• Chicago White Sox
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Kansas City Royals
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Boston Red Sox
    • New York Yankees
    • Tampa Bay Rays
    • Toronto Blue Jays

Hello everypony, Aurora Wolf here. I don't expect many of the users here to appreciate the American tradition that is Baseball, but for those select few who do, here's a nice place to discuss it.

So which team is your favorite? Which team do you think will take home the World Series Title this year?

My favorite team is the Colorado Rockies, just because they are my home team. They've got great fielding and great hitting, with nice starting pitchers, but the bullpen last year was usually terrible and unfortunately I don't expect it to get much better.

Indians fan here. Defending AL Champs looking to repeat!

I'm excited about having Edwin Encarnacion (FINALLY some power hitting!), but I'm wondering if they'll be able to catch lightning in a bottle a second time with their pitching staff. I'm hoping to get to go to a few games this year.

Anyone play fantasy baseball?

Edited by BlueStreak98

This will be my first year actually trying to follow MLB! Considering my love for the city of Baltimore I wanted to give the Orioles a chance, and boy they won me over...somehow, considering I started following them during their last 2016 series against the Red Sox. XD

Still, while chances are slim for a World Series title, I'll be following the Orioles this year. :)

• Brohoof 1

For me, I have one west coast and one east coast team

West: LA Dodgers

East: Atlanta Braves

Dodgers had an epic season up until they got knocked out the World Series by the Cubs...let's hope they can continue that epic streak and bring one home. 

Chase Utley had a major grand slam last year. I hope he can hit some bombers this year. Kurshaw's been good too. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash
  • Brohoof 2

Even though I'm from Minnesota, and I respect my hometown Twins, they're Season last year was awful, and I didn't see any improvements, so while I still like the Twins, I've diverted my total support for the Texas Rangers.

They're true World Series contenders without ego problems. But hopefully the Twins won't be so bad this season either.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite team is the Colorado Rockies, just because they are my home team. They've got great fielding and great hitting, with nice starting pitchers, but the bullpen last year was usually terrible and unfortunately I don't expect it to get much better.

The Rockies do indeed have the offense, but didnt they sign Greg Holland? I heard he was a good reliever. Being a Dodgers fan, I don't really have THAT much against the Rockies. Sometimes I even wish they won the 2007 World Series.

Indians fan here. Defending AL Champs looking to repeat!

I'm excited about having Edwin Encarnacion (FINALLY some power hitting!), but I'm wondering if they'll be able to catch lightning in a bottle a second time with their pitching staff. I'm hoping to get to go to a few games this year.

Anyone play fantasy baseball?

Thanks for getting Edwin off the Blue Jays. I was hoping the Dodgers would go after him, but its not so bad in the end. Get ready for us when we come to visit on June 13th though.

For me, I have one west coast and one east coast team

West: LA Dodgers

East: Atlanta Braves

Dodgers had an epic season up until they got knocked out the World Series by the Cubs...let's hope they can continue that epic streak and bring one home. 

Chase Utley had a major grand slam last year. I hope he can hit some bombers this year. Kurshaw's been good too. 

Another Dodgers fan? I'm sure we'll get along just fine then.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for getting Edwin off the Blue Jays. I was hoping the Dodgers would go after him, but its not so bad in the end. Get ready for us when we come to visit on June 13th though.

Should be a good series.

How's LA holding up without Vin? It's gonna be strange without him there. Who's gonna do the games now, Charley Steiner? Orel? 

Should be a good series.

How's LA holding up without Vin? It's gonna be strange without him there. Who's gonna do the games now, Charley Steiner? Orel? 

Joe Davis is taking over for Vin. I'm sure a lot of people at home are still sad about him leaving, but it had to happen sometime.

Even I'm not totally over it yet. My dad actually met the guy once and got his autograph before we moved to Minnesota.

• Brohoof 1

I've never dug deep into broadcasters, but if there was someone other than Joe Buck I've ever heard of, it WAS Vin Scully.

I just hope the Rangers broadcaster is still around from last season whoever he is. I liked him.

Just now, Cl0udChaser said:

My favorite team is: Chicago Cubs

Must be nice to have the Cubbies out of that drought, it DID cost me since they had to beat out the Dodgers to get to the World Series, but it was fun to watch.

• Brohoof 1

The Cubs winning the World Series last year was fun to watch. Undoubtedly they'll be contenders again this year, but obviously we can't predict the future.

The only team in MLB that I ever paid much attention to was the Toronto Blue Jays because of what they've been through especially in the last twenty years or so.

4 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The only team in MLB that I ever paid much attention to was the Toronto Blue Jays because of what they've been through especially in the last twenty years or so.

I don't mean any disrespect here, but do people give you grief over that? Just asking because nowadays the Blue Jays are always mentioned when talking about sports teams with the worst reputation in terms of conduct.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Yu Darvish said:

I don't mean any disrespect here, but do people give you grief over that? Just asking because nowadays the Blue Jays are always mentioned when talking about sports teams with the worst reputation in terms of conduct.

Not really though if they were to give me any grief, I'd just ignore them because the Blue Jays are a team that I like following. Granted, I am aware of the team's conduct problems yet it doesn't stop me from enjoying what they do.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Not really though if they were to give me any grief, I'd just ignore them because the Blue Jays are a team that I like following. Granted, I am aware of the team's conduct problems yet it doesn't stop me from enjoying what they do.

That's good. Hopefully we don't have silly flame wars about teams conduct problems here.

For me, the Blue Jays are living in a completely different world. The Dodgers seldom play against them, but I've heard all of the grief about them, and that's already enough for me to prefer other AL teams to be facing the Dodgers in the World Series.

If you're gonna talk about the Blue Jays here, just keep it clean. We don't want bad feelings, just a safe place to discuss Baseball.

I will have to go with my Home town team the Baltimore Orioles. Despite the loss yesterday they are looking pretty good. Just need Tilly back, hope Miley, and that other pitcher thats name is eluding me have a better year then what they've been having..

I've been to a few Atlanta Braves games. They were fun to watch but last year they started rebuilding... It's supposed to be a few years before they're good again.

7 hours ago, Kor said:

I've been to a few Atlanta Braves games. They were fun to watch but last year they started rebuilding... It's supposed to be a few years before they're good again.

What are your thoughts about their new park?

9 hours ago, Flutter Wolf said:

What are your thoughts about their new park?

I've only seen a few pictures, but it looks pretty basic. I heard that it got a good reception from fans, so that's nice.

The Braves did a lot of rebuilding to their pitching staff, but two of the new pitchers they got are pretty old. I'll let time decide whether or not that will affect their regular season record though.

I just wonder what Fredi's up to after he got fired as Braves skipper.