Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Lyra and Lyra

Totally Nyx

14 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

Expensive real leather imported from Yakyakistan. So pricey.

What species of animal was used for that? Nothing sentient, I certainly hope.

14 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

Why is Lyra what? What? Why are you? Why am I what? What'd I do? Did you? I didn't! It wasn't me, I promise! D:

Are you suuuure, Lyra?

What is the best material for making cutlery out of, in your opinion/s?

What is the largest gemstone you've ever seen?

What's the favourite subject that you took in school?

Is Twilight Sparkle actually as adorable as we have been led to believe?

• Brohoof 2

Hello, Lyra & Totally Lyra

This was originally going to be a question by Sparklefan asking Lyra "whether or not you've tried human sports?"

but, I thought I would also share my "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day" experience with you if you wouldn't mind.

When I woke up this morning my #1 Assistant Spike informed me that it was "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day", that I had been

"given the day off" by order of Princess Celestia & that all of my appointments had been rescheduled so,

I would be free to do whatever I wanted.

Long story short, I spent my morning reading my favorite book followed by lunch with Lyra, Minuette & my friends from Ponyville.

(There were a lot of "little" things we did, too but, I'd rather not bore you with those insignificant details.)

Finally after I returned home from Canterlot, I went to my room  & went straight to bed because, by that time, I was completely exhausted.

Thank You  for reading my "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day" story & thank you SO MUCH for lunch Lyra it was absolutely wonderful!

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again everypony! I suppose I should apologize, I took Lyra away to the human world for her help with salsa-making. And I'd like you to know, she's a natural at it. She says she can't cook well. Don't believe her, it was beautiful!

But I... I didn't do that much, really. All I did was cut up vegetables.

Don't sell yourself short, that's about 90% of making salsa. Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to hear us ramble on about that. Let's get down to business, questions.

Yes indeed!

On 7/30/2017 at 2:46 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hey, Lyra! I just thought I'd let you know that I just took the first batch of nacho's out of the oven &

am handing them to Derpy as I speak, I hope you like them.

That's a great answer Totally Lyra & you've basically described exactly how I feel about Twilight Sparkle & Rapunzel, too, if she counts. 

Thanks Spike! It took a few days for Derpy to get here, but who can blame her. Who'd have thought we'd be in the human world. The nachos were delicious and they went absolutely perfectly with the salsa.

I brought you a jar back too. *hands jar of salsa over* Don't eat that all yourself now, be sure to share some with Twilight.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:20 AM, Duality said:

What species of animal was used for that? Nothing sentient, I certainly hope.

Are you suuuure, Lyra?

Oh, umm, I hope not. I didn't ask. o_O

Yes I'm sure. I'm innocent! D:

On 7/31/2017 at 3:20 AM, Duality said:

What is the best material for making cutlery out of, in your opinion/s?

What is the largest gemstone you've ever seen?

What's the favourite subject that you took in school?

Is Twilight Sparkle actually as adorable as we have been led to believe?

You know, I don't know all that much about it, but I know steel makes for some durable knives.

I unfortunately haven't seen many real gemstones, so probably something tiny. I saw a big one once. Spike gave a really large gem to Rarity a few years ago. It was huge! I didn't get a close look at it so I don't know what kind it was though.

In high school, math definitely. At college, I really enjoyed all my programming courses. :D

Is Twi-, well there's one easy answer, but I think I'm gonna let @Sparklefan1234 take this one for us. She can say it so much better. :)

On 7/31/2017 at 1:20 PM, The Cerberus said:

Favorite type of Villain? (Crazed maniac who enjoys being evil, No other choice- evil, Calm and cold villain, etc.)

Any villain can be good if they're made right. I'm a fan of the misguided villains, the ones that think they're right and are doing what needs to be done. Evil for the sake of good.

On 8/3/2017 at 8:55 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hello, Lyra & Totally Lyra

This was originally going to be a question by Sparklefan asking Lyra "whether or not you've tried human sports?"

but, I thought I would also share my "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day" experience with you if you wouldn't mind.

When I woke up this morning my #1 Assistant Spike informed me that it was "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day", that I had been

"given the day off" by order of Princess Celestia & that all of my appointments had been rescheduled so,

I would be free to do whatever I wanted.

Oh, I missed it? D:
I hope you had a wonderful Princess Twilight Sparkle Day! And here I was, making salsa and only thinking about myself. Good thing Spike remembered though. :D

Long story short, I spent my morning reading my favorite book followed by lunch with Lyra, Minuette & my friends from Ponyville.

(There were a lot of "little" things we did, too but, I'd rather not bore you with those insignificant details.)

Finally after I returned home from Canterlot, I went to my room  & went straight to bed because, by that time, I was completely exhausted.

Wait, you were there Lyra? :o

Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you. You were just so into that salsa, I didn't want to distract you. post-25189-0-95061000-1412626521.png

Oh, that's fine. But by all means, distract me next time. :)

Thank You  for reading my "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day" story & thank you SO MUCH for lunch Lyra it was absolutely wonderful!

You're welcome, it was my pleasure. *bows*

On 8/13/2017 at 9:10 PM, Sun Ray said:

Do you and Lyra help each other with salsa?

