Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's do something about the decrease of bronies

Lenny

Dear my fellow bronies, I think this fandom is to good to start to die. Yes, it is dying and I have proof.

Regardless, I'm asking you people to help recruit .Ore people in it..
Be ready to travel, cause I'm asking you to spam/post on all the corners of the internet. 4chan, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, ext. Make the brony fandom great
again.

I've set up a copy of a thread, if you'd like to post that:

If you don't know what fandom im talking about, it's the brony fandom. The brony fandom is a fandom dedicated to MLP, my Little pony. The show is watched by tons of people, and according to a study, 85% of which are male. There are a variety of different bronies, too. What I mean by that is they can be lesbian, straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, ext.. Note, this does NOT mean all bronies are gay or all of them are straight. Already you might be skeptical or confused, but I assure you that this fandom is serious about mlp.

If you are interested in watching an episode or two, you can watch them here: http://putlockers.ch/watch-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html

Fanmade content

Bronies can create a variety of content, and by variety, I mean every possible genre or catagory. Most likely, you have come across some kind of content related to mlp, as the fandom creates a TON of content, it's practically impossible to avoid seeing a pony somewhere on the internet. In the following segments, I will be naming certain types of work made by bronies.

Animations: the .Mov series is a series of Mlp type characters trying to defeat discord. I'm not going to spoil it.

Art: man, there are a ton of examples and alot of them are just stunning. MLP art comes in all genres, from dark to funny, tragic to cute. You can find a ton of examples just by searching mlp art. This one here is the tantabus over ponyville trying to escape Luna's dream:

sig-4837074.b55e59945cf0736bd53c1c156c71

Music/pmvs: pmv stands for "pony music video" s is plural. The fandom produces alot of music and remixes, some are just outstanding, and I'm not just saying that, see this one here for yourself:

Fanfictions: think of two ponies, there is probably a fanfiction shipping them. Aside from that, there is fanfiction of every genre, dark, sexy, sexy dark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd have to say I enjoy reading them. I couldn't find my favorite, but it is called "Luna's guard" which is a romance/sadfic. I'm not going to spoil it, but it lives up to its catagories.

Games:

There are not many games related to MLP, but there are still a select few. (Speaking of, I will be making an MLP game, I will make a thread about it soon) The game I chose is.... MY LITTLE PONY. Literally in all caps. It's an app, available for free! (My friend code is 1213253)

Conventions

For those wanting to take their dedication to another level, there are bronycons scheduled planned all the way up to 2025. Conventions are not as you would think; There are shops, games, and developers talking. It fun k

The brony fandom is endless when it comes to content. There is a thing for everyone, mostly everyone, at least. I'll be adding more stuff on this thread, too. If you have any questions, you are welcome to post them or PM me them.

I'm playing my part. Let us all do it, Eventually it'll be as popular as it was in 2010-2011. I enjoy this fandom to much to loose it, and if I'm contributing, why would I contribute to an empty fandom?

THE FANDOM IS DYING, avoiding the truth isn't going to help it.

Let's do this.

Do not quote this thread, thanks.

I dont really see the point of telling people what bronies are on a forum...exclusively for bronies. TBH I havent seen the fandom dying. (We still have multiple pony related conventions like you said, seems pretty alive no?) dunno if it is or not, but if it does die, who cares? People have their own rights to not watch a show or continue to watch a show if they choose not to, if you like it, then you continue to watch it. It's not like everyone is going to stay in the fandom, and when the show, or G4 at the very least ends, you can expect there to still be art and fanfictions and music, just because there might be less doesnt mean we should force or pressure people into making more

Edited by Mimikyu Mothra
  • Brohoof 5

I dont really see the point of telling people what bronies are on a forum...exclusively for bronies. TBH I havent seen the fandom dying. (We still have multiple pony related conventions like you said, seems pretty alive no?) dunno if it is or not, but if it does die, who cares? People have their own rights to not watch a show or continue to watch a show if they choose not to, if you like it, then you continue to watch it. It's not like everyone is going to stay in the fandom, and when the show, or G4 at the very least ends, you can expect there to still be art and fanfictions and music, just because there might be less doesnt mean we should force or pressure people into making more

I'm trying to convince bronies to post and try to convince people to become one, or at least a few people.

I care if it dies. I want it to stay alive, i don't have many things I like. If it dies, there goes a good portion of my life, The good portion. You can't see that it's dying, but it definitely is.

