Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ugh, more bad Japanese P.C. Ports >.<;

ChocolateCrane

This pisses me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvnG3-JwLl4

^These Japanese devs really need to get their shit together. This will probably turn off most PC gamers to NieR: Automata, which is a TRAVESTY considering how mind-shatteringly amazing this game truly is.

I played it on Ps4 Pro, and I'm currently on my second playthrough. It is hands down the BEST game I have played on current gen consoles (aside from the Wii U's Xenoblade Chronicles X which is a life changing experience of a game). NieR:Automata offers nearly everything I want in a videogame; large INTERESTING open world with HUGE rewards for actually exploring it, large emphasis on replayability with many alternate endings and secrets to boot, massive level of gear based customization and progression (you can even increase your movement speed <33 ), and IMMACULATELY composed music (some of the best I have ever heard in my life). Oh, and the difficulty is legendary if you want it to be. Just try playing on "Hard" or "Very Hard" mode xD

This game shits on Horizon Zero Dawn <-- which is a masterpiece in and of itself. Shame that lazy ports like this will muddy many gamers' initial impressions -.-

Edited by ChocolateCrane

Well, the video you linked said that it was a "decent port", which is good enough for me. Some stuttering and laggy cutscenes won't stop me. I mean, I used to have an incredibly bad pc, so finding a game that didn't  have stutters was a miracle. Now that I have a good pc, I'm content with everything, as long as it's playable. And this game certainly looks playable.

I used to play Dark Souls 1 on my old pc, and that was a bad port. Frame drops everywhere, some areas of the game were nigh unplayable, even with the community fix.

So I'm not too bothered by this. I'll probably buy this game once it's in a sale on Steam. :bedeyes:

Well, the video you linked said that it was a "decent port", which is good enough for me.

^Yeah, "decent" after you go out of your way to fix resolution problems and the like. And besides the letterboxing issue, NieR:Autoamata MAY be an amazing game, but the graphics on display here certainly aren't on par with other modern titles. A GTX 980 Ti shouldn't be having any issues with a game that resembles something on a Ps3. I understand many optimization issues exist with older games, like GTA 4, for example, but this is a NEW game, one that was slated to release multiplat from the very beginning. They should really put more effort into porting this stuff -.-

Yeah, "decent" after you go out of your way to fix resolution problems and the like.

Well, I don't mind spending a little time to fix it, if it gives me a good game to play. Sure, maybe the devs need to try to fix obvious issues like that, but I'm not going to say no to the game just because of that. I mean, I've spent hours and hours trying to get my mods in Minecraft to work, might as well spend 10 minutes fixing this game.

And graphics may be nice, but I prefer having nice gameplay. And this game seems to have a lot of that.