Yes indeed we do. There's a lot that goes into making salsa, so there's plenty for everypony to do. Lyra prepared a lot of the vegetables, while I took care of most of the other ingredients as well as cooking what was in the pot. We both did a little bit of everything though.

It was actually a lot of fun! I've never made salsa before, and there was a lot of knife work on those veggies, but I love learning new things, especially delicious things like this. post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Thank you everypony for the questions, and I'll make sure we're here to answer them faster next time. *bows humbly*

Don't worry, I won't let him get carried away like that again. See you next time. :)

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Totally Lyra said:

Is Twi-, well there's one easy answer, but I think I'm gonna let @Sparklefan1234 take this one for us. She can say it so much better. :)

Thank you, Lyra

Also, I'm sorry YouTotally Lyra both missed "Princess Twilight Sparkle Day" & I hope you'll be able to join in the celebration next time.

To answer your question @Duality, in my opinion, Twilight Sparkle is just as "adorkable" as you've been led to believe. :adorkable:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

In high school, math definitely. At college, I really enjoyed all my programming courses.

You're the numbers type, then? What does Lyra think of your proficiency in that area?

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

To answer your question @Duality, in my opinion, Twilight Sparkle is just as "adorkable" as you've been led to believe.

i knew it...

How many middle names do you have?

What is your favourite flower?

How many first cousins do you have?

If you had one object, what would you choose?

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

What's this Lyra? Have we left a question unanswered again? Let's rectify this at once!

Yes yes!

On 8/25/2017 at 11:59 PM, Duality said:

You're the numbers type, then? What does Lyra think of your proficiency in that area?

He's really good with those numbers. People have called him a human calculator before and used him as one occasionally. Don't let him deny it, he enjoys it.

That's true, but honestly people don't ask hard questions. I could be doing so much more with my skills in number manipulation.

That's, umm, kinda unrelated Totally Lyra.post-25189-0-95061000-1412626521.png 

Oh, hehe. I suppose it is isn't it. :P Anyway, carry on.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:59 PM, Duality said:

How many middle names do you have?

What is your favourite flower?

How many first cousins do you have?

If you had one object, what would you choose?

All yours, and stay on topic this time.

Okie dokie, let's see then.

I'm nothing special in this department, one middle name like most other people.

Hmm, I never really gave it much thought as to which flower is my favorite. I suppose I like marigolds and chrysanthemums more than a lot of other flowers. Oh, snapdragons are pretty cool too.

I have too many first cousins to count. Between the two of them, my parents have around 15 siblings, a lot of those having families of their own, some rather large. So yeah, I have quite a few. ^_^

Just one object? Ooh that's hard! I can't just choose without taking sufficient time to think about it. I'm assuming we're going with an object that actually exists. Well there's one object that so long as I have it I don't need anything else, but I already have it. Aside from that, maybe a... oh, I got it! A Lyra plushie!!!

What?

You heard me. :toldya:

But I'm right here, why do you want a small inanimate version of me?

And what about when you're not here? Who am I suppose to talk to? Who could possibly understand me as well as you do?

I... suppose? Hey! Sidetracked again!

Eep!

On 9/16/2017 at 0:26 PM, RDFan89 said:

To pony Lyra, are you good at playing football? We could use another long snapper or a linebacker to try and sack Chrysalis when she has the ball.

I've played football a few time, I'm not all that good though. And over in Equestria it's called hoofball. I tried to get them to change the name, but nopony else is quite interested enough in humans to want to humanize the name. I don't think they've ever seen human football either.

Wait, Chrysalis is playing? *runs for cover*

Lyra wait! Yeah, I think she's gonna be gone for a while.

Anyway, I'll be here awaiting any further questions, and unless those questions come in the very near future I believe Lyra will be back here to help answer them as well.

*bows humbly*

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Mirage77 said:

What makes you happy?

A lot of things make me happy: Lyra, talking to friends, playing video games, eating delicious food. But what really makes me happy is helping someone else to smile, helping bring just a little more joy into their day, that makes me happier than anything else.

What about you Ly - oh. She's still gone. :P

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

We have difficulty smiling, but we like to make other ponies happy too. Still, it is hard to do so.

Perhaps that is why it is so rewarding?

For most things that's true, but I find when bringing smiles to peoples' faces it doesn't matter how hard it is, that smile is still just as rewarding. :)

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Have you ever played Fighting is Magic? Did you like it?

I did download it and play about a year or 2 ago. I'm not a big fan of that type of fighting game, I can never do very well. But I did play it a lot and got kinda good. Haven't played it in a long time though.

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

What kind of game do you envision the FiM universe is most fitting?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that. Do you mean like if it were a game, what style of game would fit it best? Or something else?

I so confuse.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Yes, what kind of game? Like maybe a FPS - but with cupcakes?

Well it'd be so easy to say it would make a good RPG, but really just about every show would. A good show has a good world with a good history to it, those things also make for a good RPG.

I could see it making a good puzzle game too.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

He's really good with those numbers. People have called him a human calculator before and used him as one occasionally. Don't let him deny it, he enjoys it.

