Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most expensive item(s) you had ever purchase

TBD

What's is the most expensive item(s) you had ever purchase?

My most expensive purchase is a 1/6 scales loki figure for  a gift. As much I like these 1/6 scale figures because of the details, I don't think I will ever going to get another..(yet)

Apple iMac. That cost me £1.5K of my savings.. but it was worth it   :D

As far as a single payment, that honor goes to my Open Sim Wheel, which is essentially a big electric motor and control box. It was $1,200 and had to be shipped in from Slovenia. Unfortunately, I don;t have a mount for it yet, so I can't use it.

My most expensive purchase was my voice acting setup I don't know the exact price, but everything I purchased for the setup not cheap and I am still purchasing things for my voice acting setup, but as expensive as it all was it was worth every cent.

The single most expensive things that me and my brother have bought would be a filling cabinet from the early 1900's for $200 and a record player for $200 with some records included.  My school textbooks are up their though being at almost $100 a piece for 5 different classes.  I do not like spending lots of money on a single item since they lose their value after a while most of the time so I don't see it worth while to spend much unless I need it or will get a ton of use out of it.  I did not even buy any new consoles or computers because I just don't like spending money unless the item will hold it's value after several years.

I think that would be my custom computer. I put about $1,000 into it. Since that was a few years ago and it's still holding up, when my computers seem to last less than a year, I'd say it's a good investment.

Well I recently had to drop $8000 on a new AC unit, so that probably takes the cake. (Dis)Honorable mention goes to a transmission on my truck.

As for collectibles and the like, I've bought a couple of statues and such for $400-500 including a custom Bayonetta.

The most expensive thing I've ever purchased? While I would prefer not to say what it was for personal reasons, I did spend roughly $900 on something over eight years ago though it continues to linger about in my mind as to whether it was worth it upon looking back on it after so long. I still have the item in question yet I haven't seen it for over four years now--it's been in my closet for that long inside of a box on a shelf.

in 2010 I spent 2500eur on my custom build computer. desktop + monitor + windows total 2500eur

this year I'm going to drop 3500-4000eur on my new computer.

it's a nice thing to have the monies to spend.

Edited by zerox

all the computers i've bought probably, the one i'm using right now must've cost over 1700 dollars, with my other desktop and laptop being around 1000 dollars. also, buying FL Studio went for over 1100 dollars as well, with all the plugins and whatnot.

honorable mentions goes to my Portal Gun lifesize replica, it went for a few hundred dollars, my headphones were about 200 dollars, and my Yamaha speakers were over 200 dollars, too. each.

I would have to say my Batman Arkham Knight PlayStation 4 bundle, which was $400. That, or my plush of Marble Pie that I got at Bronycon, which was around $400 or $450. 

the two things that come to mind:

• $10k on my car
  • $40k on my college education.  

Both were very much worth it.

I will never understand why in the US you have to pay for you college education by yourself. I don't get this

One of the most expensive items i bought was Del-Ton AR-15. For an AR it was surprisingly cheap but still cost a good bit. $900 estimated. But my car is the one who takes the prize on most expenses paid to. For a 1997 Acura CL with the 3.0L V6 engine I paid $5,000. and not to mention all of the repairs i put into that baby. I miss that car. It got totalled after my wife's Grandfather backed into it. 

Hmmm, most of the really expensive stuff i own/owned, i got as gifts.

The most expensive thing i bought from my own Money would have to be the Pc Engine Game Batman.

It did cost like 60-70 dollars.

It had to have been something while I was on my 'break' from college (which I completely and totally thought was going to be permanent). It might just have been my first oboe. The instrument that got me back into college. =P It was a used model for $1500 or something like that.

If the whole going back to college thing had never happened, I might have just ended up spending several more thousands of dollars on an English horn. I was remarkably close to doing that (even with my mom's encouragement), you have no idea. And now I wish I had an English horn because I'm the only oboist at my college and I could have doubled. *sigh*

If you count utility items (items that are necessary rather than for the fun of it) I'd probably have to say my car. It cost me $3000 and was not worth a penny of it.  :pout:

If you're talking about fun stuff, I guess I paid quite a bit on my Star Wars collection; the most pricey being a Star Wars chess set (Value: $720 retail, my cost: $475). I avoid the big-ticket toys nowadays though.  :twi: