Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

how much money have you spent on pony merch until now?

zerox

I have easily spent several hundreds at minimum. I was sorta going nuts with buying MLP stuff for the first two years in the fandom. Nowadays I barely buy any, mostly because I already have so much and I am satisfied with that.

I spent nothing as I don't have any merchandise. lol

Same OP. I don't have jack shit xD (Not even a shirt)

I talk about ponies all the time irl, but I feel like the majority of pony merch doesn't quite meet my expectations for quality. That Fluttershy x Discord figure by welovefine looked pretty badass tho. Need more stuff like that.

Same OP. I don't have jack shit xD (Not even a shirt)

I talk about ponies all the time irl, but I feel like the majority of pony merch doesn't quite meet my expectations for quality. That Fluttershy x Discord figure by welovefine looked pretty badass tho. Need more stuff like that.

Can you post a pic? a wanna see it :D

Limited quantities I see. only 1400 made. I don't even wanna know how much that thing costs lol

I think it was around 85.00, but it's been a while.

I don't really know how much I've spent on just Pony merch. I bought Pony merch for my kids since before G4 and have regularly picked a few things up here and there. If you add two conventions into the mix it's easily a decent amount.

Yeah. I track expenses but I group hobbies together so I can't even use my budget tracking to tell.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/22/2017 at 0:50 PM, Jeric said:

I think it was around 85.00, but it's been a while.

I just found one on eBay for $240CAD ($180US). kinda crazy....Soldout on WLF but last price on there was $160...which I"m guessing is in US dollars

As for me...I've easily spent $300+ on merch...from rare Fluttershy collectibles to overpriced t-shirts. :blush:

Well *cough* uhm, is enough answer enough?
K...
I've spent probably, roughly converter into USD, 1300$
I did get myself a rather large plushie of Dashie and a rather big poster with signatures, so those 2 things does indeed deem guilty of most of the money spent.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:45 AM, Cosmic V0rtex said:

Before Wednesday I spent 0$ but since this day I've bought for 250$ of merch, mostly on Vinyl figures, no regrets :P

that's what you call a shopping spree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would estimate ~$350 on figures, books and plushes. Let me do the math on how much I've spent on episodes... based off of the prices I remember paying, which may not be 100% accurate, I put the total spent on episodes at $483.

I make sure to buy all of the new episodes as they come out on iTunes, so I expect to spend another $48 (not including taxes) on episodes this year. Oh! I'll also be buying the MLP movie on Blu-ray, assuming I like it when I see it in theaters, so add another $20 or so for the disc and maybe $30 in tickets for me and my family to see it at the theater.

I'd LOVE to buy many, many more figures and stuff but I'm running out of space on my desk for it all.

• 3 months later...

On merchandise, practically nothing. On commissions and community thing? Uhh... it's probably well past $1,000US.

Over 400 bucks. (80+ comics, including the Fiendship is magic set, a pinkie BAB, Fluttershy Giant beanie baby, Several smaller beanie babies, several books, 40 or so blind bag minis, a handful of the vinyl blind box figurines, 12 Funko Vinyl collectables, several random mini figurines, and two cupcake keepsakes, along with some trading cards, a Derpy Trucker hat, and a pair of t-shirts)

Way too much to my liking. I haven't kept count and I'm not too skilled with estimating either but probably a few hundred euros. Exact amount or not, it still feels like too much since I've made rather many pony-related impulse purchases too.

Are you also going to include the expenses of making the convention trips along with the merch, because it would kind of seem like a combined expense.

Altogether I think I've spent probably just under $200 in the past 4 years. I just have a few figures and the Celestia and Luna records.

Thank goodness I'm very picky and only buy show accurate stuff. Otherwise I'm sure I probably bought some other stuff too.

Some of the plushies I've seen are amazing but I can't justify spending the going price on them.