Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6's Seaponies designs appear

Sly

Hey there. Yesterday several fabric dedicated to the MLP Movie appeared. And one of them shows the Mane 6 as seaponies:

post-39892-0-42242300-1490219549_thumb.jpeg

Here ya go. I personally LOVE these designs. What'ya Think?

• Brohoof 1

Spike looks the most adorable.

While I don't think he's the MOST adorable one, yeah, he is adorable too. I don't see what the big deal is with the fandom about this..

While I don't think he's the MOST adorable one, yeah, he is adorable too. I don't see what the big deal is with the fandom about this..

The fandom is just really fickle when it comes to this kind of thing.

Hey there. Yesterday several fabric dedicated to the MLP Movie appeared. And one of them shows the Mane 6 as seaponies:

attachicon.giflarge (1).jpeg

Here ya go. I personally LOVE these designs. What'ya Think?

HOLY fucking shit! No way that is legit, right?

It looks too damn good to be true! So ADORABLE!!! /)^3^(\ <33333

Well, at the very least, the designs don't look bad, and I was fearing the worst. I still have to ask though, what's the point? I just do not see a reason to this seapony stuff at all in the movie. Even with designs that aren't bad, I can't get past that this seapony business seems forced in.

• Brohoof 1

Well, at the very least, the designs don't look bad, and I was fearing the first. I still have to ask though, what's the point? I just do not see a reason to this seapony stuff at all in the movie. Even with designs that aren't bad, I can't get past that this seapony seems forced in.

Never complain at the inclusion of the master sea pony race! (I have been waiting for this since season 2 Q.Q)

To answer your question tho, I would assume that they have Sea Pony designs since they will be transforming into Sea Ponies in order to help the Hippocampi in the movie. Kinda like how they transformed into Breezies in that one season 4 episode. :o

(edited)

Well, at the very least, the designs don't look bad, and I was fearing the worst. I still have to ask though, what's the point? I just do not see a reason to this seapony stuff at all in the movie. Even with designs that aren't bad, I can't get past that this seapony business seems forced in.

Yeah because treating the Mane 6 like trash with no value for the sake of the story is Oscar deserving writing right? Ah forget it, I ranted enough about that and I don't want to return on it anymore.

Honestly I don't see what is the matter, and we can't say what is right or wrong for the show (well except when writers ignore the continuity, that is wrong but is wrong for pretty much every series), the show doesn't belong tu us. Besides, we actually don't know what roles the seaponies will play in the Movie. Don't you think it is way too soon to make such Assumptions?

Edited by Sly

Yeah because treating the Mane 6 like trash with no value for the sake of the story is Oscar deserving writing right? Ah forget it, I ranted enough about that and I don't want to return on it anymore.

Besides, we actually don't know what roles the seaponies will play in the Movie. Don'the you think it is way too soon to make such Assumptions?

Sure, it is probably too soon to make any assumptions, but I simply cannot help but get an Equestria Girls vibe from the seapony thing. Nowhere near as bad, but the general feeling I have is that the whole point of the seapony stuff is for Hasbro to once again wedge themselves into another toyline or brand. We can argue all day long about if that is good or not, I personally just don't like it. It seems forced and unappealing. I hope this whole segment in the film will be good despite this, I simply don't have positive impressions thus far.

(edited)

Sure, it is probably too soon to make any assumptions, but I simply cannot help but get an Equestria Girls vibe from the seapony thing. Nowhere near as bad, but the general feeling I have is that the whole point of the seapony stuff is for Hasbro to once again wedge themselves into another toyline or brand. We can argue all day long about if that is good or not, I personally just don't like it. It seems forced and unappealing. I hope this whole segment in the film will be good despite this, I simply don't have positive impressions thus far.

Mh your loss. I don't care about this whole "toy commercial" thing anyway. All I really want from this movie is it doing justice to the MANE 6. For the rest if it was for me, they can do whatever they want. Besides I really love the designs of the Mane 6 as seaponies (and that is a good starting point on that) so I don't complain.

Edited by Sly

I would buy Sea Pony Mane 6 variants in an instant. And I have never bought any MLP merch in my life :o

If it is a marketing ploy by Hasbro being forced into the plot of the movie, they certainly know how to milk nostalgia~

• Brohoof 1

The designs look alright. I like how the cutie marks are located on their dorsal fins. The only things that look a little bit out of place are AJ's hat and tail band.

I just wish I will be able to say the same for the undersea environment, but since I'm one of the 700 weirdos who watch live streams of NOAA Ocean Explorer deep sea dives, I guess I have a bit skewed opinion on this particular subject :P

Not too fond of them to be honest. 

Yeah they look a little funny, but it's still cool.

Spike looks the most adorable.

I think spike looks the best as he looks like a pufferfish. Makes sense as dragons puff smoke. XD

Not sure if official or not, but that could work. 

Not sure how I feel about making them more like mermaids than sea horses though.  :confused:

(especially since Twilight was Ariel's daughter ;) )

Edited by Jangocoolguy

Nice designes. Why is Apple Jacks tail bound together?

What scale are seaponies? Are they pony size, or very tiny?

I hope tinkerbell size for ponies. Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like em more if the toys themselves weren't on the hideous reboot poses. I discovered a few years ago I'm quite picky about merponies. I do like the fins on the pegasus though.

I'm guessing these are gonna be standard size. Perhaps a little smaller? 3-4 inches perhaps. The babies are going to be blindbag sized. Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

^I would say either very slightly smaller than normal ponies, or the same exact size. Don't worry, they aren't gonna be a similar size to the teeny-tiny Breezies from season 4 lol

• Brohoof 1