Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science Do you believe in Bigfoot?

The Equestrian Brony

First of all, this is not a scientific essay meant to prove the existence of Bigfoot.

But that doesn't mean that you can make whatever claims you want without providing any proof.

As far as my claim of evidence of Bigfoot's existence despite shortage of evidence, the evidence is there in the hair and tissue samples.

But you don't have any reliable sources to back that up with, so for all I know you could be making that up. 

If you want sources for the Yeti stories, it is true that most aren't 'officially' reported by the witnesses because there isn't anyone to report them to. But when scientists and documentary teams go to these remote places in search of evidence and ask questions, they are answered with these accounts (many first hand). 

Don't you find it a bit weird that said scientists and documentary teams never see the yeti themselves? I mean, they obviously has no problem with being seen by humans since there have been multiple sightings of them. 

It's not likely they would lie about something like a Yeti because there's no reason to.

There are plenty of reason for lying about the existence of the Yeti. Getting attention, for example.

They see lots of bears and other animals and they identify them as such. When they see something different such as a Yeti, they likewise identify them accordingly. 

I fail to see your point. Sure, people who live in Nepal have probably seen lots of bears and similar animals but that doesn't mean that nobody have ever misidentified one of those animals in the history of mankind. 

First of all, that list makes it seem like there are lot more different versions than there actually are. I mean, it lists windigo (a creature that has very little in common  with Bigfoot)  at least 7 different times (each with a different spelling, but still). It also list Loup-garou (which is french for werewolf, which is another creature that has little in common with Bigfoot). and King Kong. 

Anyway, it doesn't really prove anything other than people make up similar stories. I mean, almost every culture have some form of dragon, but you can't really use that to prove that there exist a race of flying fire breathing giant lizards. 

If you want to seek the truth, it's good to be somewhat skeptical, but at the same time, you can't just write off everything short of a live specimen captured for analysis. 

Good thing I don't do that then. I just want some other kind of proof than eye witnesses and shaky film footage.   

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 2

Bigfoot isn't really such a farfetched thing as one could think, but the fact that there's supposedly just ONE is silly. If there were bigfoots, there'd be an entire species of them. People have chased after this guy for ages and ages without finding any proof so no, I do not believe in bigfoot. I think it's rather silly that people say they have seen him.

Yeah, no, I don't.

Have as much credibility as dragons, gargoyles, Dracula, etc.

Why are the images ALWAYS blurry for some reason..?

Although I do believe in aliens..

Edited by Autism is Cute AF

I'd like to believe in most cryptozoological beings, but lack of convincing evidence makes me think it's just wishful thinking. Every picture you find is grainy, same with UFO pictures and videos. Why are all these sightings recorded on potatoes instead of the ubiquitous full HD we have today?

• 2 years later...

I know a branch of their species. There used to be more advanced human beings in a now destroyed planet called maldek, they caused enough trouble to bring the attention of 8th dimensional intelligence that quarantined the planet to prevent the bellicosity of its inhabitants from spreading.

I was told the maldekians destroyed themselves while trying to disable a barrier similar to the one that contains human beings and their conflictive creators on earth. The traumatized consciousness of the people of maldek was relocated with a less advanced form of body, limited in those areas they previously abused to create destruction.

When the intelligence of a given species advances before the consciousness, power becomes available, but without the wisdom and compassion of the heart, self-destruction becomes the most likely scenario.

On earth, they are limited by a primitive form, to explore those areas of the self they previously ignored, and now learn the meaning of compassion and oneness with the earth, as opposed to killing each other and the planet that was being of service with nuclear weapons.

This information may contain distortions, as my memory is inhibited because of the process of amnesic rehabilitation being used with humankind.

• Brohoof 1

a42b4106533a51fda0c191f10274e30091a909e6

I'm this close to cracking this whole thing wide open, guys.

Also, can I just say that I'm jealous you guys even get Bigfoot? In the UK the best we have is like, unusually big cats and maybe a plesiosaur up in Scotland.

♫ Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart, How the music can free her whenever it starts? And it's magic... ♫

No I don't believe in Bigfoot. Mostly because it is a U.S. thing, and we don't have it here.

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't. I'd need much more evidence than there is to believe in him (and the same goes for the Loch Ness Monster and friends). Either that or seeing him in person... though I'd probably wonder if I was going mad if that happened. :wacko:

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Tacodidra said:

No, I don't. I'd need much more evidence than there is to believe in him (and the same goes for the Loch Ness Monster and friends). Either that or seeing him in person... though I'd probably wonder if I was going mad if that happened. :wacko:

@Tacodidra What is Bigfoot called in Finnish?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Tacodidra said:

We don't talk much about him here, but he's called Isojalka. Which is Finnish for Bigfoot (boring, I know). :please:

We call him Storfot which is an exact translation for Bigfoot in Swedish.

In US, they call him Bigfoot® or Sasquatch®. They trade everything :wacko::awwthanks:

• Brohoof 2