Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Your own castle

heavens-champion

On 3/19/2017 at 10:38 PM, heavens-champion said:

If you had your own castle, what would you want it to have?

A "comfy pillow" room. :proud:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I think if I were a billionaire, I'd like a small castle and the lands around it.  I'd try to build a community around it and accept people who need a home.  Also encourage businesses and medical professionals to come live there.  I'd like to make sure everyone has a small yard for a few fruit trees and a garden.  Make sure there's a good, reliable public transportation service, a strong education system because I personally believe that educated children ensure a healthy society in the future and it's important to make sure every generation that comes after the first has a stronger and stronger foundation than the last.  I think maybe a population of a few thousand would be fine depending on how much land comes with the castle, I'm not talking about a large city or even a large town.

For the castle itself, preferably a 25 room castle?  I honestly have no idea what a small castle would contain though, a master bedroom with an adjacent bathroom is an obvious must.  A few guest rooms, a large kitchen fit with a stone oven and a good sized pantry.  A medium sized dining room but with multiple tables so I could invite people over or have parties.  It might be a good venue for small wedding parties though, at a reasonable price of course not something that would break one's bank or anything.  The rest of the house isn't that big of a deal to me, maybe a sitting room, a small gym and a sewing room but beyond that it's free for me to make adjustments to.

As for the library, I would love if it looked like a cathedral on the outside with beautiful stained glass depicting works of fiction but on the inside, there's large shelves, two storied with book shelves lining the walls.  There would be tables in the center for people to read or study at, free wifi available and some loungers for people to relax in with a good book too, free lunches available as well.  There'd also be an adjacent study room, mostly for me but certain hours of the day it would be open to all.  The study will have mostly my books and a drawing table but I think it would be cool to have some arts and craft classes in there too or maybe some other rooms attached to make more classes available?

I'd also like to make sure green energy is used for as much as possible.  Solar panels, wind turbines, all depending on where this castle is located, of course.  If it were on the coast, I think having off-shore wind turbines would be cool and it wouldn't be as much in the way out there.

• Ultimate Home Bill of Materials
    • Kitchen
      • Complete baking and cooking suite
      • Open space for entertaining
      • Balcony Access
    • Balcony
      • Sweeping panoramic view
        • Trees
          • Including some that I planted
    • Bedroom
      • Big bed
      • Room for the wife's handbags
        • and shoes
      • Vanity to sit at
      • Mirror tall enough for me
      • Sweeping panoramic view
    • Workshop
      • Workbench
      • Woodworking tools
        • Jointer
        • Planer
        • Gantry CNC router
          • with Indexable 4th-axis
        • Table saw
          • with Encoder
        • Rotary saw
        • Staining room
      • Metalworking tools
        • CNC Turning machine
          • Woodworking capability
          • Manual operation capability
        • Drillpress
        • TIG Welding station
        • Mini Forge
        • Anvil
      • Polymer tools
        • 3D Printer
      • A sign that says "No Loafing"
    • Study
      • Bookshelves
      • Globes
        • Earth
        • Moon
        • Mars
        • Jupiter (digital animated)
        • Kerbin
      • Painting of the family
      • Secret door(s)
    • Atrium
      • For flowers and pretty growing things and butterflies
      • A sign that says "No Influencers"
      • Grandfather Clock
    • Garage
      • Nice electric car
      • Another nice electric car
    • Grounds
      • Swell old tree with a tireswing
      • Bench
      • Patio
      • Gazebo
    • Attic
      • Secret entrances
      • Reading nook
      • Cool window with a great view
Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 6:38 AM, heavens-champion said:

If you had your own castle, what would you want it to have?

A pool. other than that, I am basically already living in one ^_^

Classic-loooking. Something huge, protective, and beautiful. I would want a massive fountain in front, a beautiful garden in the back, and a moat with a draw bridge.

92709CD9-DE97-4CAF-A4CE-25F771597AF7.jpeg

I'd want it to have an armory full of all the firearms I could never afford as well as pool tables swimming pools and if course the best gaming setup money can buy! 

• Brohoof 1

My own castle would be a classic, big room, a lot of space, nice ceiling, nice painting, a lot of thing covered in gold ! A real classic castle.
But in the garden, oh boy, I want a circuit, a motocross feld, a huge garage for all my toys. All the rest will be a wonderful garden with flower and trees from all over the word :love:

My dream castle would be a cross between the Forest Temple from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Peach's castle from Super Mario 64. Twisted corridors, paintings that lead to other worlds. Monsters that live on the ceiling that drop down on unsuspecting intruders. Plus other supernatural things inhabiting the walls and halls.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am not sure if I want one really big that people might get lost though I make sure there are signs just incase like too the room with a water park like slides and kind of fun stuff and another for arcades and maybe a library  a party room where I could invite friends and family maybe have my favorite fast food places for when I don't  feel like eating what is in the kitchen and maybe have a room stocked up on tasty goodies and a movie theater for movies or TV  and personal rooms where I can get away from people and play on the computer but that is just my dream castle maybe I will put Silverspark in 

1 hour ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

I'm sure you'd like your castle Silvermoon:LunaMCM:  

I would probably after getting used to a place to big my voice does echos on the walls! A big empty place! All for myself... The only thing is that I wouldn't know how to fill all the space! But it's a detail! :twi:

• 2 weeks later...

A huge tea room where I can invite my friends, comfy living rooms with chimneys and a big library so that my inner book horse is also satisfied