Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web how much do you pay for your internet connection?

zerox

About $200 a month. The thing is, there are two reasons for this; 1. I have what was the best possible connection speed that they had available at the time and 2. CABLE. I pay for the internet/cable bill, but if I had my way, I would toss the cable out of the equation in a heartbeat. It is the most expensive thing in the bill and it is worthless to me. Problem is my dad and his girlfriend are all like 'bleeeeeh but we want TV!' when there are plenty of far better alternatives on the internet already. Plus if I through out the cable, I could upgrade the internet speed to the new highest connection, which is DOUBLE what my current speed is. The sad part is that would probably still be cheaper than the cable.

Something like $90-$100 a month...

To be honest, kind of  a bit much for a connection hardly good enough to play YouTube videos at 360p without buffering...

Edited by Nerdy Luigi

3.4 / 0.6 for ... I think it's around £20 (€23, $25.) It wouldn't cost much more to get faster speeds but 3.4 does what I need it to do. Downloading games from Steam can take a while though (so I'd better not buy them - more savings!)

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

We pay about $120 CAD per month for unlimited 250/20 - we've been slowly upgrading to faster and faster plans as they've been coming out while cancelling other things we don't use like TV and home phone. My ISP now offers 1Gbps, but it is unlikely to come to where I am any time soon. as it is a condo building with 50 year old infrastructure.

I am not sure how much my dad pays for internet itself since cable and phone is bundled in there but from looking on Charters website you can get unlimited 60mbps internet for $44 a month. When i get my own house one day i will likely only pay for internet as cable and home phone are pretty useless for me personally as i don't use either so $44 a month doesn't seem all that bad especially since it would be fulfilling all my entertainment needs. 

I pay €60 for 150Mbit internet. I do actually reach that speed outbound, but my inhouse cable is old and only reaches 95Mbit. Still, more than fast enough for my purposes.

• 11 months later...
(edited)

$50 a month for absolutely, undeniably horrible internet (1 Mbps download, .5 Mbps upload). In layman's terms, so slow that it would take upwards of an entire day to download a 9GB game if it were going the entire day at its absolute best speed.

Edited by Classic Meme

i dont know the details (Denz' department) but i do know we have one of the best fibreoptic packages that BT offers and we pay £50-55 a month for it.

We decided before moving here that we have to have one of the best net connections we could get as we are avid PC gamers.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

im paying for what i can get out here besides satalight (fixed internet) for 69$ a month for 5MBPS  , and 1 upload , ya its what i can get unless something better comes around or hopefully cox will expand there service.

Way too much for what we get. The connection we had last year was practically flawless, but after it got 'upgraded', it took a massive nose dive. It really makes me wonder, what the bloody hell happened?

On 3/22/2017 at 7:06 PM, Oleks said:

$5.2 a month - Internet + cable TV. Connection fast enough to play 4K Youtube video without buffering. 

OK, 
Booking next available flights to Ukraine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyways, my mum pays £50 a month for the fastest internet in Scotland (BT) (50MBit/S download) and for their landline and TV Box

But that's to change soon, with an inferior connection from PlusNet

Edited by KindaEvilTwily

I believe we pay somewhere around the $56 a month range, tax included, for a grandfathered-in Spectrum package, before we were under Spectrum branding. (30Mbit/s download)

$100 for 140

Though more often than not I get much slower. There's always at least three devices connected to it at all times and some, like my PS4, don't seem capable of reaching higher than 25 down. Ever.

Still better than my old one where I paid $60 for 20 but got barely 8, if that, most of the time.

Data plan for my phone? $14/ month. 

At home? Nothing. Part of a sort of rent agreement with my folks. Food, rent and amenities are free as long as I work full time and put half my earnings into savings and investments. 

Though since half my pay check after taxes is part of the deal, I guess I'm paying quite a bit?