Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Episodes 3 and 4 titles appear!

EquestriaGuy

I like maud and all, but COME ON GUYS, you're overdoing it here... Maud has had an episode heavily featuring her every season since her introduction. I like the girl and all, but it seems she's gotten a disproportionate amount of representation when we have other characters like celestia begging for attention.

As for the flurry heart one... Eh, not really up for this one. I actually don't mind flurry heart, but this one sounds pretty meh, and I'm not a twilight fan as is.
THAT BEING SAID, thank FREAKING GOD we finally are getting some more twilight episodes about something BESIDES freaking Starlight. Starlight "stole" all of twilight's episode slots last season, leaving twilight to co-star alongside her as the central figure in an episode or co-star with the other 5 in an episode.

hopefully we get some more dev of her emotions and character.

• Brohoof 2

Maud has had an episode heavily featuring her every season since her introduction

I wouldn't say the episodes she was in during season 5 heavily featured her. She only had a minor supporting role as Pinkie's plus one in Make New Friends But Keep Discord, she wasn't anymore heavily featured than the rest of the Pie family in Hearthbreakers, which I wouldn't say any individual besides Applejack and Pinkie could be considered heavily featured given the large cast in that episode, and only had a cameo in The Cutie Re-Mark.

Edited by Marimo

I'm more excited for episode 3 with Flurry than for episode 4. Maud is good, but she is a little bit overused and I would like to see the other sisters for a change. And Maud in ponyville? She becomes annoying as she pops up to much.

Edited by Hierok

I have been waiting for an Aunty Twily and Flurry Heart episode, but I am not sure I like the sound of this. I don't like the idea of an episode simply making Twilight look stupid because season 6 did that already. Sure, the ending could make up for it but I am tired of seeing Twilight in a negative light, now all for some alicorn-born-for-no-reason character that basically didn't exist after the season 6 premiere. I will give it a chance though.

The Maud episode actually sounds a tad...boring, and I like Maud. It sounds like it will simply be a retread of what we have seen from her.

Still, I am not counting these episodes out or anything, just having some concerns. As always I hope they rise above those concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

Maud is really getting overexposed. We don't need to have full episodes on her once a season. How about the rest of the Pie family for a change?

On 3/21/2017 at 10:55 AM, digit112 said:

Maybe an episode were fluttershy teaches Marble Pie to be more assertive? That would be great.

Or Fluttershy trying to teach Limestone how to find her inner chill.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/22/2017 at 9:02 AM, VG_Addict said:

Anyone else think that S7 will be off to a bad start with the first 4 episodes?

I'm not that concerned. The first two look like solid premises. Twilight foalsitting could yield a laugh or two (plus an epic freakout). The Maud episode can touch on a common dynamic we don't see often, namely a family member that wants to move closer to another. 

People seem to be focused more on character selection rather than story potential, which I could see if it was a character that never had a good moment at all. For me, I just want to be entertained by a well executed set-up. 

• Brohoof 1