Snap question: what's 83/12?

10 hours ago, Totally Lyra said:

A Lyra plushie!!!

What?

You heard me.

But I'm right here, why do you want a small inanimate version of me?

And what about when you're not here? Who am I suppose to talk to? Who could possibly understand me as well as you do?

Minor irregularity here: if you want a small inanimate version of Lyra because you want someone to talk to and understand you when she's not around, why did you specifically say a plushie? Why not, say, a Funko figurine?

Would you like different and/or additional middle names, on in addition to and/or replacing the one you have?

What's your favourite bird?

How many middle names can you think of, off the top of your head, that belong to family members of yours?

• Brohoof 2

On 9/19/2017 at 2:59 PM, Totally Lyra said:

But what really makes me happy is helping someone else to smile, helping bring just a little more joy into their day, that makes me happier than anything else.

I try to do the same thing every time I log on to the forums. :)

Here is my question for Lyra:

"Do you watch MLP:FiM with Totally Lyra when you can? If you do, what are some of your favorite episodes?"

Thank You for answering my question! 

P.S. Twilight Sparkle says "Hello, Lyra & Totally Lyra!:adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Duality said:

Snap question: what's 83/12?

Minor irregularity here: if you want a small inanimate version of Lyra because you want someone to talk to and understand you when she's not around, why did you specifically say a plushie? Why not, say, a Funko figurine?

Ooh! Uhh... 6.91667! (technically the 6 repeats, there's no 7)

Why not a plushie? They both serve that purpose quite well, but the plushie is much more huggable.

:blink: <--(Lyra)

;) <--(Totally Lyra)

16 hours ago, Duality said:

Would you like different and/or additional middle names, on in addition to and/or replacing the one you have?

What's your favourite bird?

How many middle names can you think of, off the top of your head, that belong to family members of yours?

Nah, one middle name's enough for me. I don't even really use it either. Aside from my immediate family, I don't think anyone knows what it is, just the letter it starts with. :P

Woodpeckers are awesome. Their tongue wraps around their skull. xD

I know my immediate family's middle names, but aside from that I can think of three of my cousins' middle names. Wow, that's not that many. :o

22 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I try to do the same thing every time I log on to the forums. :)

Here is my question for Lyra:

"Do you watch MLP:FiM with Totally Lyra when you can? If you do, what are some of your favorite episodes?"

Thank You for answering my question! 

P.S. Twilight Sparkle says "Hello, Lyra & Totally Lyra!:adorkable:

You don't just try, you succeed. :D

Agreed, I love seeing your messages! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Totally Lyra has shown me a couple episodes before. They were pretty interesting. I don't allow myself to watch any more with him though, it just feels like I'm spying on my friends' lives. I like to know about their adventures, but I can do that by asking them and letting them tell me what they want to tell me. I can't help but wonder though, where do all the camera ponies hide? They have so much Ponyville footage, yet nopony has every seen them filming. :o

Hi Twi! :D

Would you be so kind as to tell Twilight "Hello" for us. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

You don't just try, you succeed. :D

Agreed, I love seeing your messages! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Thank you *so* much for your compliment! Seeing things like this makes what I do worth it. :D

Totally Lyra has shown me a couple episodes before. They were pretty interesting. I don't allow myself to watch any more with him though, it just feels like I'm spying on my friends' lives. I like to know about their adventures, but I can do that by asking them and letting them tell me what they want to tell me. I can't help but wonder though, where do all the camera ponies hide? They have so much Ponyville footage, yet nopony has every seen them filming. :o

"Wait, are people able to watch us on the magic picture box?" :confused:

"Twilight, are you doing that thing where you pretend not to know anything about human technology

even though we've been friends since the end of Season 3?" :twi:

"Yes." :P *Chuckles*

Would you be so kind as to tell Twilight "Hello" for us. :fluttershy:

"Hello, Twilight."  :twi:

"Who are you?" :P 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Thank you *so* much for your compliment! Seeing things like this makes what I do worth it. :D

You're quite welcome. :)

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Wait, are people able to watch us on the magic picture box?" :confused:

"Twilight, are you doing that thing where you pretend not to know anything about human technology

even though we've been friends since the end of Season 3?" :twi:

"Yes." :P *Chuckles*

:3

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Hello, Twilight."  :twi:

"Who are you?" :P 

Wait a second... *looks at watch* (because that's the perfect excuse to take a moment to think, even when it's unrelated to what time it is) You know who I am, this isn't the first time we've talked. You such a silly pony. :P *boops Twi's nose*

Uh oh, I recognize these symptoms. Any second now Totally Lyra's gonna get just a bit too tired and turn into a bit of a rambling goofball.

Was that an insult or a compliment? I'm not sure. *stares blankly into the distance*

Ok yeah, let's get you to bed now. *carries off a half asleep Totally Lyra*

28 minutes ago, shadowwarp940 said:

Hey Lyra, I'M A HUMAN!

Apologies, it'll just be me answering your question at the moment.

Wait, what? HUMAN!!! *dives for the human* post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

• Brohoof 4