Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's do something about the decrease of bronies

Lenny

so long as DHX still makes it about making a good show, and not about us.

^yeah, this is what I care about most. Totally breaks immersion when they try to throw in pop culture references or try to throw out one-liners or intentional meme fuel -.-

FiM has such rich lore and world building potential! Thats the kinda stuff I wanna see them delve into >.<

Edited by ChocolateCrane

I've seen several jump ship and move on to other shows like Steven Universe and PAW Patrol, and return to Power Rangers.

Google_Trends.png

Looks like FiM is gonna be Deader Than Disco (I'd rather watch the dead dancing to disco than another villain episode) in the near future as it suffers more and more from Seinfeld is Unfunny, loss of founding values, Seasonal Rot, increased use of the Idiot Ball, flanderization, improper management of a large cast, mean-spirited character derailment, episode rehashes, a base as broken as Sonic The Hedgehog's, having to depower characters multiple times to make stories work (either necessitate those powers or don't provide those powers or their users in the first place!), useless princesses, boring episodes, a refusal to change the villain episode formula (no more one-hit blasts of friendship, please!), obviously unprepared heroes, forgiving someone who just managed to destroy the world, pandering to the audience, shoehorning in fan favorites, and making Twilight's friends downright useless in every villain episode after The Return of Harmony. Steven Universe has much better character balance, Power Rangers only upgrades its heroes when absolutely necessary (and that's actually needed a lot), and Paw Patrol...let's just say I've seen more teamwork in a single episode (tallied!) than all the post-RoH villain episodes put together.

it is tho. averagely loosing 20% of the fandom every year. no, not 20% cooler, this is based on statistics

By statistics, what theorem or statistical law are you applying? Statistics is more than reading a graph. Trend analysis and forecasting is a rather dense topic. Just curious as to where the self-assured approach you are taking is coming from. If you want to discuss fandom output using a Pareto based measure, I'm all in (since I'm not even sure that principle has ever been means tested on a fandom it would be freaking exciting).

I still say that contraction is not the same as dying. Waning fans are a part of any fandom. As far as MLP, it actually bodes better for the long term survivability of the property if a new Gen coincides with a wave of adult Bronies having families of their own. Since the property is basically a funnel for merchandise, a built in lapsed fanbase that is nostalgic would be primed to return and support the IP by sharing it with their children.

A lot of ifs there, but it is a factor that seems to have favored many other brands. Like I said, you want to try and recruit, I can't stop you. Just not interested in joining the good fight. ;)

• Brohoof 1

The fandom have fewer members now than what we had a few years ago. However, that doesn't mean that the fandom is dying; It's maturing.

Of course there will be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon when something new gets popular, but most will move on to something new after a while. The more devoted fans will stay longer. That's the natural progression of fandoms.

There is nothing wrong with this. There is still a lot of new artwork, fanfiction, music and other fan content being produced. I think the brony fandom will live on a lot longer than the show itself, since the fan content itself will inspire more content to be created (this is most easily seen with fanfiction, where a fic will take inspiration from other fics).

And in any case, spamming other sites is more likely to harm the reputation of the fandom than help it.

• Brohoof 2

Every fandom goes through this kind of phase. The Brony fandom is not dying, it's just not that popular at the moment.

Sure it's shrunk, but there are still tons of artists, musicians, etc. who support this fandom (including myself ;)). 

And I think the fandom will probably grow even a little bit more when the MLP movie comes around or even when G4 ends.

Generations will bring more attention to fans and creators because the copyright system would be a little less strict

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 2:28 PM, Lenny said:

Dear my fellow bronies, I think this fandom is to good to start to die. Yes, it is dying and I have proof.

Regardless, I'm asking you people to help recruit .Ore people in it..
Be ready to travel, cause I'm asking you to spam/post on all the corners of the internet. 4chan, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, ext. Make the brony fandom great
again.

I've set up a copy of a thread, if you'd like to post that:

If you don't know what fandom im talking about, it's the brony fandom. The brony fandom is a fandom dedicated to MLP, my Little pony. The show is watched by tons of people, and according to a study, 85% of which are male. There are a variety of different bronies, too. What I mean by that is they can be lesbian, straight, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, ext.. Note, this does NOT mean all bronies are gay or all of them are straight. Already you might be skeptical or confused, but I assure you that this fandom is serious about mlp.