If people feel they aren't interested in the show anymore, or if they aren't interested in the first place...let them be

• Brohoof 3

If people feel they aren't interested in the show anymore, or if they aren't interested in the first place...let them be

what if I told you there are people in this world that never heard "brony" or "MLP" before? What if I told you afterwards that it could help people?

The fandom is still plenty active, yeah it's not as big as it used to be, but the most loyal fans of old are still around, and we still get some new ones probably every day. It's not "Dying" any time soon.

Spamming posts about the show everywhere isn't going to help much, it's probably just going to annoy a lot of people. The big movie is coming out later this year, so that might draw in some extra attention and new fans more naturally.

• Brohoof 5

The fandom is still plenty active, yeah it's not as big as it used to be, but the most loyal fans of old are still around, and we still get some new ones probably every day. It's not "Dying" any time soon.

Spamming posts about the show everywhere isn't going to help much, it's probably just going to annoy a lot of people. The big movie is coming out later this year, so that might draw in some extra attention and new fans more naturally.

Give me some sort of proof that you think it isn't dying.

Natural? Look at the age we are in. Natural is just a tag on something, it doesn't mean anything

These forums, all the new fics on Fimfiction, all the videos made by fans on Youtube, etc? I still see plenty of active people and plenty of new content, yes it's slower than it has been at some points in the past, but it's nothing I'd call "Dying".

Natural? Look at the age we are in. Natural is just a tag on something, it doesn't mean anything

This is a weird argument to use here. What I meant by the movie drawing in fans more "Naturally" was that people who see it or hear about it might take an interest in it all on their own, rather than trying to make it happen via spamming posts elsewhere, which is just as likely to annoy people and turn them off from something as it is to make them interested. Let them get interested on their own, tell people about it when it's relevant or if they ask, don't try to force it on them by bringing it up in weird places.

• Brohoof 4

These forums, all the new fics on Fimfiction, all the videos made by fans on Youtube, etc? I still see plenty of active people and plenty of new content, yes it's slower than it has been at some points in the past, but it's nothing I'd call "Dying".

This is a weird argument to use here. What I meant by the movie drawing in fans more "Naturally" was that people who see it or hear about it might take an interest in it all on their own, rather than trying to make it happen via spamming posts elsewhere, which is just as likely to annoy people and turn them off from something as it is to make them interested. Let them get interested on their own, tell people about it when it's relevant or if they ask, don't try to force it on them by bringing it up in weird places.

>Statistics decrease.

K I'll do that, maybe. In some sites. Not 4chan tho.

OP, the brony fandom being slower and smaller compared to 2012 or even 2014 doesn't mean it's dying. It's still an active fandom, and new people are still joining the herd. To call it "dying" is a clear overreaction.

• Brohoof 3

That isn't quite how communication works. For example, I concur that interest in the show is decreasing. I don't conflate that with dying though.

If you want to proselytize, knock yourself out. I for one tend to simply enjoy what I enjoy and share my tastes with others organically. I wager that tends to be the typical person, whether it's a fan of a sport, a game, or a television show.

But maybe that's just me.

I don't conflate that with dying though.

OP, the brony fandom being slower and smaller compared to 2012 or even 2014 doesn't mean it's dying. It's still an active fandom, and new people are still joining the herd. To call it "dying" is a clear overreaction.

it is tho. averagely loosing 20% of the fandom every year. no, not 20% cooler, this is based on statistics 

@, Again, you conflate waning interest with dying. Just because the fandom's smaller than before doesn't mean the fandom is actually going to die. As long as there are bronies, the fandom won't die. Secondly, we're still an active fandom. Season 8's already under production, and the movie's coming out soon. And MLP G5 is likely being developed as I type.

As for other fandoms:

1. Observe the Browncoat fandom. Fox canceled their show (Firefly) more than a decade ago. It's still active.
  2. Trekkies have been around longer than almost everyone on this site.
  3. Sonic, Mario, Spongebob, and Doctor Who are still active fandoms.
  4. Fairly Odd Parents still has an active fandom despite very sucky seasons as of late.
  5. Steven Universe has an active fandom.

In short, you're fretting about nothing.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 7

If you ask me, the fewer bronies the better. I can't STAND these cringe-worthy fandoms surrounding excellent IPs (Steven Universe comes to mind). Kill off the bronies so DHX can continue to make amazing episodes instead of catering and pandering to the bronies like they did in Season 2 (in my opinion the worst the show has ever gotten).

