Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did the tree of harmony come from?

Firedog

Was it created by somepony powerful to ensure harmony? I believe celestial said they found the elements of harmony on the tree. Which makes it seem like it predated celestia and she didn't know anything about it until she found it.

Thoughts?

Also could this be another good season arch possibly?

Edited by Firedog

Given that its a safeguard to control the spread of the everfree forest and seems to reside at the center of it, I think its most probably an object left behind by a great magical being, such as their universe's version of God or whatnot.

Ever see a Yin/Yang symbol?  I believe the Tree exists as the personification of Order just as Discord exists as the personification of Chaos.  You see a little dark spot in the white & a white spot in the dark. This symbolizes that neither can exist without the other.

In The Return of Harmony, Discord hid the Elements but did not destroy them or act directly against the Tree. IMO, he didn't because he couldn't.  Similarly, the Elements turned him to stone (twice) but never exiled or reformed him because they couldn't.

IMO, Discord and the Tree have the same origin and are inextricably tied together.

Edited by sweetolebob18