If you are interested in watching an episode or two, you can watch them here: http://putlockers.ch/watch-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html

Fanmade content

Bronies can create a variety of content, and by variety, I mean every possible genre or catagory. Most likely, you have come across some kind of content related to mlp, as the fandom creates a TON of content, it's practically impossible to avoid seeing a pony somewhere on the internet. In the following segments, I will be naming certain types of work made by bronies.

Animations: the .Mov series is a series of Mlp type characters trying to defeat discord. I'm not going to spoil it.

Art: man, there are a ton of examples and alot of them are just stunning. MLP art comes in all genres, from dark to funny, tragic to cute. You can find a ton of examples just by searching mlp art. This one here is the tantabus over ponyville trying to escape Luna's dream:

sig-4837074.b55e59945cf0736bd53c1c156c71

Music/pmvs: pmv stands for "pony music video" s is plural. The fandom produces alot of music and remixes, some are just outstanding, and I'm not just saying that, see this one here for yourself:

Fanfictions: think of two ponies, there is probably a fanfiction shipping them. Aside from that, there is fanfiction of every genre, dark, sexy, sexy dark ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd have to say I enjoy reading them. I couldn't find my favorite, but it is called "Luna's guard" which is a romance/sadfic. I'm not going to spoil it, but it lives up to its catagories.

Games:

There are not many games related to MLP, but there are still a select few. (Speaking of, I will be making an MLP game, I will make a thread about it soon) The game I chose is.... MY LITTLE PONY. Literally in all caps. It's an app, available for free! (My friend code is 1213253)

Conventions

For those wanting to take their dedication to another level, there are bronycons scheduled planned all the way up to 2025. Conventions are not as you would think; There are shops, games, and developers talking. It fun k

The brony fandom is endless when it comes to content. There is a thing for everyone, mostly everyone, at least. I'll be adding more stuff on this thread, too. If you have any questions, you are welcome to post them or PM me them.

I'm playing my part. Let us all do it, Eventually it'll be as popular as it was in 2010-2011. I enjoy this fandom to much to loose it, and if I'm contributing, why would I contribute to an empty fandom?

THE FANDOM IS DYING, avoiding the truth isn't going to help it.

Let's do this.

Do not quote this thread, thanks.

i agree with you the best fans are the most loyal fan i don't want the fandom becoming some sort of graveyard we need to stop think of this as promoting stereotypes if most haters are gone like the fandom believes this should apply to all fandoms if you love pony content as you say than learn to adapt a more alternative way of thinking you guys are worrying more about the casual fans who most likely will leave the fandom one day look at it as pony marketing because if you don't you are just making for bronies leave the fandom you all do realize by not looking it at a more mainstream marketing look it as a midstream marketing for brony content because i notice that not all bronies become fans not promoting brony music to others because to bronies like me i want a mix of mainstream media and underground media and there will be bronies who will be whining over the fact that they can't find more brony content look at it the same way as other loyal fandoms this is one of the reasons they stay loyal to the fandom moderism is not as great as it was in the 90s and 2000s but you have to use a more mainstream approach for bronies to stay loyal to the fandom which is called post-modernism post-modernism ain't just underground music it's mainstream music as well the brony fandom is even being referred to as midstream among the alternative community which is what fan work is not mainstream music if it was than you would hear more of a variety of brony music instead of just brony edm because sooner or later this show will end and there will be less bronies because the majority of bronies are brought though the fandom though fan work mostly fan music while with me it would be brony video games like mlp: the bonds of friendship we do not need plus you all do realize that there are such thing as alternative culture not just alt music which alternative is mainstream experiential media so the brony community needs to focus more on the loyal fans than the trendy fans because i am sure that you all do not like mainstream media you are more worry as how the brony stereotypes than the brony community that's why i lost faith in mainstream media before i joined the fandom and that is why there are a variety of fan work in the fandom and just sticking with one genre of media can be very repetitive it's time for the alt-fans and the loyal fans to save the fandom this is not the bronism this is anti-bronism if anything it would be less anti-bronies who are cringe since most of them are young adults and pre-teens who believe in stereotypes which is consider elitism so by doing this you flaming the fandom and with the fact the fandom could be portrayed as heartless most bronies these days are focusing on independent media not mainstream media by not following the brody code you are killing the fandom and as we have learned since the fandom started that stereotypes cause hatred against bronies we need to look past the brony fandom as black and white because if we don't look past that the whole brony fandom will die because mainstream music is based on modernism and we all know the bronies are a subculture of furries think of marketing brony media the same way as furry media than bronies will be able to find the more obscure brony media the bronies need to make this a cross-gen fandom just like the starwars fandom and the disney fandom and the best way is turned the brony fandom into a anarcho-fandom because most fans that's not made of multiple fandoms ain't based on one show that's like saying the otaku fandom is going to die i should know i was a otaku before i got into the brony fandom so pretty much we need a more supportive fandom to keep the brony culture alive that's why fandoms are made not because of marketing bit because of the fan themselve because if you check out the younger generation you plus if we actually listen to what he says the brony fandom can involve into a brony multimedia culture just like the furry fandom and that what the brony code is to united all bronies together no matter what because i thought it was based on togetherness not over fear of cyberbullys because cyberbbullys are just like bullys as in they are too stubborn to see others opinion and if anyone still confused look at the article on bronies wikia alt brony but they don't really use something like bandcamp so the best way to search for stuff you can find in the fan art section of pony articles

