Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most expensive item(s) you had ever purchase

TBD

It was probably my 3DS console, since the other electronics I've bought don't really count as my parents usually help me pay those. The 3DS is however the most expensive thing I've bought completely with my own money, and the second one could be a hoodie that was pretty freaking pricey.  :please:

Well...

That I purchased? Or that I purchased for myself?

The most expensive think I myself ever purchased was a 300 Acre Farm in South Eastern Kentucky. (Mind you it was total BS that I had to buy it. My great -insert a bunch of great- Grandfather James Moore was the first man to settle south eastern Kentucky back in 1796.

I had to BUY THE FARM BACK... For 1'250'000 USD.... Because my (*&^% Father was a idiot.

__

The most expensive thing I ever purchased for work?
Two 1942 Super Marine Spitfires.... Price tag of 2.5 million pounds sterling a piece.

I will never understand why in the US you have to pay for you college education by yourself. I don't get this

who is supposed to pay for it, and how do you keep the costs from rising?

in my country it is utterly broken

when the government made many low interest loans available, the cost of college ROSE because people could "afford" more cost with the new loans.

it's all well and good to criticize this terrible system, but it's also useless unless there is a realistic fix.

I paid my education off in a few years.  It was WORTH the cost to me.  

Preferably, it continues to be worth it to the people that want one in the future.

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 1

who is supposed to pay for it, and how do you keep the costs from rising?

in my country it is utterly broken

when the government made many low interest loans available, the cost of college ROSE because people could "afford" more cost with the new loans.

it's all well and good to criticize this terrible system, but it's also useless unless there is a realistic fix.

I paid my education off in a few years.  It was WORTH the cost to me.  

Preferably, it continues to be worth it to the people that want one in the future.

Not to get into a long drawn out conversation about the matter.

But there are plenty of nations that actually make College Pretty affordable. And don't have much higher taxes. Now a lot of that is because they are not spending a huge chunk of there tax review on other issues.

This is kind of like the discussion of health care. People who ask "Whats the better answer" (Points at France)

Whats the better system for college? (Points at Germany)

Ya US Colleges are kind of considered some of if not the best in the world. But at the same time. That's only the upper one's. There pretty much = with most Developed European one's otherwise.

My house is definitely the largest purchase I made. If you combine all my out of pocket expenses for medical, that would be #2. Cars, home improvements, vacations, college, kids college fund, and my wedding would be in the top ten.

Well yeah, mine is an obvious answer, my car, that I Just got last November, with a loan. Yes my parents helped me with a cosign and also helped me by paying the sales tax as well, but the rest, including the recent repairs to the brakes and the serpentine belt, (which cost about 1,400 in total, 700 for the belt, 300 for the rear brakes and 400 for the back brakes, approx.) and the montly payments from January 10th to now, (about 450 paid towards it so far) were all done by me. And more payments to come.

That would be my most expensive investment, for other things.. I have lots of more expensive things I have bought...

My laptop.. That was like 700 at Mirco Center, I got it in Dallas about a year ago.

My surface tablet, around 800, I got it at best buy with my credit card, long since paid off with no interest so.

GAS.. I travel so much that gas is one my biggest investments. I need to stop going on 4 hour drives away and 4 hour drives back on every day off I have.. >.< I am a driver and a traveller, I can't stoof(stand) being in one place for too long,

Phones, iPods, electonic stuff, that I bought even when I was unemployed. So.. There ya go.

My most expensive one was definitely my car. But after that it's my computer. There's also my college tuition, but I don't rank that as high up because that was in bits and pieces over a few years and I don't recall exactly how large they were individually.

That would be my current gaming computer, sitting at a lousy 10,250 NOK. This was back in 2013.

The girl's barely worth 5k now. I love her nonetheless. She's my baby. <3

Well currently the most expensive item I got with my own money was a GoPro Hero-5 camera that I paid exactly $500 Australian for and I got it for sale as it was Boxing Day. (Australia's version of Black Friday that takes place the day after Christmas.) But still my IPad Air cost more than that at around $730 but still that doesn't count as my dad paid for it. :)

My iMac 5k, for 2.5k. I got it for my college work in graphic designing, but I also use it for video editing, drawing, and photography. 

I also purchased two lifesize Fluttershy plushies. One was $1,000 (45" big) and the other was $620 (40" big).

Going down from there, I purchased a Macbook Pro way back a few years ago. It was around 1.2k–a longterm investment for schoolwork and college, and so worth it.

Further down the list is various photography and hiking/backpacking gear. All purchased over several years.

My camera kit costed 1k. My new Samyang lens was $250. Tripod... $150. Filters, each around $40. Several other smaller purchases, too.

Sleeping bag = $320. Osprey Anti-gravity backpack = $250. Double Rainbow tent = $270. Down Jacket... $100. Trekking poles... $50. etc., etc. The list for hiking gear goes on and on. I've easily spent at least 1k on hiking (its practically an obsession! =P). >.<

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

Well out of things that I don't necessarily need, I did get a pretty awesome Lin Beifong collector's item.

But compared to things I actually need like air conditioning, it isn't too terribly expensive.

It's either the SB-R1C1 macro flash kit for my Nikon D700 (bought used), or the HTC Vive, around 9k for each.
Could have said my PC, but i purchased the hardware to build it myself so, single item price, it's not the PC.
I did spend around 3k in total on my PC.
My Dashie plushie holds the most personal value, but that's a different thing :P

Of all time, probably my current PC, which came to about £700 all together including monitor, keyboard etc. But it was worth it :P

Recently, $500 spending money for my trip to New York a few weeks ago, made sure I treated myself :lol:

• Brohoof 1

The most expensive thing I bought would probably be my laptop. It was $1204.49.

My most recent big purchase was buying tickets to see Metallica. Total was $478.50. :umad:

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

On 3/25/2017 at 0:32 PM, Fillypino Fried said:

This thing. :love:

pBtkILK.jpg

Just an Epiphone, tho. Gibsons are 3expunsive. :awuh:

I need to get my old Les Paul out!!! That's a hawt guitar Fillypino!