Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Order of the Flower [OOC between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne]

Nightmare Season

@Nightmare Season

Welp, he's part of her backstory. I could tell the same if Crystal's idiot brother popped up in Noire. Still,  I think your guy is more annoying, and that's something considering Snowflake is based off a living person.

Also, Natural won't be able to catch up unless the carriage gets bogged down on the way, or they have some other issues that prevent speeding to Baltimare.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nightmare Season

Glad to hear that you've got your life back, to an extent at least. I'll post a reply every other day or so, sometimes wider apart as my chores and other respinsibilities allow.

Quite honestly, I've kind of lost touch with my characters from sheer lack of RP so, Natural may act a wee bit OOC for herself till I nail the act again. Just a heads up on my current status.

Anyway, any ideas how to push it onward? I took the liberty of carving out the mood and scenery of Griffonstone and it's surrounding areas, and I'm rather pleased with the result so far. It also allows for introductions of some intriguing elements later on... However, I am at loss as to how and when add any obstacles and dangers to the Quest, and whe that red coated crossbow target of a stallion will show up again... (making him sectretly an agent of some Organisation that doesn't want the flower to be found would be cool.) 

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne

I am about the same way.

I think after this flower we can head to the train station and head to Grittish Isles for the next flower. On the way there Richly Fabulous just misses us heading to the valley. As for obstacles, just throw them in whenever.

I feel that Richly is better suited to latter find out about the Eternal Bloom and how it can give eternal life and then will try and get it before Peony to use and to use it as a means to get Peony to marry him. The organization that protects the flower can be somepony else.

• Brohoof 1

@Nightmare Season

Yeah, that sounds better actually - the last paragraph of your post to be specific. Also, I might come up with some believeable obstacle on the way back to Griffonstone, but it's not a solid idea yet. Giving them a rest from Richly for now works well too, since he was thrown off their trail and will need to catch up.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@Nightmare Season

Alright, glad to hear you got some rest at last.

As far as the rp is concerned, it feels like coming back to a film after that 30 minute commercial break and not remembering what it was all about. Not to mention that we are basically fast forwarding all the time... I'd rather slow the pace down so they can actually interact rather than just skim to the next milestone. 

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne

Alright, I will try and do my best to slow the pase down. It is hard for me to get into her since she is so different from my personality. Nightmare Season was literally me in pony form so it was easy to be him. Peony is a different matter. Also it might help if we make a list of a few things to do or want to toss in.

First the Lazilillies I was going to have can't get to the island with them due to their pollen so we have to go get another one first to counter act them. We could also take a trip back to her home for a short visit to try and get Richly off their trail. This could get him to hunt the flowers first for a latter encounter of the bad kind?

• Brohoof 1

@Nightmare Season

Nice sig. My characters tend to seem very different from me, but the seed of simillarity allows me to connect with them. At least that's how I go about portraying characters.

Dunno really, at first it seemed like a good RP concept and it does have potential still, though it may take a bit more effort on my part to go beyond just describing the scenery and such. I was about to toss a monster of the week in Griffonstone but kinda scrapped the idea and went with annoying weather and hair greying overpass. Maybe it's because your OC is no good in a fight, makes me hesistant about introducing combat of any sorts since it's not much you can do with that toon in such circumstances.

Getting Richly off their tails is crucial at this time of the RP, since they won't be able to run for long. He can learn about the reason Peony left home from her parents and decide to get the plant to win her affection. At least tilll he somehow learns about the properties her quarry posess. Maybe it's my vengeful side speaking up but I sure wouldn't mind an Indiana Jones style temple exploration once they unlock it, with Richly getting out of it with some future scar material. That, and the "protectors" of the secret will surface at some point, like Templars in "Treasure of the Nations" film with Nick Cage. But that's far future.

Back to the current time, lockig them out of that particular plant might be an interesting twist, but why play the pollen card again, when you can have, say, a ritual circle of dark magic practitioners on that island, which just happenned to affect the enviroment around it? Mainly making the water highly acidic and thus impossible to cross in any other way than teleportation. They may decide to pass Canterlot in order to gran Peony this ability, even if just through a here-and-back scroll or some other expensive magic item to help them get across. How does that sound?

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne

The whole dark magic ritual would seem a bit far fetched. I want to tie in the pollen again because the plan is each flower is connected to each other by the pollen. I do also want to bring forth the mysterious group that protects the flower after they go back to Canterlot for an intermission of sorts.

The idea is if a pony is under the effect of one flower, they can't be effected by another one till the symptom wears off. So the Lazilillies prevents ponies rowing a boat to the small island so we would need to get the hearts desire or giggling funflower first then come back.

@Nightmare Season

Yeah, I guess so... Sometimes I overdo stuff like that. The pollen idea can actually work, in this particullar setting. Although considering the already known effect of one, the others may be just as negative on ponies who come in contast with the plants...

I'll mount a reply this week, honest, but it was a wee bit hectic on my end these past few days, with the beginning of the month at work and some other stuff concerning the all important days at the end of the year.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Nightmare Season

So my next post, once I type it, will bring us back to Canterlot. I guess there ar 2 possibilities: both mares get back to Peony's house and Natural stays outside,  unsure of what to expect inside,  or Peony gets swooped by her dense admirer before she even sets hoof off the train, leaving my OC in a bit of a shock and unsure how to proceed. She would decide to stay someplace or perhaps the Flower will give her a hint.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

@Nightmare Season

With the way you portrait her "nemesis", the whole station would be decorated and he would stand on the red carpet with ridiculously large bouquet, and after a bad soap opera style welcome he would take her to her home for the big news yeah...

I think I may put it that way and keep my OC on the outskirts of the events.

• 2 weeks later...