Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could this movie end the show?

Lenny

I don't see them letting it go for quite a while. MLP has been too unexpected of a hit, and they have shown a great interest in branching out with it even more than they already have. Some are thinking they might do a 4.5 series, which is possible, but I think they are being very careful, since it is pretty easy to see every other property they have done that with to try something new has fizzled and died very quickly.... people say they want something different, but the instant they get it, the first response is always

"This is not the same as the show I liked... it sucks".

So yeah, I think they are going to milk this brand until it either truly loses enough steam to become unpopular, or until they get an idea that they truly feel is superior.(Which is probably won't be). I see the movie honestly as a possible spring board for a new generation to get into the show as well as opening up new ideas for the franchise and the universe as a whole, for better or for worse.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

Maybe the show ends after S8, and there will be an Gen5.

Thing is.. Things don't die anymore.

Even if the show does end after season 8.

There will very likely be more MLP stuff. Comics, Strait to Release stuff so on.

Heck in this day and age, things tend to still be going strong decades after they end.

Buffy still has a pretty large fan base. And Comics. and conventions. and may be getting a new show....

Simply put, if there is a market there is a product now. Because of crowd sorsing and the internet.

I seriously hoped it would, but from what I've seen an eighth season is already confirmed. Depending on the quality of Season Seven, that could be fine, but I hope they're not going to drag this out for the rest of eternity.

(edited)

IF the movie bombs, Hasbro will have a bad time and feel its sins crawling on its back.

tumblr_nyc70xZowt1rkzntco1_1448397970_cover.png

And Sans, the final FiM villain, will successfully dunk the Mane 6 and Starlight into eternal oblivion.

Edited by The MegaBrony

I Think we've seen this question at least 4 times before I suppose another cant hurt. My response to a previous thread on this topic came out to for us the audience, fans and the show staff want the series to end on a high note. Or at least a luke warm note and not to drive into the ground. HASBRO on the other hand wants your dosh(cash) and as long as they are breaking even, they have no reason to stop making episodes. As long as there is money to be vacuumed from the pockets of parents and adults they couldnt care about the integrity or quality of the show. It just so happened they bottled lightning when they got Lauren Faust and pulled a team of clever writers for G4 otherwise it wouldnt have been any different from previous MLP generations.

Hasbro is unlikely to cancel this gravy train even with aforementioned slipping toy sales by previous posters. As long as they can even break even its an IP they can always improve to make money again with. At its core Hasbro is a toy company first and media company 2nd. The show is just a medium to advertise the toys to children who will in turn get their parents to by them for them. Hasbro would laugh in your face about the artistic integrity of the show if G3.5 wasnt an indication. Its possible like all things that the show will in fact end at the end of confirmed season 8...but until they start losing money on sales they dont really have a reason to waste a good thing.

Thats my opinion at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it's possible that they could cancel the show soon after the movie and season 8. That was the original intent behind The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004). I hope that doesn't happen because I think My Little Pony still has a lot to offer, but I would respect the decision. :)

I dont think the Movie is gonna be the end, there was already a joke in the Season 7 premiere, that Twilight has planned Friendship Lessons i think for the next 3 Years. ( dont know the exact context, because i didnt actually watched the entire premiere )

But if the Movie will fail and Hasbro would lose a lot of Money, the might get the Idea to reboot it. But then again, the older theathrical Movie failed and the first Generation still continued into a multiple Episode long Sequel to the Movie and 2 following Cartoon series, so i dont know really.

Also Hasbro gets a lot of Money from other properties as well, so they always have back up money, to recover.

I will be satisfied if it got 10 seasons and maybe a 2nd movie to show the other characters like Discord, Starlight etc. For the first movie they mostly have to go along with main characters since there will be new people watching it in theaters who aren't fans of mlp yet and long term fans like us.