Edited by twilightfan

On 3/19/2017 at 2:01 PM, Lenny said:

I care if it dies. I want it to stay alive, i don't have many things I like. If it dies, there goes a good portion of my life, The good portion. You can't see that it's dying, but it definitely is.

Dude, there was a cartoon in the 90s called SWAT Kats. It had two seasons and you’d be hard pressed to find people that know about it. Yet it STILL has a loving fan base.

Mlp:fim has 10x more notoriety than SWAT Kats ever had. It’s fans are not going anywhere anytime soon.

• 2 years later...

I am doing my best :orly:

It is possible new people can be born into Bronies. All they need is to find the FIM show and get hooked like the rest :pinkie: (basic law of nature)

I remember when this fandon was so popular that you could not by any means keep up with status updates in fact why I had to disable notifications for it as otherwise you'd get 400 a day. Not to mention the topics had replies where people didnt even read the others post as if they were writing a blog haha so everyone would keep posting the same not brohoofing others content or anything. Though what do you expect when you were trying to reply to a topic you'd usually get five plus replies just as you were writing. 

Now however you can take your time to read what others have said as next reply to it usually isnt until couple of hours later or at most one reply. The statuses you get usually are one or two having it easy to reply to. In many ways this is far better, I mean yes it's fun when the fandom is thousands of people but it still is just go to ponytown and anyway what does it really matter it is better to be a part of a fandom with an active inviting community that actually does care what you have to say like how I read what everyone says rather then simply what it was which was basically people using it as a blog really. Somehow a competition almost I mean yeah I personally prefer the fandom like it is today. Not mainstream but not unknown rather a close knit community of fans who are still going on keeping the fandom going and that to me is awesome dudes.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I remember when this...

That sounds awesome and terrible at the same time.

Today might still be a little low on fans, but I believe we will get some new fans, young though (like when we first started watching), that have never seen the show before, to join. But they need encouragement, and it is our job to keep the FIM spirit high :eager:

• Brohoof 1

2020 now, and there’s still a decent fandom around it that’s not going away any time soon.  

To me it’s nice now that the fandom that is still here are the real dedicated ones. 

Sure I do miss the times it was at its peak, and fan content was coming out like clockwork, but now I feel a better sense of community within the fandom now that it’s smaller.

• Brohoof 1

I guess the good part of the fandom dying is that all the trend following posers dropped somewhere in between. It kind of sucks to see we're not as many content creators anymore, but alas, that's part of the drill, I guess.

Kind of weird to perform for nopony (metaphorically), but I guess brony now offers us a bigger room to think about our lives and whatnot. Is a weird eerie feeling of loneliness and nostalgia like when you find some dearly childhood mementos you had forgoten for several years as you grew up. Is warm, but bittersweet.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2017 at 10:40 PM, The MegaBrony said:

PAW Patrol

Wait there are fans of the show who aren't literally 5 years old x3 ?

I admit I like the characters but it is still a show pretty much aimed at ppl very very young and lacks in that respect lol Then again I see fan art online so im guessing thats from ppl older at least 12 or 13