Sure, we're decreasing a bit, but we all knew that that was bound to happen, that doesn't mean we are dying. As long as we are still here, the community is still alive. Besides, spamming everywhere isn't going to make a difference other than making people upset. People can watch it if they want, and if we want them to be happy all we have to do is be good people to them. As a sidenote, with the upcoming movie and several famous guest stars coming up I'm sure that'll spike interest. Honestly, we aren't decreasing that much. Their have been 6 new members on these forums today already. Doesn't exactly seem to be dying.

Honestly, we aren't decreasing that much. Their have been 6 new members on these forums today already. Doesn't exactly seem to be dying.

^Most people outside of the pony-loving community don't even think bronies exist anymore. They think it was a fad that lasted a few years and now everyone has moved on.

I don't really see the issue, honestly, but I definitely acknowledge that it exists. Fewer bronies the better

I'm asking you to spam/post on all the corners of the internet.
That's not going to help recruiting members considering that most people hate spam and those who post it, so all it would accomplish is getting more people to hate us. 

If we want to get more people into this fandom then we need to fix the problems in it and not just spam text on the internet. Of course that would mean that we would acknowledge the fact that we're not perfect, so I doubt that we would do that.

• Brohoof 3

cause I'm asking you to spam/post on all the corners of the internet. 4chan, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, ext

Yeah! I know every time I see spam I get excited and go see what all the annoyance is about when people harass me about whatever thing it is they like.

Oh wait... no I don't.. I do the exact opposite of that.

So yeah, if you want the forum to grow feel free to create content and share links and such when it is appropriate. If you want to make people hate you, the fandom, this site or even animal crackers shaped like ponies.. do that spamming you suggested.

Oh, and the fandom is not dying, don't be so overly melodramatic.It will be around for several more years, cartoon comics or otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

Kill off the bronies so DHX can continue to make amazing episodes instead of catering and pandering to the bronies like they did in Season 2 (in my opinion the worst the show has ever gotten).

Well, fortunately, that's not going to happen:

1. A brony is nothing more than a fan of FIM. They don't even have to merely like the show. Just some part of the product, like the toys, comics, EQG, the upcoming movie, or so on. So as long as there are fans of FIM, they're bronies. To "kill off the bronies" means you won't have any fanbase to watch it regardless of age. No viewers or fans means no recognition of the show, which turns into a depletion of revenue, which means the toys — FIM's main source of revenue — risk staying stuck on the shelves with little profit. Hasbro NEEDS people to watch FIM so they can generate some level of profit.
  2. Pandering to the core brony fandom is almost completely nonexist in the show canon. (In the comics, you see it more, although still nowhere near as bad besides the Rainbow Dash micro). The only time DHX even pandered to core bronies was EQG1.
Edited by Dark Qiviut

The only time DHX even pandered to core bronies was EQG1.

>. >?

Uh... what? lol I would think EQG 1 was a slap in the face to most bronies. I heard suicide threats all over the damn place in reaction to that movie.

Edited by ChocolateCrane

Uh... what? lol I would think EQG 1 was a slap in the face to most bronies.

Doesn't change the fact that EQG1 has a lot of brony pandering. Fluttershy's pointless "yaaaaaay," Trixie doing her TGAP spiel, Derpy's appearances, AJ taking off Vinyl's shades during the Cafeteria Song, the Show Stoppers references, and Scootaloo doing a chicken dance, to name a few.

ETA: Taking the Trixie comment back. That joke was actually quite funny and impacted the plot.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

^In response to both of the above comments:

Yeah those moments could have been considered pandering, but that type of stuff has happened in too many episodes to count. "Slice of Life" is a grand example, although, I will admit, I believe that is the best possible example of pandering done RIGHT!

If you ask me, the fewer bronies the better. I can't STAND these cringe-worthy fandoms surrounding excellent IPs (Steven Universe comes to mind). Kill off the bronies so DHX can continue to make amazing episodes instead of catering and pandering to the bronies like they did in Season 2 (in my opinion the worst the show has ever gotten).

I can definitely see what you mean, and I agree with much of that, however I don't necessarily think it to be more bronies means it's worse. More good bronies who don't make us seem bad, and make a positive contribution to the fandom would be great, so long as DHX still makes it about making a good show, and not about us.