Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Becoming a Comedian

Lucid_Nightlight

If there is one thing I want to do in my life, it's to become a comedian. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. I have many ideas for material and all that, but I just don't know where to start. Is there a place I can go to do a couple acts and test the waters? Should I try standing out on the street with a money bucket and tell jokes with an amp and a microphone?

This is my problem. I know what I want to do for a career, but I don't know where to start. Making a LOT of money won't come overnight, I understand that, but where can I start on that path? I've done miniature comedy acts for some friends, but I'm looking for bigger audiences.

I have the jokes and the routines, but not a place to do them at. How do I sign up for this stuff? I mean, don't think I'm in the comedian thing just for the money. I mean yes, thats one part of it, but its more than just that. I want to be able to make a living off of something I really enjoy doing.

You could start a youtube channel and go from there there's a lot of big comedians who got their start online and you'd be seen world wide so you'd have a bigger audience it may start slow as with anything, but you'll get more and more views.

• Brohoof 2

Hi, @Lucid_Nightlight! Since you are asking for personal assistance, your thread would be better suited as a blog entry, and has therefore been locked. Threads in General Discussion should be created with the intent of generating an ongoing discussion. Once your questions are answered, your thread would no longer have a purpose. Thank you for your understanding, and I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors! :)

• Brohoof 2