Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you afraid of admitting your brony-ness to others?

Leo

Are you afraid of admitting your brony-ness to others? Are there any certain reasons why your are afraid of admitting your brony-ness?

I'm afraid of admitting my brony-ness to most of my classmates at school, but not afraid to admit to certain friends. I only want to admit my brony-ness to my closer friends, rather than friends who are more distant. I'm afraid my more distant friends and classmates would make fun of me for being a brony.

The only one of my family who has a hint of me being a brony would be my older brother. He received the hint after he saw me wearing a My Little Pony t-shirt.

The two main reasons why I'm afraid of admitting my brony-ness to others are shyness, and fear of humiliation.

Really, I was only afraid of admitting it because I go to an all-guys school (see the problem there?). But I saw some kids wearing MLP Happy Meal toys on their backpacks, and then I saw a kid with a Rainbow Dash hoodie. I came in the next day wearing MLP Happy Meal toys on my backpack, surprisingly, I have gotten very little crap about it; people are very accepting.

• Brohoof 2

Well, if you have a shirt, people WILL catch on... better to tell them than to let them judge you. I was a little scared at first but now everybody knows. I've converted several people and no one makes a big deal about it. My cooler friends even think it's kinda cool how I can stand up for something like that.

and the ladies think it's funny that I watch it :3

(edited)

Nope.

Why would i?

Its a show just like Naruto for an example, and there is no reason to hide it.

But there's also no reason to shove it up in peoples faces.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 1

With the maturity level the kids have at mah school (Which is sorta of a good thing because it makes school a whole lot more enjoyable :)), I have pretty good reason not to show mah brony-ness. I'm well known at school, but there are many who don't know me all that much and aren't really mah friends would give me serious crap for bein' a brony, since rumors like that spread pretty fast. Thankfully, none of them even know of the show's existence, so its pretty easy to slip references/quotes now and then :P.

Yes and no. I don't mind sharing it with people I know and when it's appropriate to bring up, I'll do so. But outside that I don't see the need in running around letting people know.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

After watching season 2 and with season 3 coming up...i find it quite impossible to hide it any longer...i tried to be a closet brony but that doesnt work out very well...i am proud to be a brony...i find NO shame in watching "My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic" Near everyone at my school knows...and i've told my family as well

Edited by Lord O Donnell
  • Brohoof 2

My parents knows it, my friends knows it, alot of other stupid people at school knows it. So I guess, no.

(edited)

Well i've never had an issue admitting things, most people ridiculed me already for being a furry so i kinda have a tough shell, plus i love the attention anyway, just think of it as a good way to find out who your real friends are, if they make fun of you. they arent very good friends are they?

Edited by Rayne Starr

(edited)

Really, I was only afraid of admitting it because I go to an all-guys school (see the problem there?). But I saw some kids wearing MLP Happy Meal toys on their backpacks, and then I saw a kid with a Rainbow Dash hoodie. I came in the next day wearing MLP Happy Meal toys on my backpack, surprisingly, I have gotten very little crap about it; people are very accepting.

I WANT A RAINBOW DASH HOODIE, XD that would be AWESOME! Edited by Rayne Starr

I don't really see why its worth telling, unless they ask. It would just give them a reason to hate on me, I reckon. Except this one guy I knew for a long time, who turned out to be a brony himself, but only because he started it.

Um...my friends know I'm a huge brony and sometimes get annoyed at me for it....So, no I'm not afraid to admit my bronyness. (I even have a RD t-shirt that I wear around)

• Brohoof 1

I'll tell anyone about my brony-ness cause I don't care what other's think about me, and also it's an awesome fan community so why should I be ashamed?

Well rant over.

• Brohoof 1

I never really hid it but I never really went out of my way to tell people. I don't really care what others think. If I find people who are cool with it or are fans themselves then awesome. If I find haters of the show or fan-base then I count it as a win also. I find it really easy to troll those people if they are vocal about their disprovable of me being a brony.

• Brohoof 1