth season next year though they haven't provided details about it other than a simple announcement during last month's Toy Fair.

I am afraid that if there is a season 8 (which I don't really consider the whole thing on the toy Fair saying new experiences in 2018 as official confirmation, because it could mean lots of things), than I fear the show will be wearing out it's welcome.

Looks like there will be a season 8.

https://twitter.com/johndelancie/status/842767235118596096

Edited by PinkiePie97

Huh, I didn't get a notification that people posted. I'm not really updated with all of this, and season 8? Omg, hope it's good. To be honest, I didn't really care for season 6. I agree that they _might_ be running out of ideas, and if there is a season 7 or 8 I might watch it just for the sake of it. I assumed that, as last time I searched Google I got "eh.. maybe" as the result. When I discovered there was a movie coming out, I was like "going out with a bang?". I assumed wrong, but thanks for letting me know.

If they were going to end the show, they'd be ending with a plotline that's far more closely tied to the mane six and the key aspects of the show: the elements of harmony, alicorns, the tree of harmony and starswirl the bearded.

This movie's plot almost comes off as a gaiden plot due to its focus on outside elements (The villain's 100% from outside equestria, the characters are from outside equestria, ect.). As such, it would be the most random way to end the series ever XD

If they were going to end the show, they'd be ending with a plotline that's far more closely tied to the mane six and the key aspects of the show: the elements of harmony, alicorns, the tree of harmony and starswirl the bearded.

This movie's plot almost comes off as a gaiden plot due to its focus on outside elements (The villain's 100% from outside equestria, the characters are from outside equestria, ect.). As such, it would be the most random way to end the series ever XD

Don't expect what you said as series finale anyway. Mlp is a Merchandize driven show, and as such, when it will end, it's not gonna end because it will conclude it's story with a super duper epic finale that is gonna answer to all the questions left. It's gonna end just because..... the toys won't sell anymore. And keep in your mind that if toys stopped selling about a year and half ago, then To Where and Back Again would have been the series finale..... ugh.... I get the heebies jebies just at thinking of it.

MLP is gonna end in a random way anyway and it could be a good or a bad random way. So at this point to not take the risk, all I really want as an ending at this point is seeing the MANE 6 as the heroes one last time and I rely on this Movie for that(these two tweets by Meghan McCarthy and Michel Gagne are good enough evidences that I can really count on that:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/816871030933200896

https://mobile.twitter.com/GagneMichel/status/842239922601828352 ). It is random but, at least I know it will be a GOOD random way. It's not like there is a better choice.

Heh..... actually I'm dropping it more for personal problems than for this but... I think I'd have stopped here anyway even without my problems.

Edited by Sly
  • Brohoof 1

Even if it did, i would be very unhappy.
No more ponies with adorkable reactions, silly faces, *squees*, no more familiar new voices (unless the VA's helps the fandom now and then).
No more shenanigans with Discord (well, we didn't get many anyway).
And i don't think they would run out of plot yet, far from it considering the wide variety of different characters.
Discord, Trixie, Starlight and Thorax on another adventure? (i'd love for that as a spin-off series).
So...nah, i don't think it could possibly end with a movie, also considering season 8 is already confirmed.